Page 103 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2556

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Puppet master is involved, so maybe the Hulk's under his influence, although I'm not sure that would work on him-or has in the past.

It's kind of interesting how different some of the personas work with the Thing. Merged/Professor seemed to regard him as sort of an old drinking buddy, almost, while Joe and Savage of course were more adversarial.
    After having Brian-TOBA inside him, I'd call serious malarkey on y he at.

Considering who's writing this however, I better go dust off my malarkey call.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Sean Izaakse's Hulk from FF #12 looking badass!

The Unstoppable, Immortal Hulk's Sales

The Immortal Hulk is unlike anything else in the direct market today.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/07...mics-al-ewing/

Amazing sales analysis about the success of this book!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    The Unstoppable, Immortal Hulk's Sales

The Immortal Hulk is unlike anything else in the direct market today.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/07...mics-al-ewing/

Amazing sales analysis about the success of this book!
    I think because the book is written intelligent, mature and with tremendous depth, it appeals to a larger audience. I hope that Marvel Comics will keep this in mind with future Hulk writers. There is no reason a well written Hulk book shouldn't consistently sell like Batman and Spider-Man. Hulk has that potential fanbase because he's an interesting character when written by a writer that gets him.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I think because the book is written intelligent, mature and with tremendous depth, it appeals to a larger audience. I hope that Marvel Comics will keep this in mind with future Hulk writers. There is no reason a well written Hulk book shouldn't consistently sell like Batman and Spider-Man. Hulk has that potential fanbase because he's an interesting character when written by a writer that gets him.
    Great points. I'm happy that this series is doing well critically and financially. I hope subsequent creative teams for the Hulk can continue this level of success.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Great points. I'm happy that this series is doing well critically and financially. I hope subsequent creative teams for the Hulk can continue this level of success.
    Thanks and I agree.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

One of the things Ewing has said is that, when He finished his run, he wanted to leave the character in a place where the next creative teams would have a lot of new elements to play, a much broader mythology, not unlike what PAD had done in his era.

To be fair to Peter David, Marvel screwed him at the time. He had plans for the character, but Marvel wanted him to take him into a direction that he didn't want to write. Marvel Comics is good for screwing up the Hulk's lore by continuing trying to sell us a character close to what we've seen in television or most of his early movie appearances. A Hulk without any real personality... stinks.

Agreed. But, right now, I'd like to think they've learned their lesson. The numbers are there.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Do you mean sales or Hulk Thing rumble.

I'm guessing we're getting a Bruce 'Joe' Banner vs Human Grimm moment.
    I am thinking this, they emphasis that he will turn into a human in 12 hours. I feel like there will be a Banner vs Bob(Sentry) moment, except Hulk turns to Banner cause of daylight, while Thing turns to human Ben Grimm because his 12 hours are up and he KO's Banner.

Either that or Ben just straight up wins, normally Hulk would crush him i mean he already 2-shot him in Secret Empire, but since it's Slott and since this is the biggest Hulk vs Thing fight ever and all that hype, there is no way Ben Grimm is straight up gonna lose in the end.

Oh wow it was the puppet master controlling the Hulk all the time even though he shouldn't be able to do that, and oh wow he's fighting the thing but look at that...I don't actually give a shot.

Because it's not based on some interpersonal conflict or plot point, its just, GEE WHIZ I BETTER GET THE HULK HERE TO FIGHT THING, BETTER USE MIND CONTROL.

This is the kinda crap that Hickman and Waid used to pull, thanks a lot Dan Slott.

I mean it's like they honestly don't get why people actually like the Immortal Hulk. It's like its just baffles them we want to see conflict come from the characters and not some outside force or "Puppet Master".

Might as well just be Dan Slott's mug floating over the battle smashing action figures together.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Oh wow it was the puppet master controlling the Hulk all the time even though he shouldn't be able to do that, and oh wow he's fighting the thing but look at that...I don't actually give a shot.

Because it's not based on some interpersonal conflict or plot point, its just, GEE WHIZ I BETTER GET THE HULK HERE TO FIGHT THING, BETTER USE MIND CONTROL.

This is the kinda crap that Hickman and Waid used to pull, thanks a lot Dan Slott.

I mean it's like they honestly don't get why people actually like the Immortal Hulk. It's like its just baffles them we want to see conflict come from the characters and not some outside force or "Puppet Master".

Might as well just be Dan Slott's mug floating over the battle smashing action figures together.
    It was pretty obvious from the last FF issue that it would be the Puppet Muster controlling the Hulk, it is dumb and takes away from the conflict and rivalry between Hulk and Ben but that's Slott for you.

Thing is the main character in this story, Hulk is not and it's not two-sided, it's all about Ben, while Hulk might as well be a robot at this point, as you said it's similar to what Waid used to do when he just made Hulk a mindless beast all the time.

Ben Grimm doesn't have a glass jaw, unlike a certain god.

Fantastic Member

Could i ask one of you guys to do me a favor and ask all to unblock me on twitter https://twitter.com/NeroSub89

Apparently he blocked a bunch of people that follow some journalist(dont even know which journalist he is talking about), but i got caught in the chain block. I have never had anything but pleasurable talks with Al, this sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Could i ask one of you guys to do me a favor and ask all to unblock me on twitter https://twitter.com/NeroSub89

Apparently he blocked a bunch of people that follow some journalist(dont even know which journalist he is talking about), but i got caught in the chain block. I have never had anything but pleasurable talks with Al, this sucks...
    Just sent him a msg!Let's wait a bit.