Page 105 of 171 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2556

Knowing Ewing and Bennett I think anything that starts simple will spiral into glorious chaos before to long.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    While I'm with you on the whole Hulk vs. the military being overused, I don't feel we got the same feel of past stories at all with Al's take with Shadow Base. It has more of a mad scientists feel to it than military. As far as Dario Agger is concerned and he being the CEO of Roxxon, he has found himself involved in more than military type of situations. Considering at one point in the Weapon H book, he wanted to explore mystical realms and exploit them for their natural resources. So, there is no telling what a confrontation between he and Hulk will be about. Hopefully Marvel will one day learn to stop giving characters bad showings. Real threats to the good guys is what makes comics suspenseful.
    Al did add his own spin to it, it's definitely different then just some military jeeps and tanks shooting at Hulk, but even still i just don't see the military as much of a threat. I mean if you look we started off with TOBA whose this supposedly multiversal threat, then dropped down to Fortean in his Abomination body and next we are going after Dario the minotaur, it feels like we are progressively getting weaker and weaker enemies, despite Al explicitly promising that the villains Hulk will face will get more and more powerful and dangerous, i mean Hulk takes care of Thors B-tier villain and? It's just not something i care much about. Al keep throwing at us all these stuff about Hell and religious subtext and yet we don't get to fully explore that? I feel like this will probably be the point where Al's book quality drops and it becomes repetitive. Hopefully i am wrong.

I just feel like this a book where the horror and threat should keep escalating not be downgraded. Like yea can't wait to see a throwaway Thor villain who got embarrassed by Thor and Jane Foster and Weapon H before go up against a Hulk whose just a few issues ago fighting the literal forces of Hell itself...

Immortal Hulk #25 Pushed Back Two Weeks

Man I hope Marvel Comics isn't messing with or up Al Ewing's story...

https://www.newsarama.com/46353-doub...two-weeks.html
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Knowing Ewing and Bennett I think anything that starts simple will spiral into glorious chaos before to long.
    Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Al did add his own spin to it, it's definitely different then just some military jeeps and tanks shooting at Hulk, but even still i just don't see the military as much of a threat. I mean if you look we started off with TOBA whose this supposedly multiversal threat, then dropped down to Fortean in his Abomination body and next we are going after Dario the minotaur, it feels like we are progressively getting weaker and weaker enemies, despite Al explicitly promising that the villains Hulk will face will get more and more powerful and dangerous, i mean Hulk takes care of Thors B-tier villain and? It's just not something i care much about. Al keep throwing at us all these stuff about Hell and religious subtext and yet we don't get to fully explore that? I feel like this will probably be the point where Al's book quality drops and it becomes repetitive. Hopefully i am wrong.

I just feel like this a book where the horror and threat should keep escalating not be downgraded. Like yea can't wait to see a throwaway Thor villain who got embarrassed by Thor and Jane Foster and Weapon H before go up against a Hulk whose just a few issues ago fighting the literal forces of Hell itself...
    I believe in any well imagined story, anyone can pose a real threat. This is the Marvel Universe where Scientists; whether human, aliens or demons; can conjure any type of weapon to deal with anyone they deem a foe. I too desire more fantasy and horror from a Hulk book that had been sadly missing for many years. We've had Scifi and adventure. Hulk needs his own set of foes from demons to cosmic beings to mutates and mutants. He's a unique character that fits well in all genres.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 08-02-2019 at 10:26 AM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Immortal Hulk #25 Pushed Back Two Weeks

Man I hope Marvel Comics isn't messing with or up Al Ewing's story...

https://www.newsarama.com/46353-doub...two-weeks.html
    It was likely too close to the previous releases i mean you have 23 and 24 coming out in September than 25 was suppose to come out right at the start of October, Bennett needs room to breathe.

TOBA is there though. It's always there just beneath the surface. Slowly leaking into the world.

Just another brawl neuth Absorbing-Man turns into a trip to He'll. Just another Abomination becomes a terrifying mix of a military mind wielding hellish strength.

ROXXON thinks they're in control, just like Fortean, but I'm betting they're not. It's one thing to play around with Asgard and the nine realms.

Messing with gamma though...a primordial force of creation that releases primordial psychological forces...yeah, it wears the souls of men.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Absolutely this.

Fantastic Member

As much as i am loving this series, and i LOVE THIS SERIES. I am kinda disappointed the next arc is about going after Roxxon and Dario, i mean we just dealt with some ******* humans in the form of Fortean and his Shadow Base and the next direction is to deal with more shitty humans and the Roxxon corporation? Some B-tier Thor villains? I was hoping we would deal more with heaven and hell concepts, fight some demonic entities. Having the Hulk fight shady business corporations just doesn't have the same weight to it as going after the lords of hell and stuff like that.
    I'll be honest, I'm not thrilled as I never found Roxxon or Dario interesting.

That being said, it's interesting how Ewing's run is paralleling PAD's in a way.

PAD united Bruce's personalities/had them on the same page, then threw him into a mythological arc or two where he had to make moral choices impacting the world (Pantheon; stepping into a war; etc)

It's not 100% lined up, of course, but it struck me as interesting.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm not thrilled as I never found Roxxon or Dario interesting.

That being said, it's interesting how Ewing's run is paralleling PAD's in a way.

PAD united Bruce's personalities/had them on the same page, then threw him into a mythological arc or two where he had to make moral choices impacting the world (Pantheon; stepping into a war; etc)

It's not 100% lined up, of course, but it struck me as interesting.
    I was just hoping he would pick someone more interesting than Dario and Roxxon, they are just kinda meh to me in every aspect.

I was hoping Ewing would have Hulk go against characters he never fought, see something original but this wasn't what i had in mind....

One of the interesting things about PAD's run and the Pantheon was that it was implied (or in-joked) a few times that Agamennom's true form was Bucky.

Whatever happened to the Pantheon anyway? While Agamennom returned in PAD's other works, they seemed to go into total limbo following PAD's exit. I mean, the organization did fall but there were still surviving members.

I wonder if, given their relationship to Loki, there might be a chance of them showing up in the Loki TV show or in a future Thor movie.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-02-2019 at 01:05 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

One thing about Roxxon and early Marvel Comics is that politics and Corporations played a big role in the Universe. I'm personally glad to see writers like Pak, Hickman and Ewing going back to the Marvel basics. These are the underlying themes that made Marvel Comics feel close to home when I was younger. A writer's ability of executing the story will either make or break it.

Spectacular Member

Hey y’all
    The Recently released Greg Pak Hulkverine TPB,if i were to slip it into my Hulk Trade collection where would I place Immortal Hulks appearance in this trade collection continuity wise as far as inbetween issues of Immortal Hulk?
    Last edited by Dr.Octagon; 08-03-2019 at 05:29 AM.

Well, the way I see the possible new status quo, I think it's very insteresting for the character. One of these places that basically only the Hulk can fit into.

We know this Hulk is/can be quite mean. He wanted to end the world as it is. Now He wants to "fix it". Those visions are , in no way, so different from each other

Hulk has the power, and now the resources, to impose his own vision of what a fixed "perfect" world must be.

He will destroy Roxxon, and it doesn't matter if they're good or bad guys. He will do that to anyone one whom He believes to pose a threat to the world, or who might be in his way.

In some ways He can be seen as an antagonist. A lot of people won't be satisfied with his choices.

He can be seen either as a hero or monster. Knowing Ewing, there are some ( a lot) places where this can go. And that's what makes me excited!

It's his awful decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Octagon View Post
    Hey y’all
    The Recently released Greg Pak Hulkverine TPB,if i were to slip it into my Hulk Trade collection where would I place Immortal Hulks appearance in this trade collection continuity wise as far as inbetween issues of Immortal Hulk?
    According to Ewing, it cant fit into a lot of places. So, don't worry about that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    According to Ewing, it cant fit into a lot of places. So, don't worry about that.
    Yeah but if I had to squeeze it in where would you suggest? Lol
    Are there places in recent issues where it can be effectively shoe horned inbetween story arcs so to speak ?