Page 106 of 171 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2556

I don't think that General Fortean is as in control as he thinks he is. Not really. This is not going to end well for him.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    It was likely too close to the previous releases i mean you have 23 and 24 coming out in September than 25 was suppose to come out right at the start of October, Bennett needs room to breathe.
    Retailers also since it's a pricier issue.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Octagon View Post
    Yeah but if I had to squeeze it in where would you suggest? Lol
    Are there places in recent issues where it can be effectively shoe horned inbetween story arcs so to speak ?
    Recent issues, no. But I can see it fitting between issues #8 and #9. Can't think of other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I don't think that General Fortean is as in control as he thinks he is. Not really. This is not going to end well for him.
    No doubt about it. The nose bleeding instantly reminded me of what happened to Dell Frye (IH #2).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Recent issues, no. But I can see it fitting between issues #8 and #9. Can't think of other places.
    Ok I’ll try reading it between #8 and #9...

Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Agreed. He's wielding way too much power for him to maintain control. I do hope he gets into a nice battle with the Hulk.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Fantastic Member

Joe did an interview, it's in Portuguese and almost an hour long, but the cool part you guys can check out happens at 30:40, as you can see some preview drawings for issue 23 i think, there is even a really cool and horrific shot but i wont spoil it for you.

I’ll give Ewing a chance to win me over because yeah, never found Roxxon to be a compelling villain ever. They’re just your typical evil corporation that does evil things for money and because they’re evil. Marvel made them up because they couldn’t use Oscorp anymore but they’ve never been anything more than your usual cliches. But the other part of that solicit sounds VERY intriguing. spoilers:
    Hulk amassing power to change the world? What kind of power are we talking about here? I’m guessing it’s more than just raw physical power.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ll give Ewing a chance to win me over because yeah, never found Roxxon to be a compelling villain ever. They’re just your typical evil corporation that does evil things for money and because they’re evil. Marvel made them up because they couldn’t use Oscorp anymore but they’ve never been anything more than your usual cliches. But the other part of that solicit sounds VERY intriguing. spoilers:
    Hulk amassing power to change the world? What kind of power are we talking about here? I’m guessing it’s more than just raw physical power.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe he takes over Roxxon? Joe Fixit would like that.
    end of spoilers

end of spoilers
    Roxxon Energy Corporation has actually been around since the 1970's.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post

Joe did an interview, it's in Portuguese and almost an hour long, but the cool part you guys can check out happens at 30:40, as you can see some preview drawings for issue 23 i think, there is even a really cool and horrific shot but i wont spoil it for you.
    I will try to translate the main ideas later!

end of spoilers
    I don't know where You've heard that. Roxxon has existed for decades and has been responsible for a lot of bad things in the MU. I don't think Oscorp, which is mostly Spidey-related, even compares. Agger was JA's idea and is one of his rare, among many crappy ones, ideas with some potential. Ewing, as usual, can turn it into something amazing, imo

Astonishing Member

Due the ongoing story in Fantastic Four that have the Thing vs the Hulk it reminded me of other of those stories.
    So one of the stories of Hulk vs the Thing i will be re-reading again now will be Marvel Graphic Novel#29,i have a copy of that story.So that story by Jim Starlin and Bernie Wrightson it´s in my pile to read comic books now.
    And speaking of other Hulk stories i read recently the Hulk smash Aveners limited series in five issues.With covers by Lee Weeks that illustrated the Hulk stories before and several writers and artist´s.I thought it was a cool limited series.

Fantastic Member

Roxxon has existed for decades but they are so crappy and ineffectual most people haven't even realized it and they think Aaron completely invented them a few years back. Again i never saw any driving potential behind Roxxon, even A.I.M. is more effectual as far as evil organizations go. Hopefully Al can make something interesting out of, but i don't expect much.

It's kinda of a disappointment when you realize that the "Beast of Myth" that Metatron was referring to is probably Dario in his Minotaur form, while i was hoping it was some beast from Hell.

Characters are only as good and as interesting as the creative teams make them. I felt the direction that Roxxon was taking in the Weapon H story had potential, but the series got canned before we could get to see what types of mystical stories could result.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

I have not read any of the Immortal Hulk stories yet.

My own history regarding Hulk (the official title, I have never cared about The Rampaging Hulk):

From the Lee and Kirby era I have read the first two or three issues, but he was not at all like the Hulk we became familiar with later. And so far I have not read any of the issues from the Marie Severin era, or anything else between the first issue and the Herb Trimpe era.
    The oldest issue from the Trimpe period is issue 148. It was a decent run with plenty of ideas and imagination.

After Trimpe we have the Sal Buscema era (with writers Len Wein, Roger Stern and Bill Mantlo). This is in my opinion Hulk's golden age.

It can be divided into three parts; the first one from issue 194 to issue 271. In 271 Hulk meets Rocket Raccoon. It is also the last time we see the green Hulk mentally speaking.

In issue 272 Banner controls Hulks body, except from a short return that last no more than a moment. This period ends with issue 293, which is when the we see the slow emerge of the Nightmare created Hulk.

After issue 300 we have Hulk's interdimensional crossroads adventures that goes on for little over a year. Mantlo is still writer, and Buscema leaves after issue 309 (with a short return later when Hulk is kidnapped by an extremely obese man who wants his powers).

Then John Byrne and later Al Milgrom takes over for a while, and even if they add some significant ideas a few decent issues, the stories can not be compared to how the title used to be.

Peter David takes officially over in issue 331 (but was a guest writer in 328). He does add some vitamins to the title, even if I don't agree on all the changes he does (like claiming Bruce Banner is mentally ill). We are introduced to the "merged" Hulk later on, but after issue 400 there is not much of interest. If it's the artwork or the stories that is the major reason for this I'm not sure.

I haven't read them yet, but if one should judge a comic book by its cover, there seems to be a short return to interesting stuff from issue 447 to 454 or something. Then Adam Kubert takes over as the artist for a few issues, but after issue 467 both Peter David and Kubert leaves. Everything published after that I just don't care about.