Page 107 of 171 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2556
    Fantastic Member

I don't feel like Roxxon had anything interesting going in Weapon H the story was all over the place and the writing was kinda bad tbh, which is no wonder it got canceled so quickly. I mean just look at how bad the writing was in Weapon H.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Banner View Post
    I have not read any of the Immortal Hulk stories yet.

My own history regarding Hulk (the official title, I have never cared about The Rampaging Hulk):

From the Lee and Kirby era I have read the first two or three issues, but he was not at all like the Hulk we became familiar with later. And so far I have not read any of the issues from the Marie Severin era, or anything else between the first issue and the Herb Trimpe era.
    The oldest issue from the Trimpe period is issue 148. It was a decent run with plenty of ideas and imagination.

After Trimpe we have the Sal Buscema era (with writers Len Wein, Roger Stern and Bill Mantlo). This is in my opinion Hulk's golden age.

It can be divided into three parts; the first one from issue 194 to issue 271. In 271 Hulk meets Rocket Raccoon. It is also the last time we see the green Hulk mentally speaking.

In issue 272 Banner controls Hulks body, except from a short return that last no more than a moment. This period ends with issue 293, which is when the we see the slow emerge of the Nightmare created Hulk.

After issue 300 we have Hulk's interdimensional crossroads adventures that goes on for little over a year. Mantlo is still writer, and Buscema leaves after issue 309 (with a short return later when Hulk is kidnapped by an extremely obese man who wants his powers).

Then John Byrne and later Al Milgrom takes over for a while, and even if they add some significant ideas a few decent issues, the stories can not be compared to how the title used to be.

Peter David takes officially over in issue 331 (but was a guest writer in 328). He does add some vitamins to the title, even if I don't agree on all the changes he does (like claiming Bruce Banner is mentally ill). We are introduced to the "merged" Hulk later on, but after issue 400 there is not much of interest. If it's the artwork or the stories that is the major reason for this I'm not sure.

I haven't read them yet, but if one should judge a comic book by its cover, there seems to be a short return to interesting stuff from issue 447 to 454 or something. Then Adam Kubert takes over as the artist for a few issues, but after issue 467 both Peter David and Kubert leaves. Everything published after that I just don't care about.
    Planet Hulk and World War Hulk are as classic as Hulk stories can be.

Ewing/Bennett run already is, with only 22 issues, as great as the best of PAD's run, which is the greatest run of the character; in the opinion of most fans an readers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Roxxon Energy Corporation has actually been around since the 1970's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I will try to translate the main ideas later!

I don't know where You've heard that. Roxxon has existed for decades and has been responsible for a lot of bad things in the MU. I don't think Oscorp, which is mostly Spidey-related, even compares. Agger was JA's idea and is one of his rare, among many crappy ones, ideas with some potential. Ewing, as usual, can turn it into something amazing, imo
    Fair enough, I had no idea they were so old. They didn’t become so omnipresent until Aaron’s Thor run I feel, or maybe that was just their highest profile appearance. Like I said I’ll give Ewing a chance to make me care.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Fair enough, I had no idea they were so old. They didn’t become so omnipresent until Aaron’s Thor run I feel, or maybe that was just their highest profile appearance. Like I said I’ll give Ewing a chance to make me care.
    Marvel comics used to be full of stories wherein it's world's politics played a part in the background of many of the characters' ongoing plots. Corrupt corporations and organizations included. As for what Al Ewing is planning, the key is making it cohesive with what the Hulk is planning to do in the future. I think Dario Agger is getting the short end of the stick by some here because he is a character whose potential has yet to be revealed. He too is born of mystical energies.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 08-04-2019 at 04:07 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

I keep hearing so many great things about the current Hulk run...

Quote Originally Posted by tunerfreak87 View Post
    I keep hearing so many great things about the current Hulk run...
    You should try it. There's a reason it's been so praised. It's a classic in this making.

You should try it. There's a reason it's been so praised. It's a classic in this making.
    I’ll have to pick up some back issues next time I’m at my LCS.

I haven’t read the Hulk since like 600-640.

Quote Originally Posted by tunerfreak87 View Post
    I’ll have to pick up some back issues next time I’m at my LCS.
    Just read Avengers: No Surrender ( it's where the Hulk comes back) and start with Immortal Hulk #1. You're good to go.

Or start with the Immortal Hulk TPB vol 1.

Just read Avengers: No Surrender ( it's where the Hulk comes back) and start with Immortal Hulk #1. You're good to go.

Or start with the Immortal Hulk TPB vol 1.
    I would start with Immortal Hulk personally, i never read No Surrender and i have no issues understanding what was going on.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I would start with Immortal Hulk personally, i never read No Surrender and i have no issues understanding what was going on.
    Yeah, true. I just wanted to tell him exactly where exactly Banner comes back after Secret Empire. But, of course, you can start with the title with no problem at all.

Fantastic Marvel #1000 Hulk variant cover by InHyuk Lee!

Ultimate Member

Marvel comics used to be full of stories wherein it's world's politics played a part in the background of many of the characters' ongoing plots. Corrupt corporations and organizations included. As for what Al Ewing is planning, the key is making it cohesive with what the Hulk is planning to do in the future. I think Dario Agger is getting the short end of the stick by some here because he is a character whose potential has yet to be revealed. He too is born of mystical energies.
    He's getting the short end of the stick because Agger is little more than a cliche, mustache twirling Silver Age villain envisioned for the modern era. In virtually every appearance I've seen of him, if he's not delivering exposition, he's (figuratively) kicking the dog in ways too over the top to be taken seriously, even in comic books.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He's getting the short end of the stick because Agger is little more than a cliche, mustache twirling Silver Age villain envisioned for the modern era. In virtually every appearance I've seen of him, if he's not delivering exposition, he's (figuratively) kicking the dog in ways too over the top to be taken seriously, even in comic books.
    Really?!?! I can think of quite a few real world entertainers, politicians, wrestlers, sports announcers, etc... with over the top personalities.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Ultimate Member

Really?!?! I can think of quite a few entertainers, politicians, wrestlers, sports announcers, etc... with over the top personalities.
    Yeah, but that's deliberate, and even then they know when to pull back some.

Agger never does. He's always over the top, always a greedy bastard, and as a consequence, always so damn boring