Page 114 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2556

Correction, Thing won clearly, Slott even wrote that Hulk was fully powerful and had Hulk+Puppet Master's rage combined.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Incredible Hulk #262
    Cover Date: August 1981
    Sale Date: May 12th, 1981
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Ben Sean
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“People in Glass Houses Shouldn’t Hurt Hulks!”
    Villain: Glazier
    Synopsis: Bruce Banner is found unconscious on the coast of Malibu by a mysterious woman named Glazier. She brings him back to her house, made entirely of glass and decorated in white. He awakens and after some small talk, learns that she is an artist with a knack for life-like glass sculptures. A month goes by, and Banner discovers that she has the ability to transform objects into glass. Banner transforms into the Hulk and the house collapses under his enormous weight. The Hulk wanders away, with Glazier a victim of her own power and trapped under the sea.

“Foundling!”
    Villain: Kattan-Tu
    Synopsis: Bruce Banner is wandering the streets of Los Angeles and comes across a frightened boy running from his parents. The parents run a psychological clinic down the road, and ironically, who are Banner is searching for. Later on, the boy is discovered to be a Dire Wraith, and reveals his true form to everyone. The Hulk easily defeats the Wraith, but it shocked to discover that the puny humans still love it as their own son.

Commentary: Something different with two short stories AND white pants on the Hulk! It might have been almost a decade since the Hulk was wearing anything BUT purple pants.
    The first story of Incredible Hulk#262 was one of the first Hulk stories i ever read if memory serves me well.
    Such a great short story,i don´t think i read the second short story of #262,because i read the first story in a reprint comic book and in the comic book i read there was just the first story.
    The first story was to me basically a horror story and holds up as one of my favorite Hulk stories,no wonder that i liked that some years later the stories of the Hulk in Immortal Hulk were more of like a Horror comic book.

Mighty Member

Full power for Devil Hulk =/= full power for Savage Hulk, and twice the rage might not mean much for a variation the may not eat rage the way Savage Hulk does. Devil Hulk has never shown BIG rage fueled amplifications to my recollection. If that's what he needs, he just orders the big guy to come out instead. It's a sensible enough argument to give Ben a win at the cost of his arm.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Full power for Devil Hulk =/= full power for Savage Hulk, and twice the rage might not mean much for a variation the may not eat rage the way Savage Hulk does. Devil Hulk has never shown BIG rage fueled amplifications to my recollection. If that's what he needs, he just orders the big guy to come out instead. It's a sensible enough argument to give Ben a win at the cost of his arm.
    In this context, it was definitely more powerful than usual Hulk. Look at the dialogue.

Mighty Member

Yes, the dialogue, coming from the mouth of the crazy narcissistic Puppet Master through Hulk. When Hulk himself came out to play he didn't say that, and nothing in the issue showed that.

Fantastic Member

This is about as consistent for the characters as the time Batman KO'd Superman with a whistle.

But it's still a win for Ben, i guess this means Ben > Hulk, Superman, Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    This is about as consistent for the characters as the time Batman KO'd Superman with a whistle.

Yeah I guess Grimm is 30-40 Superman's now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Yeah I guess Grimm is 30-40 Superman's now.
    Eh to be fair, current Superman is garbage, he gets KO'd by street level characters and struggles against mid-tiers, he has some of the worst showings of any Superman and ironically he is supposed to be an amalgamation of pre-52 and new-52 one lol.

Still it's cool that Ben is getting the recognition he deserves.

Eh to be fair, current Superman is garbage, he gets KO'd by street level characters and struggles against mid-tiers, he has some of the worst showings of any Superman and ironically he is supposed to be an amalgamation of pre-52 and new-52 one lol.

Still it's cool that Ben is getting the recognition he deserves.
    Not at the expense of the Hulk it's not. Ewing and Bennett spent 22 issues showing how you basically can't control, predict, or put down the Hulk, and Slott comes along and pisses all over that probably out of spite.

Now Gwenpool is going to do the same in a few weeks and so the jobbing out begins by a bunch of hacks who want to steal some thunder.

Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Yes, the dialogue, coming from the mouth of the crazy narcissistic Puppet Master through Hulk. When Hulk himself came out to play he didn't say that, and nothing in the issue showed that.
    That's just your opinion.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Not at the expense of the Hulk it's not. Ewing and Bennett spent 22 issues showing how you basically can't control, predict, or put down the Hulk, and Slott comes along and pisses all over that probably out of spite.

Now Gwenpool is going to do the same in a few weeks and so the jobbing out begins by a bunch of hacks who want to steal some thunder.

Whatever.
    Eh, i mean Slott is infamous for not caring about continuity or respecting other source material, so this was a given, can't really change that.

Gwenpool is kind of a joke character in the same way Squirrel Girl is i don't put much thought into her, even if she magically beats Hulk or something.

At the end of the day there is issue 25 where we will get what is probably not only one of the strongest Hulks ever but one of the strongest fictional beings ever, so if this wasn't your cup of tea, just look forward to that.

Superman was down because Batman exploited one of his weaknesses.

Hulk was beaten because Ben hit him really, really hard. Fair analogy, eh?

Eh, i mean Slott is infamous for not caring about continuity or respecting other source material, so this was a given, can't really change that.

Gwenpool is kind of a joke character in the same way Squirrel Girl is i don't put much thought into her, even if she magically beats Hulk or something.

At the end of the day there is issue 25 where we will get what is probably not only one of the strongest Hulks ever but one of the strongest fictional beings ever, so if this wasn't your cup of tea, just look forward to that.
    I hope Ewing contradicts Slott. Serves him right.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post

Superman bent the knee and kissed the slipper of Bruce Wayne, the Bat God.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post

Yes it's a fair analogy.

Especially since Superman tanked Zod screaming in his ear, but couldn't Batman lol.

Anyway it's no secret that Rebirth Superman jobbs like crazy, he has more low showings than any fictional character i can think of in recent years, except maybe Juggernaut.