Page 116 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2556

There is an issue of Iron Man where classic armor puts all of its energy into one punch to take down Savage Hulk and it leaves Tony trapped in the armor for a full issue, so I am perfectly willing to believe that the Thing, one of the strongest Marvel characters who can throw hands with Namor underwater, tank cosmic blasts, and consistently summons up massive desperation strength through stubborness, can do the same to Devil at the cost of his entire arm. Especially since it did Ben in for a week while Hulk got up and left almost immediately.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    PM said Ben never beat Hulk at full power, so he actually was specifically referring to the spiky/Grey fight.
    Hulk doesn't have a "full-power" though. He definitely wasn't at the strongest he's been shown at here. No shaking tectonic.plates with each footstep, no destroying planets with the aftershock of his punches.

Sounds like Puppet Master has no idea what he's talking about, or what happened in comics he didn't write.

Is Thing officially more durable than Thor now?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Is Thing officially more durable than Thor now?
    Honestly yes, he took punches that broke massive chunks of his body and was still able to fight and even win in the end, Thor was unable to fight after 1 punch.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Because it was Ivy in control and she doesn't has control over his powers.

Heh, Superman has never been more powerful than now.
    How do we know Puppet Master was in full control over Hulks powers? He says he is but how do we know for sure?

Which is ironic considering he has never jobbed more than now.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Honestly yes, he took punches that broke massive chunks of his body and was still able to fight and even win in the end, Thor was unable to fight after 1 punch.
    Hercules also hurt his hand last time he punched Hulk, so Thing must be more durable and stronger than him.

Jane Thor couldn't do that much damage with Mjolnir so Ben hits harder than that now too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    You're acting like that's all he has, he has destroyed a planet by just jumping, oneshotted Hal Jordan, stalemated Molly the keeper with the power of entire universe, overpowered Parallax.

Ben is not stronger than Hulk, Superman is though.
    I never said it's all he has, the point is he can have good feats but also job like crazy. A tiny planet you mean? If we are gonna use PIS feats then Hulk one-shot a being that is almost as powerful if not as powerful as TOAA himself.

He isn't, since he himself say so and neither is Superman. Certainly not with feats like struggling to lift the JL watchtower with Diana, struggling to stop an elephant, struggling to push an object 5 miles wide, unable to stop a turtle the size of a car from falling form the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    How do we know Puppet Master was in full control over Hulks powers? He says he is but how do we know for sure?

Which is ironic considering he has never jobbed more than now.
    Pre-Crisis Supes lauhs at this, marries current Supes to a monkey, then sells him to Batman for half a packet of cigarettes.

BANNED

As a Hulk fan I’m saying that this time the Hulk let Ben win this one. I mean one Hulk was mind controlled and two the many personalities in the Hulk could cause problems. Right?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    As a Hulk fan I’m saying that this time the Hulk let Ben win this one. I mean one Hulk was mind controlled and two the many personalities in the Hulk could cause problems. Right?
    It's hilarious that Hulk gets to casually steam roll everyone, often to the point of PIS, but the one time a character gives it their all and actually takes him out, it has to be retconned as 'letting him win'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's hilarious that Hulk gets to casually steam roll everyone, often to the point of PIS, but the one time a character gives it their all and actually takes him out, it has to be retconned as 'letting him win'
    Well that’s it about the Hulk. As we never heard him speak to Ben properly as himself within the issue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Well that’s it about the Hulk. As we never heard him speak to Ben properly as himself within the issue.
    That’s just not accurate. He spoke as himself several different times. One example of Hulk speaking on his own to Ben:
    Hulk- “You said it yourself. You married his kid!”
    Ben- “I asked for permission!”
    Hulk- “He didn’t give it. Your girl made a radioactive puppet of her old man. She made him say that!”

Ben won this fight. The Sonics won 2 games against the 72 win Bulls team. Bulls won the championship. Hulk is way way way ahead in their rivalry still. And I don’t doubt Ewing will even it up down the road sometime. Probably beating the whole FF team in addition to just Ben (AGAIN).

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #263
    Cover Date: September 1981
    Sale Date: June 9th, 1981
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Sharen & Warfield
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“I Feel the Earth Move Under My Feet and the Sky Come Tumbling Down!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Ross, Rick Jones, Landslide
    Villain: Avalanche
    Synopsis: A moody Hulk is still wandering around the Los Angeles area…this time during a rain storm. A state trooper crashes into him but an earthquake sends the brute tumbling down the cliff before he can retaliate. Another tremor shakes the ground and the Hulk ends up following a mysterious glowing figure who crawled from the cracked pavement. Meanwhile, a plane with Rick Jones and Betty Ross crashes at the L.A. airport. Turns out it’s Avalanche, a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. He’s in a mood after the groups latest defeat at the hands of the X-Men, and decides that some good old fashioned blackmail would work out better than dealing with super heroes. Nearby, the Hulk continues to follow the glowing figure, and it’s stirred a memory in the Hulk that he can’t quite figure out. His name is Landslide, and his power is nearly identical to Avalanche’s. We get a small backstory and the two begin to fight. The Hulk isn’t interested and prepares to leap away when he notices Betty and Rick. Betty pleads for help, and the Hulk is reluctant at first – but gives in. The three have a back n’ forth, which results in the Hulk saving a plane from disaster and then Avalanche’s powers being re-directed at him. The Hulk gathers Betty and Rick and the trio escape…

Commentary: Good story, but there are some awkward and clumsy dialogue spots. Mantlo has always been overly verbose in his writing, but that cop…

BANNED

It's been a long time since I've posted on this forum. I'll have to do it more often. Lots of things have been happening with THE IMMORTAL HULK, as Al Ewing continues to craft one of the all-time greatest Hulk/Banner runs. And it's continuing to sell extremely well, so I'm quite thankful of that, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming issues and arcs.

Now, in regards to FF #12-13, I can understand what Subzero89 and others are getting at in the matters, but I also look at it like this. It was written by Dan Slott, who at times isn't the most consistent writer there is. He's hit and miss with me. Don't love him or hate him. He had Ben withstand a blast from Galactus that'd split the mantle of a planet, something that Ben normally shouldn't be able to withstand, so I can only assume he's amped Ben Grimm quite a bit.

I'm not too worried about it affecting Immortal Hulk in any way for several major reasons.

First; Hulk was mostly under the control of the Puppet Master and, under normal circumstances, could and would kill Ben quickly if he so desired. I mean, this is the same Hulk who laid out a team of Avengers solo, fought against the hordes of the One Below All, etc. If he wanted Ben dead, he would have killed him. He's easily mauled Ben before, he could do it again just as effortlessly.

Secondly; the blow Ben delivered that totally damaged his arm to the point he's got to wear a vibranium cast, I believe wasn't all that resulted in the temporary KO of the Hulk, but was combined with the vast psychic backlash of the Puppet Master's control being severed. Besides, for all we know, the Hulk could have gotten up right after Ben, in his human form, collapsed on the beach.

Third; Ben won (barely and at the cost of his life), but it was extremely lucky, as in on in a billion chance, and he nearly got killed! He was unconscious for an entire week and had his entire arm and body badly damaged! If anything Ben's "win" was a miracle of miracles. It was also Slott's way of catering to the Thing/Ben, a gift for his honeymoon, if you will. Could it have been handled better? Yes. Could it have been handled worse? Oh, yeah. You don't think so? Imagine some of the past mediocre Hulk writers like Mark Waid, Jason Aaron and Gerry Duggan writing the fight.

If and when Hulk & Ben meet again, rest assured that Ben, alone or with back-up, will fair any better against the Hulk than he has in previous encounters like World War Hulk, Secret Empire, or past issues of Fantastic Four & The Incredible Hulk.

In other words, guys and gals, take these 2 issues of FF with a large grain of salt, much like Pak's underwhelming Hulkverines mini-series. They're inconsequential and have no meaning or impact on the main IMMORTAL HULK series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    It's been a long time since I've posted on this forum. I'll have to do it more often. Lots of things have been happening with THE IMMORTAL HULK, as Al Ewing continues to craft one of the all-time greatest Hulk/Banner runs. And it's continuing to sell extremely well, so I'm quite thankful of that, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming issues and arcs.

Now, in regards to FF #12-13, I can understand what Subzero89 and others are getting at in the matters, but I also look at it like this. It was written by Dan Slott, who at times isn't the most consistent writer there is. He's hit and miss with me. Don't love him or hate him. He had Ben withstand a blast from Galactus that'd split the mantle of a planet, something that Ben normally shouldn't be able to withstand, so I can only assume he's amped Ben Grimm quite a bit.

I'm not too worried about it affecting Immortal Hulk in any way for several major reasons.

First; Hulk was mostly under the control of the Puppet Master and, under normal circumstances, could and would kill Ben quickly if he so desired. I mean, this is the same Hulk who laid out a team of Avengers solo, fought against the hordes of the One Below All, etc. If he wanted Ben dead, he would have killed him. He's easily mauled Ben before, he could do it again just as effortlessly.

Secondly; the blow Ben delivered that totally damaged his arm to the point he's got to wear a vibranium cast, I believe wasn't all that resulted in the temporary KO of the Hulk, but was combined with the vast psychic backlash of the Puppet Master's control being severed. Besides, for all we know, the Hulk could have gotten up right after Ben, in his human form, collapsed on the beach.

Third; Ben won (barely and at the cost of his life), but it was extremely lucky, as in on in a billion chance, and he nearly got killed! He was unconscious for an entire week and had his entire arm and body badly damaged! If anything Ben's "win" was a miracle of miracles. It was also Slott's way of catering to the Thing/Ben, a gift for his honeymoon, if you will. Could it have been handled better? Yes. Could it have been handled worse? Oh, yeah. You don't think so? Imagine some of the past mediocre Hulk writers like Mark Waid, Jason Aaron and Gerry Duggan writing the fight.

If and when Hulk & Ben meet again, rest assured that Ben, alone or with back-up, will fair any better against the Hulk than he has in previous encounters like World War Hulk, Secret Empire, or past issues of Fantastic Four & The Incredible Hulk.

In other words, guys and gals, take these 2 issues of FF with a large grain of salt, much like Pak's underwhelming Hulkverines mini-series. They're inconsequential and have no meaning or impact on the main IMMORTAL HULK series.
    Funny thing you mentioned Pak’s Hulkverines mini series story as Ewing made mention of that in the recent Immortal Hulk series so like Pak before him Ewing cares about Hulk’s history.