Page 12 of 171 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Man, what a book. I think it might be time for another journey through what we have so far.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

It's particularly been an amazing journey. I might say I'm most excited, so far, about Immortal Hulk #15: it will be great to learn more about this Hulk and his bond with Banner which may be, after what happened, stronger than ever.

Two interesting answers by Al Ewing in his twitter:

Last edited by Immortal Hulk; 02-07-2019 at 05:14 PM.

This will be an instant by if this series gets the Oversized treatment when collected.

Any thoughts on the Avengers: Endgame look for the Hulk? Looks like MCU might be giving us a version of the merged/professor, as this Hulk looks like he has more of Rufallo's likeness. (The Merged in the comics sort of had a more human face, especially when Gary Frank started drawing him.) Plus, since he rarely changed into Banner, his clothes were intact most of the time...and this Hulk is likewise fully dressed, although it's in some kind of special suit which seems a bit reminiscent of the armor during the Waid run.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

After the last movie I don't trust anything in any of the trailers/material.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #227
    Cover Date: September 1978
    Sale Date: June 20th, 1978
    Writer: Roger Stern (assistance from Peter Gillis)
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Klaus Janson
    Letterer: John Costanza
    Colorist: Glynis Wein
    Editor: Bob Hall

“The Monster’s Analyst!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Doc Samson, Jim Wilson, Clay Quartermain, Spad McCracken, mental visions of the Avengers.
    Synopsis: The Hulk is somberly lying on a concrete couch, with Doc Samson assuring him that everyone is here to help him. A quick flashback catches us up to speed and we see Samson and the Hulk delve into his subconscious via some mental headband. We also see some flashbacks of Banner’s childhood and then taken to the gamma bomb explosion. Suddenly, the original Avengers arrive to help Rick, Banner and Samson, and the Hulk easily takes care of them. After a brief lucid moment, the session ends when Banner and the Hulk collide mentally, breaking off the connection. We then learn that the dose of gamma epinephrine is going to keep Banner as the Hulk for at least a week.

Commentary: Well, that may be in Marvel time, but it’s almost a year before we see Bruce Banner again. Credit should be given to Roger Stern for establishing that the Hulk is a separate personality...but he never really expanded upon it during his tenure.

So at the end of the latest issue of Immortal, the exchange between Hulk and Banner and the narration saying that he had been there since the beginning. Is that a direct acknowledgment that this Hulk persona is from the original 6 issues where Hulk turns at night, like this title ? Is that the writer saying that this ‘Devil Hulk’ is the very first incarnation ( albeit coloured differently) we ever saw ?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    So at the end of the latest issue of Immortal, the exchange between Hulk and Banner and the narration saying that he had been there since the beginning. Is that a direct acknowledgment that this Hulk persona is from the original 6 issues where Hulk turns at night, like this title ? Is that the writer saying that this ‘Devil Hulk’ is the very first incarnation ( albeit coloured differently) we ever saw ?
    No, this Hulk is saying that he was the first personality of Banner to develop to protect Bruce from his father's abuse

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    No, this Hulk is saying that he was the first personality of Banner to develop to protect Bruce from his father's abuse
    Right. I see. Thanks. So are the hulks, then, physical manifestations of Banner’s split personalities ? And the Gamma Energy/Magic via the Green Door just the catalyst for these manifestations?

Right. I see. Thanks. So are the hulks, then, physical manifestations of Banner’s split personalities ? And the Gamma Energy/Magic via the Green Door just the catalyst for these manifestations?
    Probably. But maybe there's something more complex that we haven't seen so far. I believe IH #15 will answer a lot of questions about this subject.

Immortal Hulk #15 preview art, now with inks by Ruy José:

Ultimate Member

Gamma manifestations are a reflection of the person's mind, in general yes.

The full story/meta physics hasn't been revealed, but I suspect that gamma is simply a conduct for the Green Door, much like how Dr. Strange's mystic training allows him to channel other forces.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Gamma manifestations are a reflection of the person's mind, in general yes.

The full story/meta physics hasn't been revealed, but I suspect that gamma is simply a conduct for the Green Door, much like how Dr. Strange's mystic training allows him to channel other forces.
    I think Puck mentioned that Gamma mutates are "metaphor people" so each one is the physical representation of a concept.