Page 125 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2556
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of cool how Alex shows the physical differences between Savage and Devil here. Savage seems to be often-and this includes Bennett-be drawn as pretty much 60's style, which is pretty much a Green grey Hulk (large brows, not a lot of hair), but for most of his time-mainly from the 70's onward including a lot of Sal Buscema's work) he seemed to have a lot more hair and a far less prominent brow. Other Green Hulks seem to have the 60's look, including Immortal and Mike Deodato's version, but sometimes Savage looks more distinct than that. Although I'm pretty sure Green scar was shown with longer hair a good chunk of the time, and Romita Jr. also seemed to draw Professor hulk as Savage Hulk with a tank top.

It's something that kind of bugs me a bit about some of the figures too; for "Grey Hulk" they pretty much just color the Savage hulk grey and with blue pants, without any physical difference.
    Ross shows great detail with the Hulk's muscles and veins as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    And here it goes!

Immortal Hulk #23 preview

https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-ja...-origin-story/

Like the nod to the TV show intro there..."The creature is driven by rage" (Which is also the line right before "...and pursued by an investigative reporter"....).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

Cant wait for tomorrows issue.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Cant wait for tomorrows issue.
    Same. I hope TOBA actually appears and it isn't just cover click-bait lol.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I guess He will, and it won't be good for Fortean!

IMMORTAL HULK and the History of Comic Horror

https://comicbookdebate.com/2019/09/...-comic-horror/

Brilliant article about this incredible book.

I'm not quite sure Jackee will survive this issue either, and that the female scientist might take her place as the new main supporting character who's an outsider to the current Hulk "Family".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm not quite sure Jackee will survive this issue either, and that the female scientist might take her place as the new main supporting character who's an outsider to the current Hulk "Family".
    Why did they bring her along?

I guess this version of Hulk would if she asked, but this seems overly dangerous.

Fantastic Member

Yea Jackie seems very out of place here. I mean in this fight, when i saw Betty carrying her along i was like wtf? That felt so weird, it's like bringing your child to a gun fight, you are just asking for trouble.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Why did they bring her along?

I guess this version of Hulk would if she asked, but this seems overly dangerous.
    She is aware of criminal abuses by a black ops government agency. On her own, chances are she would catch a bullet. So they have her where they can keep an eye on her. After the preview. Rick's probably just gonna tell her to go hide

Yeah, she wouldn't survive on her own.

Never pull the same trick twice Reggie.

Fantastic Member

There's never a plan for the Hulk.

So true.

Fantastic Member

I wonder if i am the only one feeling a bit underwhelmed by this issue? Don't get me wrong it was still a good issue. But i was expecting to see some things we unfortunately never got to see here. I was hoping to see more from TOBA and i was hoping the action would be a bit more entertaining. I think so far that's Al's weakest point, all of the fights are poorly choreographed, they feel underwhelming and are over way too quickly. I know his focus is more on horror and everything but that doesn't mean that we can't get an epic showdown every now and then especially when it's hyped up a lot.

I dunno i feel like Immortal Hulk is losing it's steam for me, issue 25 is probably gonna revitalize the series since it's going to be so different and unpredictable, but everything else seems very par for the course, it doesn't have the same feeling as the series had on the start, i feel like we are getting a bit repetitive.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    I wonder if i am the only one feeling a bit underwhelmed by this issue? Don't get me wrong it was still a good issue. But i was expecting to see some things we unfortunately never got to see here. I was hoping to see more from TOBA and i was hoping the action would be a bit more entertaining. I think so far that's Al's weakest point, all of the fights are poorly choreographed, they feel underwhelming and are over way too quickly. I know his focus is more on horror and everything but that doesn't mean that we can't get an epic showdown every now and then especially when it's hyped up a lot.

I dunno i feel like Immortal Hulk is losing it's steam for me, issue 25 is probably gonna revitalize the series since it's going to be so different and unpredictable, but everything else seems very par for the course, it doesn't have the same feeling as the series had on the start, i feel like we are getting a bit repetitive.
    I'm also disappointed TOBA was absent, but this issue was better than the past 5 or so for me. The awesome team dynamic of Gamma Flight was fantastic, and Titania + Creel combo was ace not to mention how much of a badass Puck is. I also liked how Hulk called Fortean out as a "discount" General Ross/Abomination as a sorta snide meta-joke. Jackie's dialog was kinda "alright" for me, but it was pretty wholesome getting some inner-dialog from her; honestly, I think she's very underrated in the run. It's extremely rare in Marvel to get the perspective a civilian in the midst of superhero-ing.

Overall, this was a very action-packed book. Ewing has gone on record as being anti-powerlevels so I wouldn't wait for any 10/10 fighting choreography that doesn't suit the plot-- I recommend perhaps taking a break until, like, the middle of act of Act 3 and see if it captures your interest again.
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 09-04-2019 at 07:56 AM.