Page 126 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2556
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I'm also disappointed TOBA was absent, but this issue was better than the past 5 or so for me. The awesome team dynamic of Gamma Flight was fantastic, and Titania + Creel combo was ace not to mention how much of a badass Puck is. I also liked how Hulk called Fortean out as a "discount" General Ross/Abomination as a sorta snide meta-joke. Jackie's dialog was kinda "alright" for me, but it was pretty wholesome getting some inner-dialog from her; honestly, I think she's very underrated in the run. It's extremely rare in Marvel to get the perspective a civilian in the midst of superhero-ing.

Overall, this was a very action-packed book. Ewing has gone on record as being anti-powerlevels so I wouldn't wait for any 10/10 fighting choreography that doesn't suit the plot-- I recommended perhaps taking a break until, like, the middle of act of Act 3 and see if it captures your interest again.
    Yea i should also say that the last few issues before this one, were not all that interesting to me either. I enjoyed how everyone was portrayed in the issue but like i said the action was lacking for me. I know Al has said he isn't all that interested in power levels and he isn't the greatest when it comes to action and would focus more on horror but in reality you can't have a Hulk comic with at least some decent smashing every once in a while. It's pretty much essential for any Hulk series. As it stands what should be 2 walking, talking behemoths fighting feels more like 2 random guys fighting with a lot of gore mixed into it, there really isn't much of a "punch" behind all the action. For me the highlight is Rick, i like that he retained his sense of humor but more importantly i am interested in what the hell Al is actually doing with him right now, like how do his powers work at the moment, he looks nothing like A-bomb, he can fly and melt stuff with energy, he feels more like back in the day when he was Captain Mar-vell.

Not so much for me, i actually don't think Hulk or Fortean threw even a single punch at each other so far and already the fight is about the end early into the next issue, kinda sucks tbh. I am probably going to do just that, after issue 25 which is something i am looking forward to immensely. I am gonna take a break from the next arc which doesn't interest me much and wait for when it finishes, hopefully the arc after that will be more interesting and entertaining, we might even get Leader right after the Roxxon arc hopefully.

Fantastic Member

I agree it can feel like padding/writing for the tpb.. the double shipping helps with that somewhat.

At least this issue has a few "moments".. I think the problem is the extended cast so it can feel like he's guest starring in his own book... and when the main character has so many personalities ut can be even worse.

Early issues were self contained (relatively) so I can see the reaction. Also the Hulk in Hell arc had a new/clear arc while the Fortean arc is a play on the usual Hulk vs Army cliche which is boring for a lot of people.

25 should revitalize things I hope.. wonder why it was cut from multi issue to one issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    I agree it can feel like padding/writing for the tpb.. the double shipping helps with that somewhat.

At least this issue has a few "moments".. I think the problem is the extended cast so it can feel like he's guest starring in his own book... and when the main character has so many personalities ut can be even worse.

Early issues were self contained (relatively) so I can see the reaction. Also the Hulk in Hell arc had a new/clear arc while the Fortean arc is a play on the usual Hulk vs Army cliche which is boring for a lot of people.

25 should revitalize things I hope.. wonder why it was cut from multi issue to one issue though.
    My guess is Marvel wasn't too keen on a five issue aside.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post

It's gonna get worse for those particular people because the next 13-15 issues is gonna be basically Hulk Nation with 5-6 main casts and probably several antagonists.

Fantastic Member

Btw we know got another character for the future prediction down.

The Horseman of war in Nightmare armor - Fortean

The Beast of Myth - Dario Agger

The thing in the Tube - Delbert Frye

Also the Iron throne is the throne Hulk will sit on after he beats Fortean, not sure what his "awful decision" will be. The "Hulk that was" i am also not sure yet who that is referring to as well as the thoughtful man. Still a few mysteries to solve.

My personal guess is the Hulk that Was is either referring to a previous universe's Hulk, the Starbrand 1,000,000 BC or the Viking Hulk from Aaron's Thor.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    My personal guess is the Hulk that Was is either referring to a previous universe's Hulk, the Starbrand 1,000,000 BC or the Viking Hulk from Aaron's Thor.
    I really hope it's not Starbrand 1 000 000 BC or that Viking Hulk. We are already gonna see Dario Agger take center stage in the upcoming i really don't want another Aaron creation being the focus of the book...

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Btw we know got another character for the future prediction down.

The Horseman of war in Nightmare armor - Fortean

The Beast of Myth - Dario Agger

The thing in the Tube - Delbert Frye

Also the Iron throne is the throne Hulk will sit on after he beats Fortean, not sure what his "awful decision" will be. The "Hulk that was" i am also not sure yet who that is referring to as well as the thoughtful man. Still a few mysteries to solve.
    I assumed the Horseman of War was going to be one of Bruce Banner's Hulks. The same incarnation from the Peter David story or possibly another.

The Hulk that was, I assume will be Devil Hulk.

I really hope it's not Starbrand 1 000 000 BC or that Viking Hulk. We are already gonna see Dario Agger take center stage in the upcoming i really don't want another Aaron creation being the focus of the book...
    ...What if Hulk kills all three?

Viking Hulk is a trash concept. It's Riastrad or nothing. No Hulk should ever be subservient to Asgard.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I assumed the Horseman of War was going to be one of Bruce Banner's Hulks. The same incarnation from the Peter David story or possibly another.

The Hulk that was, I assume will be Devil Hulk.
    No, the Horseman of War in the Nightmare armor ended up being Fortean. He is a military man going to war with Hulk and the Abomination body is the nightmare armor he is wearing.

Why would Devil Hulk be the Hulk that was when he is the Hulk that currently is?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

Viking Hulk is a trash concept. It's Riastrad or nothing. No Hulk should ever be subservient to Asgard.
    I wish, i dunno why but Aaron has some weird obsession with trying to put Hulk under Thor. He did in in those Secret Wars tie-ins when he had each Thor joke around how many Hulks they beat, he had Thor say Dario Agger has the strength of Hulk only to proceed to one-shot him with his fist, he had Thor carry a specifically called Hulk-smasher, Viking Hulk also, etc... probably a few more examples i can't remember. I don't get the obsession it's like Aaron is carrying some chip on his shoulder or something.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Some glowing reviews for Immortal Hulk #23!

Beyond the Panel (8.5/10)

Immortal Hulk #23 so far is everything you could have wanted from these two forces clashing. It has all come down to this moment, and even now this creative team has not failed to throw surprises at us. When playing for keeps like this? You can bet that a couple of things will turn your stomach to make the point that this isn’t your average hero versus villain scenario.

https://beyondthepanel.net/2019/09/0...ortal-hulk-23/

Comics the Gathering
    (9/10)

Immortal Hulk #23 serves up a beast of a Round One in this climactic fight issue. It pushes the envelope even more than usual, tap-dancing on the line between moving horror and Grand Guignol gore. Though a few steps go over the edge, the overall dance remains engrossing and, as ever, gorgeously illustrated. We couldn't possibly look away.

https://www.comicsthegathering.com/r...hulk-23-review

Comicbook Legion (10/10)

Immortal Hulk is one of my favorite ongoing horror books and continues to be a great super hero comic. Easily the most consistent comic books on shelves, each and every issue is firing on all cylinders.

https://comicbooklegion.com/index.ph...ulk-23-review/

Comicbook.com (10/10)

The Immortal Hulk #22 promised #23 to be the big showdown of the series thus far, including almost every gamma-irradiated character in Marvel Comics and plenty of other heavies. This issue (heck, this entire series) never disappoints. Layouts deliver a perfectly-paced battle with ample subplots moving through the central showdown between Hulk and the new Abomination. Panel size is used to superb effect in delivering impact, and each splash lands like a sledgehammer. This issue even transforms Puck into the coolest Canadians since Wolverine arrived. Perhaps what’s most impressive in The Immortal Hulk #23 is that, despite being a seemingly perfect issue of superhero action and horror, it still promises #24 will be even more impressive. I can’t wait.

https://comicbook.com/comics/2019/09...arvel-image/#3

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

Viking Hulk is lame. But he is not subservient to Asgard. It's the opposite. He trashed thor, for example.

No, the Horseman of War in the Nightmare armor ended up being Fortean. He is a military man going to war with Hulk and the Abomination body is the nightmare armor he is wearing.

Why would Devil Hulk be the Hulk that was when he is the Hulk that currently is?
    I don't know where it's clear that the Horseman of war is Fortean, so I'll wait for more info.

As far as Devil Hulk being the Hulk that was, the statement made by the glowing figure, TOAA?, was future tense. Things yet to happen.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I don't know where it's clear that the Horseman of war is Fortean, so I'll wait for more info.

As far as Devil Hulk being the Hulk that was, the statement made by the glowing figure, TOAA?, was future tense. Things yet to happen.
    It's the Horseman of War in his Nightmare Armour. It's Fortean.