Page 134 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2556

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    I won't lie. I love issue 23 but the only thing missing is the action. I'm not sure if Al Ewing sucks in Action battle. I want to feel the impact of his punch when punching monsters and stuff like that. When he was fighting the new abomination, it felt like a street level fight. Maybe the next issue will be a great fight. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I agree. Ewing writes the Hulk brilliantly, but his action scenes leave something to be desired for me. Hulk's fights with the new Abomination's have been somewhat underwhelming.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Where is the cover for #28? I don't see it posted anywhere.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Where is the cover for #28? I don't see it posted anywhere.
    It's posted 2 pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I agree. Ewing writes the Hulk brilliantly, but his action scenes leave something to be desired for me. Hulk's fights with the new Abomination's have been somewhat underwhelming.
    Hoping next issue really steps it up.

Vs Sasquatch, vs the Avengers, and vs Redsorbing Man were all pretty good.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #272
    “Weirdsong of the Wendigo!”

Cover Date: June 1982
    Sale Date: March 9th, 1982
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen

Editor: Al Milgrom

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Ross, Rick Jones, Bereet, Sasquatch,
    Villain: Wendigo

Synopsis: A rapidly-transforming Hulk/Bruce Banner has arrived on Earth, landing in the woods in northern Canada. He clearly recalls the events that occurred in the Keystone Quadrant with Rocket Raccoon, which seems unusual. He staggers to a nearby cabin for shelter from the elements. Nearby, Walter Langkowski is on a mission to find the murderous mystical creature Wendigo, who had recently killed. Back in New Mexico, we get another quick update on the irradiated Rick Jones, Betty Ross and Bereet. Shift back to Canada and Bruce Banner. He’s arrived at the cabin, found a working flashlight – along with the bones of several people. Turns out it’s the food locker for the Wendigo. Before he can be eaten, Sasquatch arrives to save the day. He recognizes Banner and this small lapse of concentration allows Wendigo to gain the upper hand. In all the excitement, Banner has yet to transform into the Hulk – just when he needs it the most! He deduces that with all the radiation treatments he’s been subjected to over the last few weeks, it’s possible he’s been cured. Sasquatch is now being overwhelmed by Wendigo and Banner forces the transformation – with his mind in control of the Hulk’s body. Together, they tackle the Wendigo and overpower him…leaving Sasquatch to wonder whether or not the world needs to worry about an intelligent Hulk.

Commentary: This is it, the payoff to what was started in #269, or even further back a couple issues. Excessive gamma radiation has now given Banner’s persona to maintain control over the Hulk – and it won’t be reversed for a LONG TIME. Maybe in Marvel time, a month? (I think that’s what Sabra stated ten years later in #387) But this is going to be a two-year story in real life. Mantlo said later that he’d gotten tired of doing the Savage Hulk stories, and wanted to do something different. Milgrom said go for it, and voila. Start of the BIC (Banner-in-Control) era. Sal art is also going to get a facelift as well by getting a full-time inker.

I find it kind of funny how some of the old stories had Banner use MORE Gamma radiation to turn back from the Hulk to Banner, or had some side effect, whereas now it's pretty well established that it's the other way around (and whenever Bruce is "cured" it's usually because he's low on radiation).

I think Peter David kind of retconned this pretty much right out of the gate by stating it was mainly Hulk's subconscious tricking him into getting even more radiation.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

That makes a bit of sense. But the increase of Gamma would've likely made the Hulk psyche unstable and there wasn't a (noticeable) increase of strength or somesuch during those events.

Preview of Immortal Hulk #25, I can't believe no one posted this yet.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-a-bigger-book
    It's going to be a whole new world for the Hulk next month when IMMORTAL HULK goes to realms beyond this Marvel Universe! In IMMORTAL HULK #25 -- on sale Wednesday, October 23 -- writer Al Ewing and the artistic team of Germán García and colorist Chris O’Halloran (plus penciler Joe Bennett, inker Ruy Jose, and colorist Paul Mounts on a two-page epilogue) are taking readers to the next iteration of reality: the Ninth Cosmos. It's a brand new era of the Marvel Universe with a different kind of inhabitant. It's such a big shift in Hulk's story that it's all going down in a special double-size issue -- 40 pages of what Ewing describes as "intense, ethereal, and flat-out gorgeous sci-fi and horror."

Editor Wil Moss explained: "IMMORTAL HULK #25 is set way in the future. The current Marvel Universe -- which is actually the eighth iteration of reality/the cosmos, so it’s known as the Eighth Cosmos -- has ended, and this story takes place in the Ninth Cosmos. Everything about the Ninth Cosmos is different from the Marvel Universe we know, as you can see from the character featured in these preview pages
    wing also offered up a preview of what's to come in IMMORTAL HULK #25, including what has become of the Jade Giant: "[This issue] is your first glimpse of Marvel's Ninth Cosmos -- the multiverse that is to come after the death of the current one. It's 40 story pages of intense, ethereal, and flat-out gorgeous sci-fi and horror that's so far outside normal business that we can only show you a glimpse and ask you to take the ride with us."

Fantastic Member

This is mindblowing.

Ewing continued: "What we're not showing you -- just yet -- is what the Hulk has become, after billions of years of immortality. What would a Hulk that survived the death of a multiverse be like? What would he do -- and could anyone or anything stop him doing it?"

Damn...

We're not done yet, boys. Immortal Hulk #24 preview.

Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 09-26-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Absolute Carnage: Immortal Hulk #1 preview's here as well.

ABSCARNIH2019001Preview-3.jpg
    ABSCARNIH2019001Preview-4.jpg
    ABSCARNIH2019001Preview-5.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images

Fantastic Member

Goddamn, everything looks so great.... I can't wait to read all of this.

Like a man leaving the desert.