Page 142 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2556

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I must admit, as good as the book is...the first ark (1-13) was a lot better than the Shadow-Base ark (14-24)

Hulk seems to win everything a little too easily, never seems like he is out his depth/needs to overcome something.
    Im looking forward to #25, but also hope we delve into the supernatural side more again by revisiting the one below all.
    Eh. Hulk fails to stop TOBA from using Absorbing Man to open the Green Door, is only able to temporarily disperse a manifestation of the TOBA long enough to escape, and needed Creel to help him with that.

Sol's Hammer put him down, Rickbomination+Harpy killed him, and he walked straight into the trap at the old gammabase.

Hulk's managed to pull through all this because he can't be put down, but those are setbacks and outright losses he had to come back from. Even needing to be bailed out twice.

Edit: For comparison, the Green Scar would have steamrolled through everything, except for possibly the TOBA stuff with ease, and had no trouble with UV radiation.

Devil Hulk only really has ruthlessness, gamma drain, and intuition going for him. Even the immortal nature of the character has been implied for decades at this point.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 10-07-2019 at 03:34 PM.

All-New Member

On a fun note, I think there needs to be a death counter for how many times Bruce has died since Ewing has written him. It would be interesting to see how many deaths Bruce has suffered since he let Devil out of his prison.

Seemed to be a lot more commonplace in the earlier issues. We've definitely seen Savage suffer a lot recently though.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I find it funny that before this run, Hulk never had a problem with dying. He's come close, obviously, but he pretty much dies in every issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I find it funny that before this run, Hulk never had a problem with dying. He's come close, obviously, but he pretty much dies in every issue here.
    That's like when he got a healing factor. Before it was hard to injure him. After, everybody could stab him like his skin was butter.

Heh, now that the X-Men can't die, I expect them to actually die a lot too.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Eh. Hulk fails to stop TOBA from using Absorbing Man to open the Green Door, is only able to temporarily disperse a manifestation of the TOBA long enough to escape, and needed Creel to help him with that.

Sol's Hammer put him down, Rickbomination+Harpy killed him, and he walked straight into the trap at the old gammabase.

Hulk's managed to pull through all this because he can't be put down, but those are setbacks and outright losses he had to come back from. Even needing to be bailed out twice.

Edit: For comparison, the Green Scar would have steamrolled through everything, except for possibly the TOBA stuff with ease, and had no trouble with UV radiation.

Devil Hulk only really has ruthlessness, gamma drain, and intuition going for him. Even the immortal nature of the character has been implied for decades at this point.
    Have you forgotten he took an anti regenerative acid to the face? he even ignored the damage. If world war hulk was in the same position, he will do the same. He was even repeatedly doused with acid that devitalizes his tissues and prevents regeneration, fully destroying his arms and eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    Have you forgotten he took an anti regenerative acid to the face? he even ignored the damage. If world war hulk was in the same position, he will do the same. He was even repeatedly doused with acid that devitalizes his tissues and prevents regeneration, fully destroying his arms and eyes
    The acid would be a problem the first time prior to him knowing about it true. Though since Hulk is immortal as a whole, not just Devil, he should still come back.

I stand by the sentiment that this series isn't just Hulk stomping everything effortlessly, no is it taking Hulk to heights of raw power he's never been to before (discounting far future portions of course). If anything he's got his ass kicked more regularly then normal.

It's his ability to recover and self revive that's been enhanced.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Apparently Edward Norton wanted a Hulk movie more in line with Dark Knight. What's up with that

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

This came out today and I just found out. Anyone have an idea what it's about?

Edit: Nevermind. This is just a collected re-released by Marvel as Hulk: Incredible Origins for new readers. It also has Immortal Hulk #1, interestingly.
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 10-09-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Apparently Edward Norton wanted a Hulk movie more in line with Dark Knight. What's up with that
    Yeah, not really sure how that would work. Maybe if the Hulk were like Solomon Grundy to a Batman-like character or something?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Guessing he wanted it to be more in line tone wise than anything else, similar to how Man of Steel tried to copy the TDK trilogy’s tone. It’s pretty much impossible to do a “realistic” Hulk movie, but a darker one is perfectly doable. Ruffalo Hulk is a little too happy for me personally.

he wanted it to be more tonally like the Dark knight and described as "long, dark and serious".

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...interview.html

I imagine that he would've wanted to portray the Hulk/Banner as more of a tragic figure. His movie was already kind of half way there. Looking back, it's probably the MCU's darkest movie.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guessing he wanted it to be more in line tone wise than anything else, similar to how Man of Steel tried to copy the TDK trilogy’s tone. It’s pretty much impossible to do a “realistic” Hulk movie, but a darker one is perfectly doable. Ruffalo Hulk is a little too happy for me personally.
    So there have never been any story details like the Leader being back or Banner being suicidal? Just wondering in general and why this has surfaced now.

So there have never been any story details like the Leader being back or Banner being suicidal? Just wondering in general and why this has surfaced now.
    I don't think there were ever any plans for the Leader. In fact I think he was mentioned as being arrested by Shield in either a MCU tie-in comic or One Shot (Don't quote me on that).