Page 148 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2556
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Well, that was something.

BANNED

Someone needs to ask Al why didn't the Marvel abstracts prevent this from happening? What about TOAA? Did they all get killed by TOBA too? Is Hulk actually some creation of TOBA himself? Is he really the Devils son as Brian Banner told him? Can this future actually be prevented or is it inevitable? There are so many questions....

So in Hickman's X-Men we have Moira being revealed as a mutant, and in her 9th life she uses information they gathered in that future to stop Nimrod from being created, essentially using info from the future to change the past, most of the other lives did something similar, but it was that one and the 6th that were used specifically to gather info.

Now Immortal Hulk is doing basically the same thing in the same year? Only a few months later? Talk about coincidences lol.

Wonder if any other comic is using this too, 616 is a doomed place to need so much information time traveling
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-23-2019 at 06:15 AM.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Someone needs to ask Al why didn't the Marvel abstracts prevent this from happening? What about TOAA? Did they all get killed by TOBA too? Is Hulk actually some creation of TOBA himself? Is he really the Devils son as Brian Banner told him? Can this future actually be prevented or is it inevitable? There are so many questions....
    To try to answer your first couple of questions, it's high likely that the Breaker of Worlds killed all the cosmic entities, or at least the ones that were willing to act so the multiverse is basically a corpse. Also Ewing said TOAA makes an appearance in the future so we'll probably see an answer to why he didn't act. Remember, 9th Cosmos TOBA is "all-powerful" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I need some help, is the Devil Hulk being influenced by The One Below All?

Because it's becoming increasingly clear that this Hulk isn't at all a hero and is quite different from the previous ones.
    Basically, TOBA destroyed/stole Bruce's soul and is using the Hulk's body as the perfect vessel to kill and hate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    To try to answer your first couple of questions, it's high likely that the Breaker of Worlds killed all the cosmic entities, or at least the ones that were willing to act so the multiverse is basically a corpse. Also Ewing said TOAA makes an appearance in the future so we'll probably see an answer to why he didn't act. Remember, 9th Cosmos TOBA is "all-powerful" as well.

Basically, TOBA destroyed/stole Bruce's soul and is using the Hulk's body as the perfect vessel to kill and hate.
    Thanks!

Did this take place when they were all in hell or sometime after?

Because I actually thought after that arc Hulk left TOBA in hell or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So in Hickman's X-Men we have Moira being revealed as a mutant, and in her 9th life she uses information they gathered in that future to stop Nimrod from being created, essentially using info from the future to change the past, most of the other lives did something similar, but it was that one and the 6th that were used specifically to gather info.

Now Immortal Hulk is doing basically the same thing in the same year? Only a few months later? Talk about coincidences lol.

Wonder if any other comic is using this too, 616 is a doomed place to need so much information time traveling
    Similar, they send information 10 billion years into the past to prevent all of this but it doesn't seem like anything is prevented, it seems like this is the inevitable future of the Marvel cosmos.

Also the idea of sending information into the past to prevent a future from happening is an old trope, the most popular iteration of it are probably the Terminator movies. Although it's a funny coincidence that Hickman and Ewing used it in the same year, i don't think they planned on it. And to Al's credit he did say the pitch for Immortal Hulk 25 happened back in June of 2018.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    To try to answer your first couple of questions, it's high likely that the Breaker of Worlds killed all the cosmic entities, or at least the ones that were willing to act so the multiverse is basically a corpse. Also Ewing said TOAA makes an appearance in the future so we'll probably see an answer to why he didn't act. Remember, 9th Cosmos TOBA is "all-powerful" as well. .
    I know but i want to see what Al has to say about it. Yea TOAA does make an appearance, i asked Ewing about it and he answered it in that video, it's interesting because Al views TOAA as someone who doesn't act, so i wonder if he doesn't act here either or if TOBA is the only one that forces him to act out.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So did I read right that this will be a 50-issue run?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    So did I read right that this will be a 50-issue run?
    Yea both him and Joe have implied this run will be around 50 issues long, so we just hit the half point.

Similar, they send information 10 billion years into the past to prevent all of this but it doesn't seem like anything is prevented, it seems like this is the inevitable future of the Marvel cosmos
    Well, the whole universe is going to die, that'll happen eventually, the question is whether or not TOBA will be the one doing it, specially since if he does it, the next universe probably won't be born.

Also the idea of sending information into the past to prevent a future from happening is an old trope, the most popular iteration of it are probably the Terminator movies. Although it's a funny coincidence that Hickman and Ewing used it in the same year, i don't think they planned on it. And to Al's credit he did say the pitch for Immortal Hulk 25 happened back in June of 2018.
    I know it's an old trope, but it's not something that tends to be used that much in comics, but then we have Hickman and Ewing using it so close to each other, so weird lol.

Something similar happened in DC Rebirth years ago, with Supes getting possessed 3 times, twice in Trinity, first by Mongul (Via Black Orchid), and another by some demon, and the last one by Parallax in Action Comics, all of this in like, within maybe 6 months of each other, and Supes doesn't tend to get possessed much, but when he does, happens 3 times, with two different writers, so close to each other lol.

BANNED

Well, the whole universe is going to die, that'll happen eventually, the question is whether or not TOBA will be the one doing it, specially since if he does it, the next universe probably won't be born.
    I don't think there will be any more universes after the 9th, this seems to be the final universe and TOBA is responsible for it.

I know it's an old trope, but it's not something that tends to be used that much in comics, but then we have Hickman and Ewing using it so close to each other, so weird lol.

Something similar happened in DC Rebirth years ago, with Supes getting possessed 3 times, twice in Trinity, first by Mongul (Via Black Orchid), and another by some demon, and the last one by Parallax in Action Comics, all of this in like, within maybe 6 months of each other, and Supes doesn't tend to get possessed much, but when he does, happens 3 times, with two different writers, so close to each other lol.
    Yea it all depends on the execution, i think what Al has done with it is brilliant, we just have to see where this leads from here, since we know Leader is definitely gonna try to use this information for his own benefit.

I don't think there will be any more universes after the 9th, this seems to be the final universe and TOBA is responsible for it.
    That seems to be the case, considering the Sentience of the Cosmos wasn't around to designate the next Galactus.

I'm really liking how much symbolism Ewing has wrung out the classic definition of Hulk, a derelict, empty ship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    That seems to be the case, considering the Sentience of the Cosmos wasn't around to designate the next Galactus.

I'm really liking how much symbolism Ewing has wrung out the classic definition of Hulk, a derelict, empty ship.
    Oh yea i am absolutely loving all the metaphors. As well as all the throwbacks to other Hulk stuff, like for instance i noticed one of the aliens say "it will never stop making us pay", which was actually a line Hulk used to say in Planet Hulk "never stop making them pay" which ended up blowing up in his face because Miek took it too literally and exploded the ship that killed Caiera, just so he could send Hulk on a rampage.

I just love all these little nods at past Hulk runs as well as all the symbolism behind things, it's such a well thought out series.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yea both him and Joe have implied this run will be around 50 issues long, so we just hit the half point.
    Brilliant. It’s nice knowing there is a plan and even better knowing it won’t overstay it’s welcomeS

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Brilliant. It’s nice knowing there is a plan and even better knowing it won’t overstay it’s welcomeS
    And that they'll be able to complete the plan, thanks to the sales. That's a relief.

I know it's an old trope, but it's not something that tends to be used that much in comics, but then we have Hickman and Ewing using it so close to each other, so weird lol
    It feels like the X-Men have been using it non-stop since DOFP in 1981.