Page 158 of 171 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2556

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    With the unfortunate passing of his son I assume he will take some time off (it's necessary). I think Lee would be good as a guest but like Kyle Holtz, I think his use of shadows can distract from the story telling (imo), though I think his cover work is some of the best in the business.
    If Marvel could pull Sorrentino away from Lemire he’d be great as well. Love the images he did for Superman a while back:
    https://twitter.com/and_sorrentino/s...275660800?s=21

And his Gideon Falls interiors are great too.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I'm sure everyone has their own take on the politics of this issue, but can we take a moment to appropriate how well Ewing handled the tone and pacing of it? It's great. Also, I find it funny how Namor is siding with the Hulk rather than his fellow mutants. I'm gonna guess he sees the true conviction Bruce has for his goals.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    With the unfortunate passing of his son I assume he will take some time off (it's necessary). I think Lee would be good as a guest but like Kyle Holtz, I think his use of shadows can distract from the story telling (imo), though I think his cover work is some of the best in the business.
    Bennett's son passed? Is that what you're saying? My God, how sad. I hadn't read anything about that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I'm sure everyone has their own take on the politics of this issue, but can we take a moment to appropriate how well Ewing handled the tone and pacing of it? It's great. Also, I find it funny how Namor is siding with the Hulk rather than his fellow mutants. I'm gonna guess he sees the true conviction Bruce has for his goals.
    Today's issue was damn good, one of my favorites of the run so far. Ewing wrote the hell out of this one.

Replacing Joe Bennett full-time seems like an impossible task to me. He's the soul of the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I think the writing is still great even though i don't agree 100% with Al and his politics, Al is a bit too SJW for me from what i have seen in his personal life. He is actually a very nice guy when you talk to him at least on twitter which is why it was shocking when i once saw him retweet someone saying we should guillotine all the rich... i mean that's a bit much for me... I am not a fan of the rich but i wouldn't exactly be sharpening the guillotines any time soon. And his hatred for the rich and capitalism really shows here.

-------------

Also for anyone being worried, Joe Bennet is not off the book permanently, he is literally off the book for 1 single issue, we have already had this happen before the only difference is this one wasn't planned, it's because his son died so he took a couple of weeks off and in the mean time instead of delaying the book they just went with a different artist for the issue. If you currently go to Joe Bennets facebook page he is already uploading new Hulk images he is drawing for the book.

While politics in medium can be annoying, it's mostly because it's either poorly written, boring, or the writers have this believe that what they think is the ultimate solution, and the last one is a big deal, since it's very often arrogant and short sighted, and perhaps, delusional.

So for issues #26 of IH, it's not boring or poorly written, and while what Banner is saying may be what Ewing believes, Amadeus is used on it to basically say "What you believe may not work", and Banner doesn't have a counter for it, nor does he seem to have anything against Amadeus, but is still something he wants to try, so Ewing avoided the delusion, in this issue at least.

This issue is more of setting up what's going to happen next, those I usually only find to be okay, so it's a 5/10 for me.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I think the writing is still great even though i don't agree 100% with Al and his politics, Al is a bit too SJW for me from what i have seen in his personal life. He is actually a very nice guy when you talk to him at least on twitter which is why it was shocking when i once saw him retweet someone saying we should guillotine all the rich... i mean that's a bit much for me... I am not a fan of the rich but i wouldn't exactly be sharpening the guillotines any time soon. And his hatred for the rich and capitalism really shows here.

-------------

Also for anyone being worried, Joe Bennet is not off the book permanently, he is literally off the book for 1 single issue, we have already had this happen before the only difference is this one wasn't planned, it's because his son died so he took a couple of weeks off and in the mean time instead of delaying the book they just went with a different artist for the issue. If you currently go to Joe Bennets facebook page he is already uploading new Hulk images he is drawing for the book.

Guillotine the rich” seems to be a joke/meme saying rather than to be taken literally. ... ... Eat the rich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    Guillotine the rich” seems to be a joke/meme saying rather than to be taken literally. ... ... Eat the rich.

No the tweet he was retweeting was serious, trust me I checked, the account was from a literal tankie. In case you don't know who tankies are, they are basically comunists that excuse or outright deny the atrocities Soviet Union or Maos China has done.

It’s not looking too good for Green Scar and Professor spoilers:
    Cho pointing out that the two most “heroic” Hulks aren’t on board with Devil Hulk’s plans definitely set off alarm bells for me. Wonder if Devil Hulk locker then up or killed them?
    end of spoilers

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s not looking too good for Green Scar and Professor spoilers:
    Cho pointing out that the two most “heroic” Hulks aren’t on board with Devil Hulk’s plans definitely set off alarm bells for me. Wonder if Devil Hulk locker then up or killed them?
    end of spoilers
    Most likely just locked them up. Even the mindless rampaging Hulk that now resides in Devil's prison was something I believe Devil admitted he locked up as well. I don't necessarily think any of the other personas in Banner's mind can be killed even by Devil. They'll exist but not be actively partaking hence "Dormant". Who knows, maybe we'll see a glimpse of either of them while Ewing is still writing Hulk but quite unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by a2542 View Post
    Most likely just locked them up. Even the mindless rampaging Hulk that now resides in Devil's prison was something I believe Devil admitted he locked up as well. I don't necessarily think any of the other personas in Banner's mind can be killed even by Devil. They'll exist but not be actively partaking hence "Dormant". Who knows, maybe we'll see a glimpse of either of them while Ewing is still writing Hulk but quite unlikely.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if either one played a role in averting the dark future we saw in issue 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Marvel could pull Sorrentino away from Lemire he’d be great as well. Love the images he did for Superman a while back:
    https://twitter.com/and_sorrentino/s...275660800?s=21

And his Gideon Falls interiors are great too.
    I like Sorrentino but I want someone with that Wrightson feel but really good at doing the body contortions of Bennett. I really like the art of DZO (Olivier), someone in that style.

-------------

Cool to hear but I hope he takes the time that he needs.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Al is a bit too SJW for me from what i have seen in his personal life.
    No offense, bit it's ridiculous to use that term just because someone is liberal.

No the tweet he was retweeting was serious, trust me I checked
    I doubt that. It just sounds like you just assumed it was serious. People aren't serious when they say "eat the rich" for example.

Can you link to the tweet so we can judge for ourselves?
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 11-07-2019 at 02:45 AM.