Page 16 of 171 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Probably around 30-40 issues. Ewing has confirmed to have written up to #25 so far, but I dunno if he wants to be one Hulk forever.
    I just hope it's not going to result in another #1 relaunch if or when he leaves....

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #228
    Cover Date: October 1978
    Sale Date: July 18th, 1978
    Writer: Roger Stern and Peter Gillis
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Bob McCleod
    Letterer: Bruce Patterson
    Colorist: Phil Rache
    Editor: Bob Hall

“Bad Moon on the Rise!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Doc Samson, Jim Wilson, General Ross, Spad McCracken, Betty Talbot, Kropotkin.
    Villain: Moonstone
    Synopsis: We open to the Hulk man-handling a 6-ton press and nearly killing Jim Wilson (and maybe hurting Doc Samson). General Ross and Clay Quartermain are up above monitoring the situation and Ross seems especially temperamental about the situation. The Hulk climbs out of the wreckage and mistakenly believes that Samson has hurt Jim, but is quickly calmed down with some positive re-enforcement. Outside, Ross runs into Spad McCracken, eager to leave Gamma Base, and before he can ramble on about his military past, Spad points him in the direction of some press cameras setting up shop. Turns out that Kropotkin has started rumors about a 12-city tour with the Hulk to the press. Ross breaks it up, but not before the ugly meltdown is broadcast across the country and seen on TV…where his estranged daughter Betty is watching and contemplating her situation. Next door, a Dr. Carla Sofen has set up a meeting with Doc Samson and has volunteered her services to help rehabilitate the Hulk. We soon find out that her intentions are less than noble and while attempting to break Gammavator components, she runs into a restless Hulk who has wandered the hallways. She turns into Moonstone and the two exchange words and blows. Moonstone overplays her hand when she tells the Hulk that Jarella hated him. This sets off the brute and the final page shows the Hulk holding an unconscious Dr. Sofen and raging about how much of a monster he can be.

Commentary: Yeesh…when I first read this, I thought Moonstone was a b*tch. And no matter how many times I’ve re-read it, and read her appearances in Stern’s Avengers run…and Thunderbolts…she’s still a b*tch. McCleod meshes well with Sal’s pencils.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Probably around 30-40 issues. Ewing has confirmed to have written up to #25 so far, but I dunno if he wants to be one Hulk forever.
    Not really. He (and Bennett) have said they have really long plans for this book, and that they want to stay as long as marvel wants them to stay.

Solicitations from May 2019

IMMORTAL HULK #17

AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY HEYJIN IM

• Bruce Banner is trapped inside Shadow Base Site A —
    powerless and hunted by their top assassin.
    • He can’t run forever. He can’t change form. He can’t survive...without THE IMMORTAL HULK.
    • But not the one you think.

IMMORTAL HULK #18

MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY JONGJU KIM

• Shadow Base has declared total war on Bruce Banner — and one by one, death is touching everyone he ever knew...
    • ...except for one. The one monster who never dies — who returns, again and again, to hate and destroy.
    • But it’s not the IMMORTAL HULK

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Last edited by Immortal Hulk; 02-20-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Solicitations from May 2019

IMMORTAL HULK #17

MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY HEYJIN IM

• Bruce Banner is trapped inside Shadow Base Site A —
    powerless and hunted by their top assassin.
    • He can’t run forever. He can’t change form. He can’t survive...without THE IMMORTAL HULK.
    • But not the one you think.

IMMORTAL HULK #18

MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY JONGJU KIM

• Shadow Base has declared total war on Bruce Banner — and one by one, death is touching everyone he ever knew...
    • ...except for one. The one monster who never dies — who returns, again and again, to hate and destroy.
    • But it’s not the IMMORTAL HULK

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    the corridor is drawn to resemble an Alien/Xenomorph hive. I suspect this is on purpose, but why?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Sounds like TOBA might make a return?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    the corridor is drawn to resemble an Alien/Xenomorph hive. I suspect this is on purpose, but why?
    Good eye! It's totally on purpose. If you pay attention to Bennett's work in this book, there are a lot of references from 70s and 80s sci-fi/horror movies.

Bennett has referenced movies such as An America Werewolf in London, The Thing, The Fly, Robocop, and more to come (like Clash of Titans).

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Alex Ross and his crazy good covers strike again.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Issue 18...do you think they’re talking about The Abomination?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yup! And considering that Bennett has said he was coming back, I presumed it wouldn't take too long until he came back.

Immortal Hulk #1 Goes to Fourth Printing

Immortal Hulk has to be one of Marvel’s big hits of the past year. By Al Ewing and Joe Bennett, it has now gone back to the printing mills another time for a fourth printing of the first issue that took a monstrous superhero comic and turned it into a monster book instead…

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I hope so. I hope he comes back more powerful then before and acts as a serious threat to the Hulk as well as other Marvel heroes.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope so. I hope he comes back more powerful then before and acts as a serious threat to the Hulk as well as other Marvel heroes.
    Yeah, I hope that, kind of like in the past, his base strength is several times that of the Hulk. And maybe some new abilities too.

Bennett being more and more grotesque (and awesome)!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Knee jerk reaction?

Just something to ramp up the subtle on-going body horror.

Bushwacker growing things out of his body, etc. If the walls are "alive" it fits too.

#17 solicit suggests another incarnation and Ewing did say we'd see more of them..

#18 - I didn't know about Abomination's return.. can someone post a link? Brian was my first thought reading the solicit. He did return, however with Chaos War, and since Brian returned (and Ewing made it clear he read that series) it's not out of the realm of possibility. And it would make sense if Ewing is rebuilding the book bringing back staples like Betty, Rick, Brian, Samson.. all that's left is the Leader who Pak's using in Weapon H.