Page 17 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Knee jerk reaction?

Just something to ramp up the subtle on-going body horror.

Bushwacker growing things out of his body, etc. If the walls are "alive" it fits too.

#17 solicit suggests another incarnation and Ewing did say we'd see more of them..

#18 - I didn't know about Abomination's return.. can someone post a link? Brian was my first thought reading the solicit. He did return, however with Chaos War, and since Brian returned (and Ewing made it clear he read that series) it's not out of the realm of possibility. And it would make sense if Ewing is rebuilding the book bringing back staples like Betty, Rick, Brian, Samson.. all that's left is the Leader who Pak's using in Weapon H.
    Bennett said this on his facebook page:

Abominavel esta á caminho e com um novo design...So nao posso revelar ainda. (Abomination is on his way and with a new design... I just can't reveal it yet)

So havent been actively reading comic in years but I try to keep up on the state of things. Can someone please explain the state of the Hulk and how many of them there are to me lol. Bruce is back and now his dad is inside of him aswell and they are channeling the devil or soemthing because Hulk is the perfect avatar for the One below all or something? I'm lost just dont have time to keep up with e everything in my life. Try watching comics explained but his immortal hulk was hard for me to follow.

How many Hulks are there right now? Bruce,Jennifer, Skar, whatever weapon H is. Are Jones,Ross,Betty, Amadeous, and any other Hulks running around? Also saw Hulk has another child but he appears to have not gotten the Hulk Gene's from what I saw and looks like the mom. So lost if anyone has the time to catch me up I'd appreciate it. If not it's cool its alot

Most of the Hulk family were de-powered in the "Omega Hulk" / "Doc Green" storyline, where an intelligent incarnation (Created in the "Original sin" crossover) decided to de-power most of his fellow gamma beings. Jones was depowered first I think (He was killed off in "Secret Empire" hence why he's dead in the recent arc) then Skaar and Betty. For Ross it took a little longer but he was also depowered. Amadeus's powers were reduced recently.

He spared She-Hulk, but shortly thereafter in Civil War II she suffered physical and later emotional trauma which caused her to form new personas similar to her cousin, as well as a far bulkier Hulk form. She's currently in "Avengers".

Hulk was killed during another time where Banner was seemingly stuck in human form, having given his gamma radiation to Amadeus, by Hawkeye in Civil War II.

As for Bruce's current state, the Immortal/Devil Hulk persona surfaced after "Avengers No Surrender", where the Hulk came back to life and was revealed to pretty much be immortal. Although he pretty much started on the run (as a lot of people didn't know the Hulk was alive again), he seems to be re-settling into his old supporting cast/place in the Marvel Universe.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Most of the Hulk family were de-powered in the "Omega Hulk" / "Doc Green" storyline, where an intelligent incarnation (Created in the "Original sin" crossover) decided to de-power most of his fellow gamma beings. Jones was depowered first I think (He was killed off in "Secret Empire" hence why he's dead in the recent arc) then Skaar and Betty. For Ross it took a little longer but he was also depowered. Amadeus's powers were reduced recently.

He spared She-Hulk, but shortly thereafter in Civil War II she suffered physical and later emotional trauma which caused her to form new personas similar to her cousin, as well as a far bulkier Hulk form. She's currently in "Avengers".

Hulk was killed during another time where Banner was seemingly stuck in human form, having given his gamma radiation to Amadeus, by Hawkeye in Civil War II.

As for Bruce's current state, the Immortal/Devil Hulk persona surfaced after "Avengers No Surrender", where the Hulk came back to life and was revealed to pretty much be immortal. Although he pretty much started on the run (as a lot of people didn't know the Hulk was alive again), he seems to be re-settling into his old supporting cast/place in the Marvel Universe.
    Ok thanks, I have Marvel subscription but dont have time to really read and everythings behind on there. Why is Hulk so strong now I saw someone post a panel of him cracking thors Skull with one punch. Last question I swear lol

BANNED

I wonder who was implied in May's solicitation, sounds like someone classic, doesn't sound like OBA but it could be behind everything so
    Maybe Abomination?

For those who are interested. Hulk will be featured in my Marvel/DC series "Convergence Point" from chapter three onward -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point

If so inclined enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The Abomination also returned in Waid's run, (Shortly before the Doc Green stuff) but although his body was resurrected he was mindless.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Avengers: No Road Home has been off to a very solid start in the last 3 issues. I'm loving that the Hulk is one of the main characters and focus of the story. I'm also intrigued with what demand/deal he's made from Nightmare. I'm definitely looking forward to where this series will go. Cannot wait for Hulk to fight Nyx and her children!

Hulkverines #1 was very good. I loved how lethal, intelligent and cunning the Leader is. Both with his escape from Shadow Base and how he infected the Hulk with his gamma virus. Clay should count himself lucky that The Leader got involved, as it's obvious that a fight against the Immortal Hulk was one he wasn't going to win. It's kinda scary if you think about it. How Hulk was basically having fun and enjoying the fight. But when he got serious, he quickly overpowered and put Weapon H in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ok thanks, I have Marvel subscription but dont have time to really read and everythings behind on there. Why is Hulk so strong now I saw someone post a panel of him cracking thors Skull with one punch. Last question I swear lol
    Couple of different explanations for this. I don't think it's necessarily a question of strength though. The Green Scar/Worldbreaker had consistently greater feats than this version.

The bigger deal is that the Immortal Hulk is the most merciless version. Give him a reason and he will hurt you, crack your skull, break your spirit, mock your failings, strip you of your strength.

Basically, this Hulk has been giving "heroes" who attack him the treatment normally reserved for villains, and villains are lucky if they just get maimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Not really. He (and Bennett) have said they have really long plans for this book, and that they want to stay as long as marvel wants them to stay.

Happy to read this and I hope this run lasts. Being a Hulk fan is frustrating because the character has sooo much potential but is more often written poorly in my opinion. The last time I really enjoyed reading Hulk was Planet Hulk.

Immortal Hulk has been AMAZING. I’m really enjoying No Road Home so far and I thought The Hulverines would for sure be dumb but I actually enjoyed it a lot.

It’s a great time to be a Hulk fan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aloe View Post
    Happy to read this and I hope this run lasts. Being a Hulk fan is frustrating because the character has sooo much potential but is more often written poorly in my opinion. The last time I really enjoyed reading Hulk was Planet Hulk.

Immortal Hulk has been AMAZING. I’m really enjoying No Road Home so far and I thought The Hulverines would for sure be dumb but I actually enjoyed it a lot.

It’s a great time to be a Hulk fan
    Agreed. The last time I enjoyed reading the Hulk was when Greg Pak was last on the character during Heart of the Monster. After that, we Hulk fans had to deal with 7 long years of horrible, mediocre runs and just terrible stories in general. But, now, finally we can enjoy the adventures of Bruce Banner and the Immortal Hulk again.

I'm glad Abomination is coming back. I hope we get to see other Hulk villains such as Harpy and Tyrannus return as well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

The Immortal Hulk #14 - Preview

BANNED

What's Hulk want from Nightmare I wonder?

Hulk's definitely got his own plan in all of this, separate from simply "stop the bad guy."