Page 26 of 171 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

I’m so happy Ewing is bringing back the Devil Hulk, but I do hope Ewing plans to address why the Devil Hulk is so much less malevolent now that he’s out rather than destroying the world like he threatened to do in his first appearance. Also Rick Jones is totally going to be the Immortal Abomination.

BANNED

The Immortal Hulk #15 was another incredible, deep, emotional, dark and intriguing entry in the series!

We now know that Hulk isn't too particularly fond of Betty. He wasn't the tiniest bit concerned or worried about her, so it appears there's no love there. It could be that he knows that she wasn't dead, too, but given the personality of the Immortal Hulk... yeah, you guys understand.

And we learned that the Immortal Hulk ripped apart/sundered the Hulk that sought to destroy everything, the one who was total rage that Hydra weaponized against the heroes during Secret Empire. Could it be that's why that Hulk stopped and reverted to Banner? Not due to Hydra giving it a time limit, but because the Immortal Hulk put it down before it could do further damage.

We'll be seeing more of the other various Hulk personas in the coming issues, which I'm very excited about! I cannot wait to see them all. Green Scar, Gray/Joe Fixit, Merged, Savage and who knows what others. It's gonna be very interesting. I'm wondering if the Immortal Hulk made deals with them or perhaps bargained with all the various Hulk personas. Promising something to all of them in return for him being in control.

And while he claims to be THE Devil Hulk... are we truly for sure? It's thrilling, being so uncertain and on edge. In any case, the Immortal Hulk is still very terrifying. His view of the world and methodology is akin to that of Ra's Al Ghul, believing the strong will survive and the weak will perish by destroying the old world to make way for a new, better world.

Avengers: No Road Home #6 was great! Love the focus on Conan and Wanda, but it's the scene with the Hulk that truly stole the issue for me. It ties in perfectly into The Immortal Hulk ongoing. Absorbing the Dark Shard and gaining power from it, altering his appearance that's strikingly similar to that of the Shadow People/Oldstrong Shadow Race. It makes me wonder that, given that Nyx is Queen of the Night... will the Immortal Hulk become the King of Night?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m so happy Ewing is bringing back the Devil Hulk, but I do hope Ewing plans to address why the Devil Hulk is so much less malevolent now that he’s out rather than destroying the world like he threatened to do in his first appearance. Also Rick Jones is totally going to be the Immortal Abomination.
    He already did in this issue, stating that Banners interpretation of him was wrong, shaped by Banner's fear of him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He already did in this issue, stating that Banners interpretation of him was wrong, shaped by Banner's fear of him.
    Ahhhh I reread it and now I get it. Because of the abuse he got from his father Bruce couldn’t imagine a father figure that wasn’t also abusive. I actually like that development.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    The Immortal Hulk #15 was another incredible, deep, emotional, dark and intriguing entry in the series!

We now know that Hulk isn't too particularly fond of Betty. He wasn't the tiniest bit concerned or worried about her, so it appears there's no love there. It could be that he knows that she wasn't dead, too, but given the personality of the Immortal Hulk... yeah, you guys understand.

And we learned that the Immortal Hulk ripped apart/sundered the Hulk that sought to destroy everything, the one who was total rage that Hydra weaponized against the heroes during Secret Empire. Could it be that's why that Hulk stopped and reverted to Banner? Not due to Hydra giving it a time limit, but because the Immortal Hulk put it down before it could do further damage.

We'll be seeing more of the other various Hulk personas in the coming issues, which I'm very excited about! I cannot wait to see them all. Green Scar, Gray/Joe Fixit, Merged, Savage and who knows what others. It's gonna be very interesting. I'm wondering if the Immortal Hulk made deals with them or perhaps bargained with all the various Hulk personas. Promising something to all of them in return for him being in control.

And while he claims to be THE Devil Hulk... are we truly for sure? It's thrilling, being so uncertain and on edge. In any case, the Immortal Hulk is still very terrifying. His view of the world and methodology is akin to that of Ra's Al Ghul, believing the strong will survive and the weak will perish by destroying the old world to make way for a new, better world.

Avengers: No Road Home #6 was great! Love the focus on Conan and Wanda, but it's the scene with the Hulk that truly stole the issue for me. It ties in perfectly into The Immortal Hulk ongoing. Absorbing the Dark Shard and gaining power from it, altering his appearance that's strikingly similar to that of the Shadow People/Oldstrong Shadow Race. It makes me wonder that, given that Nyx is Queen of the Night... will the Immortal Hulk become the King of Night?
    And that's a vital question. Can we trust him? The thing he imprisoned in the cave really is what he's talking about? He took control, and he doesn't seem to be happy with sharing a spotlight with another incarnation. Let's see how complex this new dynamic is!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    And that's a vital question. Can we trust him? The thing he imprisoned in the cave really is what he's talking about? He took control, and he doesn't seem to be happy with sharing a spotlight with another incarnation. Let's see how complex this new dynamic is!
    Yes! It's thrilling!

Also...

Red Harpy

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 03-22-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Yes! It's thrilling!

Also...

Red Harpy

This design is asking for fan art.

I hope that Joe Fixit manages to make a comeback somehow. I wonder what enemies remain that were first introduced in the grey-Hulk/Vegas era?
    is the Harpy confronting Jackie McGee?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 03-23-2019 at 04:54 AM.

BANNED

Yes! It's thrilling!

Also...

Red Harpy

Now THAT is a great callback and a wonderful merger of Betty’s Gamma moments.

Also...

Red Harpy

Amazing art and fantastic design for the Harpy. I'm really curious to see what's going to be Rick Jones new look or even Thunderbolt Ross because no way he's really dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that Joe Fixit manages to make a comeback somehow. I wonder what enemies remain that were first introduced in the grey-Hulk/Vegas era?
    is the Harpy confronting Jackie McGee?
    Yeah it looks like McGee but you're in luck, Joe Fixit should make an apperance soon:

Joe... Joe Fixit. 'Nuff said.

BANNED

BANNED

Simon Williams' Tribute to Al Ewing & Joe Bennett's THE IMMORTAL HULK

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Nice to have seen one of the Hulk "supernatural" abilities being displayed in No Road Home (#6), much like in the Crossroads era: understanding, almost instinctively, how magical objects work

I personally hate that it has been revealed that all gamma monsters are immortal.
    Means that there will never be denouement with any monster stories that come in the future.
    Unless the Hulk absorbs their energy I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I personally hate that it has been revealed that all gamma monsters are immortal.
    Means that there will never be denouement with any monster stories that come in the future.
    Unless the Hulk absorbs their energy I guess.
    I think its an interesting story-point. Although I don't think it's going to be permanent. Once this story-line ends or if/when a new writer takes over, I can see the gamma-characters reverting from being immortal back to being exceptionally hard to kill. The Hulk himself may stay immortal but others like Betty, Doc Samson, or Abomination I think will eventually become mortal again.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!