Page 28 of 171 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    When Ewing and Bennett say this new Abomination is terrifying, I believe them!

Also, the Hulk has so many gruesome moments in his story. The one you posted is fantastic! One I love it's from IH #324; something like this:

[img]https://s2.gifyu.com/images/ccf01152016_0001.jpg[img]

Good choice with those panels from Incredible Hulk #324, straight out of a horror movie, it was so weird and terrifying to see Banner manifesting on Hulk body the first time I read this issue

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The current incarnation debuted in Avengers: No Surrender but shares some personality traits with previous versions such as the Green Scar and Grey Hulk (Joe Fixit) although he seems to be a bit more intelligent, sort of more of a 'thinking' Hulk with a bit more of a sadistic side.I wouldn't quite say he's a vilain, really. He's also appeared in a few other comics recently in addition to Avengers, and the Avengers likewise showed up in IH as well as the current version of Alpha Flight.
    Has he managed to interact with Avengers characters like Tony or Steve? I'd like to know how his friends/peers are viewing this "new" hulk.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Has he managed to interact with Avengers characters like Tony or Steve? I'd like to know how his friends/peers are viewing this "new" hulk.
    He has. And Tony, Steve, etc. are worried (about) and afraid of him, specially after their fight in Immortal Hulk #7.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    He has. And Tony, Steve, etc. are worried (about) and afraid of him, specially after their fight in Immortal Hulk #7.
    Thanks! I will have to read up on this title. I don't read much Marvel any more (other than Daredevil). This title seems interesting though. I read the first couple of issues but need to pick up the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Thanks! I will have to read up on this title. I don't read much Marvel any more (other than Daredevil). This title seems interesting though. I read the first couple of issues but need to pick up the rest.
    It'll be worth it. Believe me!

BTW the Hulk is immortal in part because he has pretty impressive healing factor, as do most other gamma beings. I think it took a while longer due to him being killed in his Banner form this time.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #232
    Cover Date: February 1979
    Sale Date: November 14th, 1978
    Writer: Roger Stern & David Michelinie
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Mike Esposito
    Letterer: John Costanza
    Colorist: Ben Sean
    Editor: Jo Duffy

“The Battle Below!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Captain America, Marvel Man, Jim Wilson, Falcon.
    Villains: Senator Stivak, Animus, Moonstone, Curtiss Jackson.
    Synopsis: Fresh off the events in Captain America #230, we open to Moonstone, Animus and Stivak standing over the unconscious bodies of the Hulk, Marvel Man and Captain America. Jim Wilson is tied up in a corner and the Falcon is about to drown. Cap makes a move, but is thwarted by Moonstone, tumbling into the water and appearing to drown. The Hulk awakens and resumes his battle with Animus while Cap frees the Falcon. Animus appears to have won the battle after she surrounds the Hulk in a concrete cocoon. The standoff between Stivak and Jackson continues until the Falcon, Cap, and Marvel Man make their presence known. The Hulk also makes short work of his temporary prison and takes Animus out of the battle by smashing her crystal club. As the heroes make their way towards Stivak, Jackson activates a barrage of guns and eliminates the crooked Senator. The Hulk finds the bullets annoying and takes his frustration out on Jackson, who then escapes in capsule. Further angered, the Hulk gives chase and the heroes are left with the fallout from the battle.

Commentary: Now we get some great panels by Sal and Esposito. Either Cap #230 or this issue make know that Jim and the Falcon are related.

I'd like to see the updated Hulk take on more cosmic foes- a rematch with folks like Mephisto, Anhillius, Sattannish, the Champion, Thanos, etc. is overdue.

Preview issue 16:
    https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-preview-rick-jones/

spoilers:
    Rick Jones is back from the dead. And Jackie mentions Hulk talking to a space raccoon in Manhattan, so this is after No Road Home.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preview issue 16:

spoilers:
    Rick Jones is back from the dead. And Jackie mentions Hulk talking to a space raccoon in Manhattan, so this is after No Road Home.
    end of spoilers
    Finally! Poor Rick.

interesting.

Well, hopefully the fate of Jim Wilson will be left alone. Given the poignant context of his death, it would be super-tacky if he were brought back. But I wouldn't have a problem with Jim's ghost to have a conversation about his super-dark outlook. Or maybe that's the conversation that Rick's going to have?

Huh... Jim has never been a gamma being, unlike the others who come back, which is one of the most important points in this book: gamma beings can't die.

So, it would make zero sense if he came back.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preview issue 16:

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Rick didn't deserve to die, he doesn't deserve this tournament...

Avengers: No Road Home #8 Preview

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...o-road-home-8/

That will be interesting!

Yeah, Jim's last issue in particular does deal a bit with the Hulk possibly giving him a blood transfusion like Jennifer, but he declines if I remember correctly.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth