Page 29 of 171 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Ya know, I just had a thought. With Hulk and Samson's talk about Devil Hulk bring about an end to humanity society so that some might survive, am I the only one thinking that Ewing might bring back a radicalized Pantheon?

I mean, he had alluded to a lot of Peter David stuff overall.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah, Jim's last issue in particular does deal a bit with the Hulk possibly giving him a blood transfusion like Jennifer, but he declines if I remember correctly.
    You're correct.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ya know, I just had a thought. With Hulk and Samson's talk about Devil Hulk bring about an end to humanity society so that some might survive, am I the only one thinking that Ewing might bring back a radicalized Pantheon?

I mean, he had alluded to a lot of Peter David stuff overall.
    It could be, even though I don't think he's interested in bringing back these old toys soon.

One thing that I hope he touched one day is that bizarre episode, by the end of Jenkins/McKeever (curiously penciled by Bennett), where the Leader is evolving to a bizarre godlike state until he's ready to leave his body and become something much greater. Then he seems something terrible (we don't know what it is) and explodes!

I think this is something Ewing could explore as being an episode related to the Green Door and The One Below All!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preview issue 16:
    https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-preview-rick-jones/

spoilers:
    Rick Jones is back from the dead. And Jackie mentions Hulk talking to a space raccoon in Manhattan, so this is after No Road Home.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for the preview, it looks really good but damn I feel sad for Rick. I can't wait to see his new form!

spoilers:
    So Immortal Hulk #14 takes place after Hulkverines (Clay and the Leader are mentioned at the start of the issue) and Immortal Hulk #16 after No Road Home, that's nice!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Huh... Jim has never been a gamma being, unlike the others who come back, which is one of the most important points in this book: gamma beings can't die.

So, it would make zero sense if he came back.
    If gamma being can die....does tha tmeans that Sirius the gamma dog is still around? I recalle there were some other gaama beast around as well...this could be interesting, all gamma being not being able to die...(albeit to be fair and honest they are not alone...some other characters in MU seem to be death proof...)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    If gamma being can die....does tha tmeans that Sirius the gamma dog is still around? I recalle there were some other gaama beast around as well...this could be interesting, all gamma being not being able to die...(albeit to be fair and honest they are not alone...some other characters in MU seem to be death proof...)
    Think you could see Sirius actually. As well as these other callbacks or nods. There was a leaked page months back showing a dog (Sirius?), a giant bat (Salvatore from 1982 cartoon?) and a Warthog-ish beast (27 or 28 from Jason Aaron run?). We should see in a few days!
    Last edited by FrazettaHulk; 03-30-2019 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Didnt see image

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #233
    Cover Date: March 1979
    Sale Date: December 12th, 1978
    Writer: Roger Stern
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Chic Stone
    Letterer: Tom Orzechowski
    Colorist: Francoise Mouly
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“…At the Bottom of the Bay!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Marvel Man, Fred Sloan, Doc Samson, Clay Quartermain, Senator Hawk, Jasper Sitwell, Betty and Glenn Talbot.
    Villain: Curtiss Jackson.
    Synopsis: There’s nothing extravagant to go into detail about; the Hulk chases Jackson to a secret Corporation hideout and makes another getaway. Fred Sloan is rescued, Marvel Man is laughed at, Senator Hawk, Samson, and Quartermain are briefed on the real identities/intentions of Senator Stivak and Dr. Sofen and we are treated to the return of Betty and Glenn Talbot.

Commentary: It’s pretty much stated in the synopsis, but we’ll find out the true intentions of the Talbots in a bit. I think Sal and Chic Stone were a good combo.

.... I remember how Quasar/Wendell was portrayed as a rather bulky hero back then, then for his solo series.. he wasn't.. lol..

You're correct.

It could be, even though I don't think he's interested in bringing back these old toys soon.

One thing that I hope he touched one day is that bizarre episode, by the end of Jenkins/McKeever (curiously penciled by Bennett), where the Leader is evolving to a bizarre godlike state until he's ready to leave his body and become something much greater. Then he seems something terrible (we don't know what it is) and explodes!

I think this is something Ewing could explore as being an episode related to the Green Door and The One Below All!
    The leader's timeline after Ghosts of the Past is a bit complicated I think. At first it was implied that he transferred himself mentally to omnibus, then the Jenkins thing, then the Bruce Jones storyline which isn't really canon, and then Slott (In She-Hulk), Loeb and Pak brought him back without too much explanation.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The current incarnation debuted in Avengers: No Surrender but shares some personality traits with previous versions such as the Green Scar and Grey Hulk (Joe Fixit) although he seems to be a bit more intelligent, sort of more of a 'thinking' Hulk with a bit more of a sadistic side.I wouldn't quite say he's a vilain, really. He's also appeared in a few other comics recently in addition to Avengers, and the Avengers likewise showed up in IH as well as the current version of Alpha Flight.
    Recently they mentioned its devil Hulk

Im personally convinced its the same Gravage incarnation in Tempest Fugit that made Bruce plant a bomb in his school that he surpressed

Now with inks by Ruy José

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

New interview with Ewing about the Devil Hulk persona, and some "new" upcoming pages:

https://www.cbr.com/interview-al-ewi...al-hulk-devil/

HULK2018016010s-colREV.jpg
    HULK2018016008-colREV.jpg

Now with inks by Ruy José

Nice find. This is truly frightening and really adds to the horror/supernatural aspect of the the current run. I didn't think I was going to like it at first but it has grown on me and I have been pleasantly surprised/pleased. I also like how much more cruel the Hulk seems.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    New interview with Ewing about the Devil Hulk persona, and some "new" upcoming pages:

https://www.cbr.com/interview-al-ewi...al-hulk-devil/

HULK2018016010s-colREV.jpg
    HULK2018016008-colREV.jpg
    Thanks for posting it!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice find. This is truly frightening and really adds to the horror/supernatural aspect of the the current run. I didn't think I was going to like it at first but it has grown on me and I have been pleasantly surprised/pleased. I also like how much more cruel the Hulk seems.
    Same here! One of the coolest things from this new interview is that it clarifies what this Hulk is: indeed something that "evolved" from (Jenkin's "original") Devil Hulk.