Page 30 of 171 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    It'll be worth it. Believe me!
    I'm now caught up and YES I do like the title. Very interesting. I do have a question though (and will put it in spoilers even though it's probably not necessary):

spoilers:
    I understand that Banner "died" and now he's turning into the Immortal Hulk at night, but why is his change no longer associated with anger?! Sorry if I missed the explanation. I wasn't reading any of the Hulk/Avengers/etc books prior to this so I wasn't there when Banner was shot and killed and I feel like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle.
    end of spoilers

Thanks! Looking forward to future issues. I had pretty much given up on Marvel books for a while (except Daredevil) and feel like overall Marvel Comics are a mess. Glad to add this one to my list of monthly reading.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Second part of the interview from yesterday with Ewing is up!

https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-ma...ies-explained/

The most interesting thing about it, though, is that Ewing says that he has 4 acts planned for his run (depending on sales of course) with the first one being over and the second just starting. So I'm thinking maybe 20-35 more issues?

Also, more new pages. Check the Arachnids lol.

TIHulk017002-ink.jpg
    TIHulk017008-ink.jpg

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I'm now caught up and YES I do like the title. Very interesting. I do have a question though (and will put it in spoilers even though it's probably not necessary):

spoilers:
    I understand that Banner "died" and now he's turning into the Immortal Hulk at night, but why is his change no longer associated with anger?! Sorry if I missed the explanation. I wasn't reading any of the Hulk/Avengers/etc books prior to this so I wasn't there when Banner was shot and killed and I feel like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle.
    end of spoilers

Thanks! Looking forward to future issues. I had pretty much given up on Marvel books for a while (except Daredevil) and feel like overall Marvel Comics are a mess. Glad to add this one to my list of monthly reading.
    spoilers:
    Here we go: if you have some experience with the Hulk in the past, you'll notice that the dynamics change a lot. different incarnations have the same " rule". Savage Hulk, for example, would change when angry, but the "original" Gray Hulk would only transform at night, much like the current Devil Hulk -they have other particularities, though.This Hulk will only change at night, but notice that night doesn't bring an automatic change: if Banner dies, he comes back as the Hulk, as we've seen in the past issues.However, and it's important to say, that the incarnations themselves are related to each other: why a particular incarnation is the only one to come out? What happened with the other ones? What is the dynamic between them? We learned that the Devil Hulk took control, but we've also seen that when he gets too angry and starts to lose control, he becomes like the Savage Hulk (hulk smash!) incarnation (he even calls it "the Big Guy"). So there's a dynamic between the two: Devil Hulk somewhat doesn't have full control and can lose it in that situation. In this sense, the Hulk still can transform when angry; he did so in #14, when betty was shot. The Savage Hulk was the only one to come out first.
    end of spoilers

I talked too much. But, to sum it up, there's a relation between incarnations; even though they got their particular "rules". We'll see more of the other incarnations in the near future, so we'll know what the new dynamic looks like!
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Second part of the interview from yesterday with Ewing is up!

https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-ma...ies-explained/

The most interesting thing about it, though, is that Ewing says that he has 4 acts planned for his run (depending on sales of course) with the first one being over and the second just starting. So I'm thinking maybe 20-35 more issues?

Also, more new pages. Check the Arachnids lol.

TIHulk017002-ink.jpg
    TIHulk017008-ink.jpg
    It's interesting, indeed. Well, considering that the 2nd act is just beginning, I find it hard to believe that he'll only be in the title for more 20 issues, for example. If we assume that these 3 arcs have about the same size of the 1st, we'll have at least more 40 issues; it could be even more, considering that they might have an even bigger scope.

In my opinion, even if everything else has a smaller scope, Ewing is gonna in the title at least until the #50 issue. Actually, I think he'll come up with more stories to tell when he's close to the end of this 4th act; I believe the gamma gang will stay as long as they want.
    Last edited by Immortal Hulk; 04-02-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Just finished Immortal Hulk #16. Impossible, for any Hulk fan, to not have a big smile in their face with the last page!

Just finished Immortal Hulk #16. Impossible, for any Hulk fan, to not have a big smile in their face with the last page!
    Al Ewing is definitely doing a fan service, I have not seen this kind switch since the Peter David Hulk.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Nuts.
    One of my twins is sick, so I won't be able to make it to the comic store.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #234
    Cover Date: April 1979
    Sale Date: January 16th, 1979
    Writer: Roger Stern
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Jack Abel
    Letterer: John Costanza
    Colorist: Elainer Heinl
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“Battleground Berkeley!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Trish Starr, Fred Sloan,
    Villain: Curtiss Jackson
    Synopsis: Again, nothing to get into too much detail about. The Hulk is reunited with Trish Starr, some more petty drama between Samson, Hawk and Quartermain, and we find out the reason Betty and Glenn are meeting in Mexico City – for a divorce. Jackson makes another move against the Hulk by kidnapping Trish but sets it up to make it look like Machine Man has done it.

Commentary: A transition issue, but in some ways felt more like a bonus issue from the Defenders with the Trish Starr flashbacks. And we get the name change from Marvel Man to Quasar in this issue.

Wink

I almost screamed on the subway!

spoilers:
    The issue has been great. With Rick's autobiography acting as a narrator, but I've been lamenting that we haven't seen an ol' granite-skinned loudmoth in ages and I got my wish! JOE FIXIT (in a way) is back! The presentation on this book has been on point, but looking at the bait and switch, Joe's smirk and the reveal with the eyes, his dialog and next episode's title had me cheering. It's like a Netflix show in my head sometimes. I've been having so much fun with this book!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Shockdingo; 04-03-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    I almost screamed on the subway!

[SPOILER]The issue has been great. With Rick's autobiography acting as a narrator, but I've been lamenting that we haven't seen an ol' granite-skinned loudmoth in ages and I got my wish! JOE FIXIT (in a way) is back! The presentation on this book has been on point, but looking at the bait and switch, Joe's smirk and the reveal with the eyes, his dialog and next episode's title had me cheering. It's like a Netflix show in my head sometimes. I've been having so much fun with this book![/SPOILER]
    I've had a similar reaction. LOL.

I'm so curious about what kind of abomination is going to emerge from that cocoon, and the Banner/Joe cliffhanger was simply amazing!

I don't like to repeat that, but this was my favorite issue so far, and considering the high level of quality of this book, that speaks volumes.

Bushwhacker ain't ready for this.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

4 acts, eh? Wow.
    I’m sure the final one will be some big battle against the One Below All good and proper. Exciting stuff.

Another good issue. This book doesn’t take rests and it’s great.

Joe's talking through Banner was so sinister, with those grey eyes!

Can some one give me some back story on the Betty/Harpy business ?

I just read issue #16 and thought it was a great issue. The ending was a nice twist and I look forward to reading more.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!