Page 31 of 171 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Can some one give me some back story on the Betty/Harpy business ?
    Cliff Notes:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Incre...Hulk_Vol_1_138
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Incre...Hulk_Vol_1_141
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Incre...Hulk_Vol_1_168

Betty had been turned into glass by a blood transfusion by Sandman. Doc Samson was a regular human, who offered to cure the Hulk by removing his gamma and in doing so, save Betty. Samson used that energy to become Doc Samson. Later MODOK kidnaps Betty and transforms her into the Harpy.

Basically, at this time she's got a lot of weird radiation running through her body at this time period.

Years later, Betty is killed (poisoned by Abomination, but Bruce thinks it was due to years of exposure to his radiation) and kept in stasis. The Intelligencia (Leader, MODOK, etc) make a deal with Gen. Ross to save Betty. They turn him into Red Hulk and the same to Betty.

So, presuming all of these changes/radiations mixing we're seeing a return of Harpy, but in a red form, sort of a halfway point between the two gamma forms (theorizing..)

Rick similarly had multiple gamma forms (Hulk, A-Bomb) so it should be interesting what results.

Ultimate Member

Has Ewing explained why Shadow Base is harassing Banner? Business as usual?

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Has Ewing explained why Shadow Base is harassing Banner? Business as usual?
    Well, Fortean and the Shadow Base want the Hulk. They caught him (or they thought so) to study him and learn his secrets or how gamma mutations really work. That's what we know so far. However, they may have more things in their mind.

Spectacular Member

That ending was WILD. What a great book. Biggest compliment I can give it is I’m not even a big Hulk fan, and I eagerly await every issue. Just some truly masterful and wholly unique storytelling going on from the whole team.

It's crazy to see how much praise this book keeps getting. There's another perfect score review for Immortal hulk #16:

https://www.comiccrusaders.com/review-immortal-hulk-16/
    (5/5)

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Cliff Notes:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Incre...Hulk_Vol_1_138
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Incre...Hulk_Vol_1_141
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Incre...Hulk_Vol_1_168

Betty had been turned into glass by a blood transfusion by Sandman. Doc Samson was a regular human, who offered to cure the Hulk by removing his gamma and in doing so, save Betty. Samson used that energy to become Doc Samson. Later MODOK kidnaps Betty and transforms her into the Harpy.

Basically, at this time she's got a lot of weird radiation running through her body at this time period.

Years later, Betty is killed (poisoned by Abomination, but Bruce thinks it was due to years of exposure to his radiation) and kept in stasis. The Intelligencia (Leader, MODOK, etc) make a deal with Gen. Ross to save Betty. They turn him into Red Hulk and the same to Betty.

So, presuming all of these changes/radiations mixing we're seeing a return of Harpy, but in a red form, sort of a halfway point between the two gamma forms (theorizing..)

Rick similarly had multiple gamma forms (Hulk, A-Bomb) so it should be interesting what results.
    Nice one mate. Thank you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3191 View Post
    That ending was WILD.
    It sure as hell was!!

I saved this week's issue for the last read in my stack, knowing I could count on it to be strong but, man, even for this book it really delivered.

One of the best issues to date of an already great run. Loved the excerpts from Rick's book. It made for a great narrative device.

But it's the ending that really put it all over the top. Did NOT see that coming.

I completely agree with all of you, that ending was amazing!!! Also Hulk telling to Samson what happened to Dr. Clive was funny:

spoilers:
    I ate a guy. He was annoying. Are we doing this or what?
    end of spoilers

But apart from the ending the highlight of this issue was:

spoilers:
    The Rick's plotline, poor guy when you think about it. The scenes where you see the scientists experimenting on him and the cocoon scene were just terryfying.
    end of spoilers

What a fantastic issue!

With the ending, I'm kind of reminded of Peter David's "Savage Banner"-although that was a bit different, in that it was basically the Banner/Hulk relationship dramatically reversed-The merged Hulk-who did not transform back into Banner since he was pretty much convinced he was a "fixed" Bruce Banner-still had a sort of mental defense should he ever let his anger go too far-when he got too angry, he would turn back into the Bruce form, but with savage's persona (and he would transform back into the Merged when calm). However, he also thought he was as invulnerable, and got shrapnel in Bruce's head which caused the Merged persona to go nuts and almost become the Maestro around the time of Onslaught (Which pretty much ended the Merged persona's run; he wouldn't really show up again until much later)....

Also Bruce Jones's run had Banner in his human form with Hulk-like strength at times, although of course that's run is up for debate.

The idea of a human-sized Joe also showed up in Paul Jenkin's run-in a story where the Devil Hulk was trying to trap Bruce in a mental fantasy world....hmmmm.....
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-04-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I completely agree with all of you, that ending was amazing!!! Also Hulk telling to Samson what happened to Dr. Clive was funny:

spoilers:
    I ate a guy. He was annoying. Are we doing this or what?
    end of spoilers

But apart from the ending the highlight of this issue was:

spoilers:
    The Rick's plotline, poor guy when you think about it. The scenes where you see the scientists experimenting on him and the cocoon scene were just terryfying.
    end of spoilers

What a fantastic issue!
    There were so many highlights in this issue! Yeah, poor Rick, indeed. spoilers:
    I wonder what kind of Abomination will emerge from that! I wonder if it'll have different phases of mutations!

However, Fixit's taking control and that last page sent shivers down my spine.
    end of spoilers

Hopefully Ewing will stay for the long run.
    This title, together with Venom and ASM(I’m a bit behind with ASM though)are the best Marvel has to offer IMO.

Man when was the last time Joe showed up? Been too long. Can’t wait to see how he gets out of that cliffhanger. Also really want to know how the other Hulks feel about Devil Hulk being in charge now, given the lengths they went to lock him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Hopefully Ewing will stay for the long run.
    This title, together with Venom and ASM(I’m a bit behind with ASM though)are the best Marvel has to offer IMO.
    Don't worry, Ewing and Bennett have really longterm plans for this book!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man when was the last time Joe showed up? Been too long. Can’t wait to see how he gets out of that cliffhanger. Also really want to know how the other Hulks feel about Devil Hulk being in charge now, given the lengths they went to lock him up.
    Someone correct me, please. But the last time I've seen Grey Hulk/Fixit, in continuity, happened in Hulk, during Jeph Loeb's run. In an issue where He faces a lot of people turning into Wendigos. Really silly stuff. LOL

And the dynamic between the different incarnations will become one of the most interesting things in the future of this run. It might open the door to a lot of possibilities!

Man is this series great or what? I could be wrong, but I thought there were subtle hints to the ending in Rick Jones dialogue from his autobiography. The word grey or hints at it came up a few times. Maybe I read too much into it?