Page 33 of 171 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

With Endgame, I would have figured that Banner would have grown a beard by now, which would mean that the Hulk might have a beard, and give hints at the Maestro, maybe if he manages to get one of the stones, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Looks like The Thing Vs. Immortal Hulk is coming in July's Fantastic 4 issue: https://youtu.be/ZmY-9RYVAJs

Attachment 80939
    Slott is nowhere near my favorite writer so I’m a little concerned about how he handles this. Hope he does a good job.

Kind of curious how Ben will react to this new persona. The only persona (apart from Banner of course) that really seemed to get along with Grimm was the Merged Hulk I think.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Nice article about Immortal Hulk!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-immortal-hulk

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

So in today's issue of Avengers No Road Home...

spoilers:
    When the Avengers tried to enter the "Core of Creation", Banner was vaporized mentioning that he can not enter 'holy ground'.
    end of spoilers

It seems the new Abomination is coming to get you, Hulk. Better run!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    So in today's issue of Avengers No Road Home...

spoilers:
    When the Avengers tried to enter the "Core of Creation", Banner was vaporized mentioning that he can not enter 'holy ground'.
    end of spoilers
    Interesting...

spoilers:
    So the Hulk really has a demonic nature, probably from his connection to the Green Door...
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #235
    Cover Date: May 1979
    Sale Date: February 13th, 1979
    Writer: Roger Stern
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Mike Esposito
    Letterer: John Costanza
    Colorist: George Roussos
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“The Monster and the Machine!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Fred Sloan, Trish Starr, Machine Man, Peter Spaulding, Colonel Krags
    Antagonist: Curtiss Jackson
    Synopsis: The Hulk and Fred are leaping across the California countryside to find Trish Starr, who they believe to have been kidnapped by Machine Man, but in reality, a Corporation goon dressed up like him. In Central City, we see the true Machine Man in court and delegated to the custody of Dr. Spaulding. The Hulk and Fred arrive at the address given, only to have Spaulding and Machine Man arrive. A battle ensues and by issues end, the Hulk has torn Machine Man apart, only to reassemble himself and vow he will stop the Hulk die trying.

Commentary: Unless you’re reading up on Machine Man, a lot of this is going to be filler material that isn’t important to the main story. Buscema and Esposito have some good and bad panels here, and you’d think that the battle between Hulk and Machine Man would be at the most, 3 panels. I also keep seeing Ditko being credited for the cover art…but it looks absolutely nothing like any of his work.

Incredible Hulk #236
    Cover Date: June 1979
    Sale Date: March 20, 1979
    Writer: Roger Stern
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Mike Esposito
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“Kill or Be Killed!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Fred Sloan, Peter Spaulding
    Villain: Curtiss Jackson
    Synopsis: The Hulk and Machine Man continue their battle from last issue. Cliffhanger ending with the two caught in a gas explosion…
    Commentary: Not a whole lot to say, there were small bits with Fred and Jackson, but pretty much all Hulk and Machine Man duking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post

Loving the artwork. I can't wait to see the new look for the Abomination. I hope he becomes an ongoing major threat to the MU and not just limited to the Hulk-verse.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Same here! If He's something that could kick Hulk's ass (and terrify him), then He should be a hell of a threat.

There were so many highlights in this issue! Yeah, poor Rick, indeed. spoilers:
    I wonder what kind of Abomination will emerge from that! I wonder if it'll have different phases of mutations!

However, Fixit's taking control and that last page sent shivers down my spine.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah if this abomination has several phases of mutations it could be something really frightening, I can't wait to see it emerges from that cocoon!!! And so true the last page was just perfect

Looks like either the new Abomination or the Harpy, in any case that looks amazing!!!!

I'm glad the Hulk series has been received well critically. Do we know how well the series is doing in terms of sales?
    Last edited by nj06; 04-12-2019 at 06:30 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm glad the Hulk series has been received well critically. Do we know how well the series is doing in terms of sales?
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-february-2019

FEBRUARY 2019
    32 43.36 IMMORTAL HULK #13 $3.99 MAR 40,496
    36 41.20 HULKVERINES #1 $4.99 MAR 38,477
    4 3.13 IMMORTAL HULK TP VOL 02 GREEN DOOR $15.99 MAR 2,919

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Saleswise it’s been selling very well is my understanding. Ewing has mentioned the first couple of issues have gone back for 7th and 8th reprints which is amazing. Immortal Hulk is a solid seller right now. Might be Marvel’s best selling solo ongoing.