Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 959
  1. #556
    Coming Back From Hell Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-03.html

    I don't usually care about sales numbers, but IH #15 sold 53,120 books! That's the highest since issue #1!
    Yup! Impressive how such quality in every sense can lead to commercial success (among so much super hyped mediocrity)!

  2. #557
    Coming Back From Hell Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Talking about success!

    Immortal Hulk #1 and #2 Get Fifth Printings

    Immortal Hulk gets more printings, deeper and further than any other titles, with Immortal Hulk #1 and #2 have gone to an impressive fifth printing, with a 1:25 variant for Immortal Hulk #2.

    Immortal Hulk #3 and #6 have gone to a fourth printing.

    Immortal Hulk #7, #13, #14 and #15 have gone to a third printing,

    Immortal Hulk #16 has gone to a second printing, all the above for the 29th May.


    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...te-spider-man/

  3. #558
    Incredible Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kuna, Idaho
    Posts
    988

    Default




    Incredible Hulk #249
    Cover Date: July 1980
    Sale Date: April 15th, 1980
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Steve Ditko
    Letterer: Irv Watanabe
    Colorist: Ben Sean
    Editor: Al Milgrom

    ďJack Frost Nipping at Your Soul!Ē


    Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Doc Samson, General Ross, Rick Jones, Fred Sloan, Betty Ross
    Villain: Jack Frost
    Synopsis: The Hulk has returned from the microverse and landed in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. After chasing away some hunters, he stumbles across the hidden hideout of long-time Iron Man villain Jack Frost. Meanwhile, Betty Ross, Rick Jones, and Fred Sloan arrive at the Generalís hunting cabin and are interrupted by a wounded centaur, who had been shot by Ross himself last issue.





    Commentary:
    Steve Ditko steps in to give Sal an extra month to get issue #250 completed on time. Iíve always liked his work on the Hulk, and itís been almost 15 years since weíve seen his stuff on olí Greenskin. And inked by himself too!

  4. #559
    Mighty Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Talking about success!

    Immortal Hulk #1 and #2 Get Fifth Printings

    Immortal Hulk gets more printings, deeper and further than any other titles, with Immortal Hulk #1 and #2 have gone to an impressive fifth printing, with a 1:25 variant for Immortal Hulk #2.

    Immortal Hulk #3 and #6 have gone to a fourth printing.

    Immortal Hulk #7, #13, #14 and #15 have gone to a third printing,

    Immortal Hulk #16 has gone to a second printing, all the above for the 29th May.


    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...te-spider-man/
    Hats off to Ewing. Hulk has had a pretty rough time for a while but we’re finally in a new era. God I wish we could get a Hulk cartoon or animated movie that adapted Ewing’s run.

  5. #560
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,949

    Default

    Ewing has done a phenomenal job while working on the Hulk. He has consistently provided a well written story and I like the way he writes Hulk and Banner.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  6. #561
    Coming Back From Hell Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hats off to Ewing. Hulk has had a pretty rough time for a while but we’re finally in a new era. God I wish we could get a Hulk cartoon or animated movie that adapted Ewing’s run.
    Honestly, I (and some other fans) would love to see a live action tv series more adult oriented (Hulu, maybe?) with a horror tone. Del Toro had scripts and was about to make it during 2012-2013 with a lot of practical effects (actually, he sill wants to make it!) He absolutely loves the Character, andIt could've been amazing! I was so happy when the new came out... http://collider.com/guillermo-del-to...ine-interview/
    Last edited by Immortal Hulk; 04-30-2019 at 02:09 PM.

  7. #562
    Mighty Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Honestly, I (and some other fans) would love to see a live action tv series more adult oriented (Hulu, maybe?) with a horror tone. Del Toro had scripts and was about to make it during 2012-2013 with a lot of practical effects (actually, he sill wants to make it!) He absolutely loves the Character, andIt could've been amazing! I was so happy when the new came out... http://collider.com/guillermo-del-to...ine-interview/
    It would be great, the problem is I don’t see Disney allowing that to exist apart from Disney+ and that service is mainly orientated towards families and kids, so I don’t know how I’d feel about a Hulk show. Wish Universal would give in and sell off the rights, Disney is never going to make another Hulk movie while they have to share profit with another company. I never would’ve though Marvel would get complete control of the X-Men before Hulk but we live in crazy times.

  8. #563
    Coming Back From Hell Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It would be great, the problem is I don’t see Disney allowing that to exist apart from Disney+ and that service is mainly orientated towards families and kids, so I don’t know how I’d feel about a Hulk show. Wish Universal would give in and sell off the rights, Disney is never going to make another Hulk movie while they have to share profit with another company. I never would’ve though Marvel would get complete control of the X-Men before Hulk but we live in crazy times.
    Correct. And Universal doesn't want to play nice with Marvel, as Ruffalo said once.

    I believe that, of course, the character will find his way in other medias, and be successful. He's just too big and iconic!

  9. #564
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,949

    Default

    I would love a live-action Hulk series that has a more serious tone while still maintaining the adventure and action aspects of the character's mythos.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  10. #565
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    74

    Default

    So, I'm still catching up but what happened to Thunderbolt Ross? Did Ewing bring him back as well? Correct me if I'm wrong but is the last we've heard of him and Betty were his Red Hulk was de-powered and arrested by S.H.I.E.L.D and he then escaped with whereabouts unknown? With Betty, she was last seen at Bruce's funeral?

  11. #566
    Coming Back From Hell Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, I'm still catching up but what happened to Thunderbolt Ross? Did Ewing bring him back as well? Correct me if I'm wrong but is the last we've heard of him and Betty were his Red Hulk was de-powered and arrested by S.H.I.E.L.D and he then escaped with whereabouts unknown? With Betty, she was last seen at Bruce's funeral?
    No, man. From what we've seen so far, Ross is very dead, in Hell (Below Place).

  12. #567
    Incredible Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kuna, Idaho
    Posts
    988

    Default



    Incredible Hulk #250
    Cover Date: August 1980
    Sale Date: May 20th, 1980
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Letterer: John Costanza
    Colorist: George Roussos
    Editor: Al Milgrom

    “Monster!”


    Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Silver Surfer, Claire and Mary Beth Mundy
    Synopsis: The Silver Surfer has decided to seek out the Hulk, hoping that his alter-ego Bruce Banner can replicate the gamma-powered strength of the Hulk into his own body and break free from the cosmic barrier that Galactus imposed upon him.





    Commentary: For a 250th issue bash, there wasn’t a whole lot going on. Felt like a printed version of the TV show, and over-padded with melodrama from the Surfer. And why is it BOTH the Hulk and Surfer have issues remembering they were teammates in the Defenders?!

  13. #568
    Coming Back From Hell Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It would be great, the problem is I don’t see Disney allowing that to exist apart from Disney+ and that service is mainly orientated towards families and kids, so I don’t know how I’d feel about a Hulk show. Wish Universal would give in and sell off the rights, Disney is never going to make another Hulk movie while they have to share profit with another company. I never would’ve though Marvel would get complete control of the X-Men before Hulk but we live in crazy times.
    Now i don't think there are mores excuses to not make a Hulk show happen.

    LIVE-ACTION GHOST RIDER AND HELSTROM TV SERIES HEADING TO HULU IN 2020

    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...o-hulu-in-2020

  14. #569
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, I'm still catching up but what happened to Thunderbolt Ross? Did Ewing bring him back as well? Correct me if I'm wrong but is the last we've heard of him and Betty were his Red Hulk was de-powered and arrested by S.H.I.E.L.D and he then escaped with whereabouts unknown? With Betty, she was last seen at Bruce's funeral?
    You're wrong

    He was depowered and imprisoned, yes. But during Secret Empire, off screen, he was involved in the fight against Hydra, earning a pardon and receiving a White House appointment. He annoyed the Avengers before being killed to frame Cap. So he's dead.

    That said, the main theme of this current run is that gamma beings, and Hulks in particular, cannot die. I think until we see a scene in the comic itself explaining why Ross is different, that his return is less a question of 'If' and more 'When'.

  15. #570
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Thanks. I thought Ross has been a great antagonist for Hulk. Hulk's fought a lot of powered enemies but you have this military man doggedly pursuing him (and becoming a Hulk himself.)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •