Page 41 of 171 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of cool that in Joe Bennet's art Bruce's/Joe's facial expressions have a certain "hulkness" to them.

Could've used some more originality with the "ants" though....I'm pretty sure those are Starship trooper bugs.
    Oh, probably one of those intentional homages he does all the time with sci-fi/horror movies from the 80s and 90s!

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Cover to the Marvel Tales: Hulk #1 coming out in July.
    Solicits are:
    The Hulk smashes his way into the celebration of the House of Ideas’ 80th anniversary with the latest issue of the era-spanning MARVEL TALES! This anthology series shines a spotlight on fan-favorite characters, features timeless stories and highlights some of the most impressive talent from the past eight decades. First, the Hulk returns to his original gray form in Al Milgrom’s status quo-shattering INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #324! Then, a blood transfusion from cousin Bruce Banner gives attorney Jennifer Walters a raging transformation of her own in SAVAGE SHE-HULK #1 – by the powerhouse team of Stan Lee and John Buscema! And Doc Samson manages to merge the Hulk’s personas, creating the super-intelligent “Professor” Hulk in INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #377 — a pivotal issue of Peter David’s epic run, illustrated by superstar Dale Keown!

RARE to see a reprint of issue #324. I'm all in...

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Cover to the Marvel Tales: Hulk #1 coming out in July.
    Solicits are:
    The Hulk smashes his way into the celebration of the House of Ideas’ 80th anniversary with the latest issue of the era-spanning MARVEL TALES! This anthology series shines a spotlight on fan-favorite characters, features timeless stories and highlights some of the most impressive talent from the past eight decades. First, the Hulk returns to his original gray form in Al Milgrom’s status quo-shattering INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #324! Then, a blood transfusion from cousin Bruce Banner gives attorney Jennifer Walters a raging transformation of her own in SAVAGE SHE-HULK #1 – by the powerhouse team of Stan Lee and John Buscema! And Doc Samson manages to merge the Hulk’s personas, creating the super-intelligent “Professor” Hulk in INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #377 — a pivotal issue of Peter David’s epic run, illustrated by superstar Dale Keown!

RARE to see a reprint of issue #324. I'm all in...
    who did the cover art? any chance they would do a mini series?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who did the cover art? any chance they would do a mini series?
    Cover was by Jen Bartel.

Incredible Hulk #255
    Cover Date: January 1981
    Sale Date: October 21st, 1980
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“Thunder Under the East River!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Donald Blake, Carl Pfotts
    Antagonist: Thor
    Synopsis: The Hulk has wandered across the United States and ended up on the outskirts of New York City. He lumbers across the George Washington Bridge and is confronted by the NYPD. Of course they are easily outmatched, but the Hulk manages to climb down the bridge after a failed gas attack. He meets a homeless man and they take shelter in a nearby lighthouse, with the Hulk transforming into Banner by morning. Recognizing his surroundings, Banner hops aboard a train, thinking that another country will off better luck for peace. Further down the river, we find Dr. Donald Blake offering his services to a local YMCA shelter for the homeless. A little bit of time has passed and Banner has fallen asleep on his train ride. He’s seen by a train guard but mistakes the man’s intentions for something else and flees into the path of an oncoming train, which prompts a quick transformation into the Hulk. Up above, Dr. Blake catches a quick glimpse of the situation and sneaks away to transform into Thor. A failed attempt to reason with the Hulk results in a battle that carries across the city and into the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. It ends with Thor reverting back to Blake while attempting to hold up the roof of the tunnel during their fight and the Hulk walking away thinking Thor is trapped within Blake’s body.

Commentary: Another classic Hulk/Thor fight. It’s funny to listen to the Hulk tell Blake he’s going to “fix Thor” by letting him live inside forever.

Angel, Immortal Hulk and Major X Top Advance Reorders

[I]The book (and te character) is totally on fire: eight of the 25 top advance reorder comics are from Immortal Hulk, not even including another reprint from Incredible Hulk #181, which was a hit!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...vance-reorders

The complete top 100!

Kicking ass.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...in-april-2019/

Great interview with Bennett (and portuguese, I know...) where he talks about how happy (and how the book changed his life when he was depressed) with Immortal Hulk. Some great preview art too!

https://www.facebook.com/joe.bennett...5167725851153/

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Great interview with Bennett (and portuguese, I know...) where he talks about how happy (and how the book changed his life when he was depressed) with Immortal Hulk. Some great preview art too!

someone translate this

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    someone translate this
    I'll do my best to post the main ideas:

Joe was talking about how happy and proud he's to be working in the Immortal Hulk. About how surprised he was when he received the news, from his manager, that the book was nominated for the Oscar of the comic books!

He talked that he didn't have the same pleasure doing his art as he had before (he was depressed), because he had never shown what he was truly capable of.

Tom Brevoort then called him and asked if he was interested at working in a new Hulk book (which he obviously was) which would have a horror/psychological tone, and that it would be interesting if his style could reflect that.

Joe, then, sent his 80 and 90s work, in brazilian horror comics, to him. Then, what he did was mixing his early style with everything that he learned after, and threw at all at the Hulk! In his words, it was the " José Bené"meeting Joe Bennett

His happinness and enthusiasm came back, and that reflected into himself and into the readers. The book being nominated for an Eisner means that the whole team is too.

Working in the book brought back many happy memories from his childhood, when his dad first bought comics from Marvel to him. He fell in love with the art of Jack Kirby and Herb Trimpe.

Concerning the Eisner, he feels happy, professionally fulfilled, as if all the things he did, all the choices he made in his career, paid off with this indication. he doesn't even think anymore if they're gonna win the prize or not. If it happens, even better.

Basically this.

Some of his early horror work:

Fantastic Member

Heads up.. Abomination's new look is spoiled in that video

I love spoilers, but just be advised if you're one of those who avoid spoilers.

Immortal Hulk #20 preview pencils, by Joe Bennett!

Beautiful. Honestly I’ve been wrestling with my feelings with Bennet’s Art in IH. Sometimes it’s amazing, such as whenever body horror shows up, but other times it feels flat. And I think the problem mainly has to do with the colorist imo.

I'll do my best to post the main ideas:

Joe was talking about how happy and proud he's to be working in the Immortal Hulk. About how surprised he was when he received the news, from his manager, that the book was nominated for the Oscar of the comic books!

He talked that he didn't have the same pleasure doing his art as he had before (he was depressed), because he had never shown what he was truly capable of.

Tom Brevoort then called him and asked if he was interested at working in a new Hulk book (which he obviously was) which would have a horror/psychological tone, and that it would be interesting if his style could reflect that.

Joe, then, sent his 80 and 90s work, in brazilian horror comics, to him. Then, what he did was mixing his early style with everything that he learned after, and threw at all at the Hulk! In his words, it was the " José Bené"meeting Joe Bennett

His happinness and enthusiasm came back, and that reflected into himself and into the readers. The book being nominated for an Eisner means that the whole team is too.

Working in the book brought back many happy memories from his childhood, when his dad first bought comics from Marvel to him. He fell in love with the art of Jack Kirby and Herb Trimpe.

Concerning the Eisner, he feels happy, professionally fulfilled, as if all the things he did, all the choices he made in his career, paid off with this indication. he doesn't even think anymore if they're gonna win the prize or not. If it happens, even better.

Basically this.
    Thank you for the interview and the translation! Bennett is doing such an amazing job on this series, so I'm really happy for him and I hope both him and Ewing will won an Eisner, they deserve it!

Really good stuff!