Page 45 of 171 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Those two are the same. Worldbreaker is just when Green Scar got so mad his power threatened to destroy planets.

You think so? Could Joe Fixit reach that state? He was always the weakest Hulk iirc. I also dimly recall something about Banner putting limits on how strong each Hulk incarnation could get.
    I don't think Banner ever did that in comics. No single mention that I can recall. And, yes, I do think he can. It's only an extreme state of anger. If we better look at it, Green Scar is a much more controlled and focused incarnation than Fixit has ever been. That, in theory, should make it more difficult to reach WB levels.

In the end, all Hulks get stronger when madder. In Fixit's case, at least in the past, it would take more time to get strong enough to have Savage Hulk levels, for example. but i don't think that's even the case anymore. If he gets really pissed off, his strength will grow really fast too.

Immortal Hulk #17 already going to second printing!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...ond-printings/

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Immortal Hulk #17 already going to second printing!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...ond-printings/
    Was that the one that sold 90k because holy **** if it’s already sold out.

Was that the one that sold 90k because holy **** if it’s already sold out.
    No, it's the current one. These are selling out really fast. In my comic shop it's impressive how fast it is. Thank god I have a subscription. LOL.

Ewing answered my tweet about the multiple head transformation in Immortal Hulk #17!

https://twitter.com/JasonVerve/statu...15154862854145

Hi, Mr.
    @Al_Ewing
    . I have one question: in IH #17, when we see that bizarre transformation scene, I supposed those heads didn't represent "personas"; it was a big homage to the greatest Hulk artists, correct? Or am I wrong? Thank you!

Yes - originally I just told Joe to draw the ultimate Hulk-out, knowing I'd get something great back. But often, what Joe does on the page feeds back to my thoughts on what it's all about - and when I saw that art, I did think "Wow, how many Hulks are there at once?"

The process on Hulk is very fluid in that way. I'm very open to honoring accidents, serendipities and synchronicities as hidden intentions - it's all about tapping into the subconscious, and anything in the book can hold multiple meanings and interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    No, it's the current one. These are selling out really fast. In my comic shop it's impressive how fast it is. Thank god I have a subscription. LOL.
    Oh right lol. Yeah IH sells out every week it comes out at my LCS.

The implications in this issue are interesting. Everyone is pointing to that Hulk out but I find Joe's walking and talking with what should be a dead Banner just as intriguing.
    After he changed the wavelengths of the emitters Bushwhacker shot Joe Banner up good but he was "alive" in his puny body.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I just remembered that we still don't know why or how the Hulk ended up in the Griever's ship in that one F4 issue, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    The implications in this issue are interesting. Everyone is pointing to that Hulk out but I find Joe's walking and talking with what should be a dead Banner just as intriguing.
    After he changed the wavelengths of the emitters Bushwhacker shot Joe Banner up good but he was "alive" in his puny body.
    I assumed it was because the shots occurred after he altered the gamma emitters so his healing factor was effectively returned.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I assumed it was because the shots occurred after he altered the gamma emitters so his healing factor was effectively returned.
    That’s how I read it too. Damn it how did you get that profile pic so fast? I’m jealous.

Can't wait to see what will happen in the next issue. Ewing's words about Banner making a list, and Devil Hulk not liking at all have me intrigued.

Also, what kind of crazy we'll get in the August solicits next week.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #257
    Cover Date: March 1981
    Sale Date: December 16th, 1980
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“Crypt of Chaos!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Doc Samson, General Ross, Col. Talbot, Lt. Perrywinkle, Dr. Maxwell, Captain Bowman, Dr. Hassan Kareem, Arabian Knight, Congress-Woman Ruth Messinger
    Villain: Gog and Magog
    Synopsis: We see Bruce Banner lying in the desert sands of Egypt, dying from exposure and dehydration. He’s discovered by a group of travelers and they take him back to their camp, where he spends the next the several days recovering. When he awakens, his rescuer, only going by the name Abdul, shows him that he’s in an archaeological camp in from of the tombs of Gog and Magog. Cut to New Mexico and de-facilitation on the now-defunct Gamma Base has begun. We see personnel giving Congress-Woman Messinger getting the cold shoulder as she inspects the shutdown. General Ross has some sharp words for her, but Col. Talbot exiting the base in a secret weapon called the War Wagon suddenly interrupts the exchange. Back in Egypt, Abdul introduces Banner to Dr. Hassan Kareem and we get a backstory on Gog and Magog. A sudden earthquake cuts off the group, with Banner apparently getting crushed, Dr. Kareem chanting in front of the tombs, and Abdul discovering a secret tomb that transforms him into the Arabian Knight. Gog and Magog have broken free and the Hulk rises to confront them. The Arabian Knight jumps into to help and the Hulk brushes him off after mentioning Banner. However, both are able to subdue the demons and force them back into their tombs. The Hulk leaps away and the issue ends with Rick Jones arriving at Avengers Mansion claiming he needs their help to find the Hulk.

Commentary:
    Nothing extraordinary here. Two issues into the “Global Tour” and we’re got to two new characters…although one was technically introduced in one panel back in issue #250. Whoops!

That’s how I read it too. Damn it how did you get that profile pic so fast? I’m jealous.
    I actually use the free digital issue coupon in the comic, then it was just a screen capture away

Regarding the extra Grey Hulk I mentioned, I just remembered the Hulk seen in Fantastic Four (During JMS run?) was also Grey, but didn't seem to act or really look like Fixit (He seemed a bit more Professorish when he calmed down).

https://www.cbr.com/hulk-las-vegas-illuminati/

It was also, funny enough, in Vegas.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-19-2019 at 05:59 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

A little late to the party, but damn this issue was really good!

spoilers:
    Love the new Abomination look (just curious about what's his face looks like behind those fingers), Joe was badass and that Hulk transformation scene was both amazing and terrifying!
    end of spoilers