Page 5 of 171 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Could you post the pages? Seems to be unclickable.
    I couldn't see the pages using chrome. I had to use firefox to see the preview properly!

That's the best I could do:

Immortal Hulk wins , again, an (important) award!

2018 Diamond Gem Award Products of the Year

2018 Best New Comic Book Series

Immortal Hulk
    Marvel Comics

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1...ticleID=225212

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Immortal Hulk wins , again, an (important) award!

2018 Diamond Gem Award Products of the Year

2018 Best New Comic Book Series

Immortal Hulk
    Marvel Comics

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1...ticleID=225212
    Well deserved! This is the first time I am reading a solo Hulk title and I am hooked.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I've caught up with most of the issues and I too am really enjoying this series. The story-line has been very intriguing and I certainly want to know more about The One Below All. I also find it interesting the way Hulk's powers currently work; with them only being active at night. Current Hulk is also kinda eerie which I think only adds to story's appeal.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Yeah! Can't wait to see The One Below All's true form. I keep trying to picture it in my mind.

BANNED

https://www.newsarama.com/43526-you-...2-preview.html

I felt a sense of deja vu after seeing the preview of the next issue of Immortal Hulk...seems like we can add Al Ewing to the list of writers who delve into the Hulk's TRUE backstory as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I've caught up with most of the issues and I too am really enjoying this series. The story-line has been very intriguing and I certainly want to know more about The One Below All. I also find it interesting the way Hulk's powers currently work; with them only being active at night. Current Hulk is also kinda eerie which I think only adds to story's appeal.
    It's how the Hulk's powers worked in the early silver age, at least at first. After doing some weird variations on the transformations (Such as the Hulk using a gamma ray "gun" to turn himself to the Hulk and back again), they settled on the anger/stress thing; although when the Grey Hulk re-emerged it went to that again (although in Vegas due to a spell the Fixit Hulk would also be able to operate during the daytime). There was also sort of a clever bit that the phases of the moon would also effect Banner's influence on the Hulk as well.

I think it was in part to tie in the Hulk with other classic monsters; Frankenstein and Hyde of course are the primary influence, but there's a little werewolf there too.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post

I felt a sense of deja vu after seeing the preview of the next issue of Immortal Hulk...seems like we can add Al Ewing to the list of writers who delve into the Hulk's TRUE backstory as a character.
    Frankly, I can't think of another Hulk writer who's used as much PAD content as Ewing has. Most prefer to try to carve their own niche (Jenkins, for example) than use the past to build on their current story

That's true. Not only because he loves the character so much, but also because he has an encyclopedic knowledge of his history and continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's how the Hulk's powers worked in the early silver age, at least at first. After doing some weird variations on the transformations (Such as the Hulk using a gamma ray "gun" to turn himself to the Hulk and back again), they settled on the anger/stress thing; although when the Grey Hulk re-emerged it went to that again (although in Vegas due to a spell the Fixit Hulk would also be able to operate during the daytime). There was also sort of a clever bit that the phases of the moon would also effect Banner's influence on the Hulk as well.

I think it was in part to tie in the Hulk with other classic monsters; Frankenstein and Hyde of course are the primary influence, but there's a little werewolf there too.
    I wasn't sure how I was going to like this more horror influenced take on the Hulk, but I've come to enjoy it. I like the homage to the other classic monsters as well. While I don't want this to be permanent, I don't mind it for the time being.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Frankly, I can't think of another Hulk writer who's used as much PAD content as Ewing has. Most prefer to try to carve their own niche (Jenkins, for example) than use the past to build on their current story
    What about Pak ?...He used a bit of it during his time writing the Hulk.

Ultimate Member

What about Pak ?...He used a bit of it during his time writing the Hulk.
    Like what? I can't remember much of PAD stuff with Pak, save for references to Trauma and the Troyjans

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Like what? I can't remember much of PAD stuff with Pak, save for references to Trauma and the Troyjans
    Pak is much more influenced by Bill Mantlo's run. Ewing has many influences, one of them being the very first issued from the Incredible Hulk.