Page 51 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Oh yeah!

Btw, about the Devil Hulk and the list, I don't doubt Ewing is playing with us again; pulling the rug out from under our feet, just like He said he would several times.
    Yeah, let’s put it like this. The list is not anything like I expected it to be lol.

This book has so many great moments, I just finished it as I got in to work.

-Bruce comes to, dressed to the nines, Fixit has been up to his antics and brilliantly hiding

-Probably my favourite moment, Bruce lampshades that Joe has a distinct way of talking and groans at "hav[ing] to do his voice". As a kid, when I was pretending to be Grey Hulk, i always would give him a faux New York/ Noir Tough Guy voice for fun, glad to see that it's canon that he does sound distinct.

-We get back to Leonard and Gamma Flight for a bit and there's reactions to Hulk's latest M.O.

-Harpy revealed!

-There's a nifty scene where we do get Banner and the Hulk categorizing the different incarnations. Another great scene, because it also does show that Bruce and Hulk are on the same page

-The levity is shot in the knees, dragged out kicking and screaming and thrown into the sea while wearing concrete shoes as we see Abomination in action and GOOD G O D, does he live up to his name. I really wasn't prepared for that (and neither was the Hulk). This....this reminds me that this is a HORROR book and man, as traumatizing as it is, this book continues to be so dang compelling! Can't wait for more!
    Last edited by Shockdingo; 05-29-2019 at 06:19 AM.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

That lady that's dead on the ground looks like the lady from the Motel in #18, and it looks like she was shot in the head by the solider who is dead on the ground next to her, probably so she wouldn't tell anyone what she saw. I'm guessing Betty saw that woman get shot and recognized that that was one of Forsyth's men and killed him.
    Also there's that decapitated ladies head for issue #18 as well. So I'm guessing Betty and McGee track Hulk to the motel and find this.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Preview art by Joe Bennett!

That lady that's dead on the ground looks like the lady from the Motel in #18, and it looks like she was shot in the head by the solider who is dead on the ground next to her, probably so she wouldn't tell anyone what she saw. I'm guessing Betty saw that woman get shot and recognized that that was one of Forsyth's men and killed him.
    Also there's that decapitated ladies head for issue #18 as well. So I'm guessing Betty and McGee track Hulk to the motel and find this.

Spectacular Member

So is Bruce going bad? Or is he delusional in thinking he can right what he and the "Maes-" see as the world's ills. Samson doesn't seem to think murder is in Bruce or any thinking incarnation but that doesn't mean he couldn't try to take over. Or is it that yes "Maes-" is a bad guy and it's as Titania said to Samson, it's what the Good Guy(Bruce) does back that worries her? Of course when Devil hulk was fighting abomination he was looking out for the welfare of the other woman. So who would be the "Bad Guy"(Fortean, Millitary, Government?) and is it the carnage Bruce and the Devi Hulk are about to unleash as the Good Guys that Titania was worried about?
    Last edited by Uggha; 05-29-2019 at 08:53 AM.

As a Reno resident I'm glad to see it used as the setting fir a few issues of the best comic out right now.

Also, my interpretation of what Banner said.isbthatbat least the Devil Hulk isn't calling himself you-know-what, rather than that he should.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I'm loving this whole body horror vibe.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    This book has so many great moments, I just finished it as I got in to work.

-Bruce comes to, dressed to the nines, Fixit has been up to his antics and brilliantly hiding

-Probably my favourite moment, Bruce lampshades that Joe has a distinct way of talking and groans at "hav[ing] to do his voice". As a kid, when I was pretending to be Grey Hulk, i always would give him a faux New York/ Noir Tough Guy voice for fun, glad to see that it's canon that he does sound distinct.

-We get back to Leonard and Gamma Flight for a bit and there's reactions to Hulk's latest M.O.

-Harpy revealed!

-There's a nifty scene where we do get Banner and the Hulk categorizing the different incarnations. Another great scene, because it also does show that Bruce and Hulk are on the same page

-The levity is shot in the knees, dragged out kicking and screaming and thrown into the sea while wearing concrete shoes as we see Abomination in action and GOOD G O D, does he live up to his name. I really wasn't prepared for that (and neither was the Hulk). This....this reminds me that this is a HORROR book and man, as traumatizing as it is, this book continues to be so dang compelling! Can't wait for more!
    The list about the incarnations was my favorite thing from this stellar book! How this "system" is going to work is one of the things that excite me the most about it. What kind of surprises will come?!

The Abomination...Pure horror, huh? When you guys see him in action, this will be even more explicit!

Quote Originally Posted by Uggha View Post
    So is Bruce going bad? Or is he delusional in thinking he can right what he and the "Maes-" see as the world's ills. Samson doesn't seem to think murder is in Bruce or any thinking incarnation but that doesn't mean he couldn't try to take over. Or is it that yes "Maes-" is a bad guy and it's as Titania said to Samson, it's what the Good Guy(Bruce) does back that worries her? Of course when Devil hulk was fighting abomination he was looking out for the welfare of the other woman. So who would be the "Bad Guy"(Fortean, Millitary, Government?) and is it the carnage Bruce and the Devi Hulk are about to unleash as the Good Guys that Titania was worried about?
    Again, you always so many good questions! One of the things that make me think is: we know that the Devil (?) Hulk is always influencing Banner. Also, we've seen Joe taking over (without the physical change) Banner. The thing is: are all those incarnations mentioned influencing Banner, Devil Hulk, Fixit and each other? What kind of effect this could have in the future? As far as the dynamics goes, we basically have zero information on how it works!

I think the thing to keep in mind is that Bruce (the entirety of the singular being, with all personalities included) is a crazy person.

Looking for hard and fast rules of whose in control, or the exact rules of what causes the change etc. Is ultimately futile.

Start with that kind of mindset, and you'll end up like Carol Danvers, thinking she can take Bruce alive when he's Already Dead.

I wouldn't be shocked to find Bruce transforming during the day time, given sufficient motivation. Though who would be in control is anyone's guess.

And now, some glowing reviews!

Comicsverse

THE IMMORTAL HULK #18 is a perfect comic book. It tells an engrossing story, includes top-notch character development, and has absolutely stupendous artwork. Al Ewing, Joe Bennett, and co. deserve all the accolades they’re getting.
    (100%)

https://comicsverse.com/immortal-hulk-18-review/

Monkeys Fighting Robots

THE IMMORTAL HULK #18 brings with it a whole new level of horror that shocks even those familiar with Ewing’s current storyline. His narrative successfully employs the Joe Fixit focus to reinvigorate the Shadow Base plot that’s been behind every event of the run so far.
    (4.1/5)

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/rev...ortal-hulk-18/

Comicbook.com

Immortal Hulk is doing an excellent job of juggling plot threads as the series continues to divide itself between more characters and settings. The newest issue provides some much needed answers to past cliffhangers, stokes tension around the series’ grand design, and introduces one of the most horrifying monsters in any Marvel comic to date. Each new detail about the recently returned Abomination builds on the what was already a terrifying introduction, and this nightmare has both visceral and psychic qualities. Immortal Hulk remains a steamroller of a superhero comic, and it seems that #19 will only make it all the more powerful and fear-inducing.
    (5/5)

https://comicbook.com/comics/2019/05...arvel-image/#7

Comics The Gathering

With sales figures, awards nominations, and nigh-universal acclaim verifying their storytelling talent, the creators of the Immortal Hulk forge confidently ahead with a delightful dose of long-form storytelling. #18 fascinates even though the big fights and twists are largely restricted to foreshadowing. The creators believe their story is compelling enough to keep readers riveted even in its quieter moments. They're absolutely right.
    (9/10)

https://www.comicsthegathering.com/r...hulk-18-review

Weird Science

This reviewer can totally see why sales of this book appear to be on the rise. It’s dark, violent, fun, action-packed, grotesque, thought-provoking, and incorporates so much of the Hulk’s history in such a creative way. It’s fast-paced and easy to follow. However, Ewing doesn’t hold the reader’s hand throughout the story either. He works so well with his creative team to tell a story that is truly a work of art. Ewing’s imagination for the Hulk, Banner, and his different personas cleverly connects multiple storylines and years of the character in a way that brings in new readers while pulling at the elements of the big green goliath that drive the old fans to truly see how “immortal” Hulk really is. Ewing has done his research and it showed throughout this issue. If you aren’t reading IMMORTAL HULK, you’re missing out. Pick it up and put it on your pull list immediately. You won’t be disappointed.
    (9.6/10)

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...view-al-ewing/

AIPT!
    An exercise in necessity (and that’s not just a clever metatextual play on this issues’ subtitle). This is an issue with a lot of meat on its bones. There’s exposition, development, action, chills, terrors, and a whole lot of things that go bump in the night. It is story delivered inside spine-tingling spectacle and it’s another must-read issue of Marvel’s best title.
    (9/10)

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...iew-necessary/

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

My god. What an issue. What a series! Can’t predict where we’re going in the slightest.
    So...if we’re to try and predict ahead. Where do we see this going?
    So far, we know it’s a 4 act story

Act 1: Climaxed with Hulk in Hell and dealt with The One Below All, who was hijacking gamma people.
    Act 2: Seems to mainly involve all the Hulks supporting cast and villains, up against Shadow Base. Will this culminate in The Leader?
    Act 3: I have genuinely no idea.
    Act 4: something involving the one below all again?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    My god. What an issue. What a series! Can’t predict where we’re going in the slightest.
    So...if we’re to try and predict ahead. Where do we see this going?
    So far, we know it’s a 4 act story

Act 1: Climaxed with Hulk in Hell and dealt with The One Below All, who was hijacking gamma people.
    Act 2: Seems to mainly involve all the Hulks supporting cast and villains, up against Shadow Base. Will this culminate in The Leader?
    Act 3: I have genuinely no idea.
    Act 4: something involving the one below all again?
    I really can't!

About Act 2, I'd love to see the Leader in the end. Can you imagine how a revamped Leader by Ewing and Bennett?!

Act 3: I think we'll finally get One Below All glimpses again, growing into something much more dangerous with more ways to influence our world. Notice that Ewing has said that we would see more of TOBA in the future. It didn't seem like he was talking about the " final act". Also, Bennett has shared ( i posted the pic a couple of pages ago) art with Banner facing his dad in a strange landscape. It might be much sooner than we think, really.

Act4: No idea. But if I were to take a guess, I'd say there will be big answers about the nature of the Hulk, about what He is, what he can do and where it comes from. We'll finally know who was that omniscient narrator from the Hulk in Hell arc!

Obviously, we could be completely wrong about everything. LOL

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uggha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    As a Reno resident I'm glad to see it used as the setting fir a few issues of the best comic out right now.

Also, my interpretation of what Banner said.isbthatbat least the Devil Hulk isn't calling himself you-know-what, rather than that he should.
    I thinking it's a matter of perspective. Samson mentioned that to an immortal being like the Hulk, humans "destroying" the Earth is something that would take a very long to happen so thus it would only effect Banner/Hulk (as seen in Hulk: The End) after everyone else is dead. So technically he isn't a maniac like Maestro is in the sense that he wants to change civilization for the better to insure the survival of the planet. Now obviously to an everyday person that might sound like genocide, but to the Hulk it's more like cleansing a infection.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I thinking it's a matter of perspective. Samson mentioned that to an immortal being like the Hulk, humans "destroying" the Earth is something that would take a very long to happen so thus it would only effect Banner/Hulk (as seen in Hulk: The End) after everyone else is dead. So technically he isn't a maniac like Maestro is in the sense that he wants to change civilization for the better to insure the survival of the planet. Now obviously to an everyday person that might sound like genocide, but to the Hulk it's more like cleansing a infection.
    That was a very interesting point about his Immortality.

Btw, Abomination concept art by Joe Bennett!

Damn it...They are Rick Jones copies in agony!

One more review:

The Super Powered Fancast

The Story: Al Ewing keeps a darkly entertaining tone to this issue and this series and it works for the character on several levels. This issue hits on all the complex aspects of Hulk’s world including psychological damage, science run amok, destruction, government conspiracies and everyone hunting for both Banner and Hulk. It also adds an effective element of horror and suspense as well. Banner and Hulk’s legacy are fertile ground to cover and Ewing does it with style in this series.

The Art: Joe Bennett delivers some incredible and detailed art throughout this issue. He frames many of the pages to increase the tension and sense of foreboding. An amazing looking issue.
    (9.3/10)

https://www.superpoweredfancast.com/...ulk-18-review/