Page 52 of 171 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I thinking it's a matter of perspective. Samson mentioned that to an immortal being like the Hulk, humans "destroying" the Earth is something that would take a very long to happen so thus it would only effect Banner/Hulk (as seen in Hulk: The End) after everyone else is dead. So technically he isn't a maniac like Maestro is in the sense that he wants to change civilization for the better to insure the survival of the planet. Now obviously to an everyday person that might sound like genocide, but to the Hulk it's more like cleansing a infection.
    It's kind of ironic that the Hulk/s were set loose in an accident involving the biggest bomb ever conceived built by Bruce Banner. Wonder why the Devil hulk let him do that? I've always thought it interesting how superpowers of Marvel's geniuses are often representative of their intellects and displays of invention. Reed's power is elasticity and his inventions include unstable molecules, universal translator, negative zone portal, various ships to explore the multiverse, etc. His mind is very "elastic" and his intellect is a wide ranging expertise in a large number of disciplines. Bruce/the Hulk power is limitless strength/stamina/durability and how does his genius manifest? Building the biggest bomb ever invented utilizing gamma radiation one of the most powerful natural phenomena in the universe. Other inventions include the Orion missile, the Absorbatron, impenetrable shields, Old Power pistol, etc.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Very god points. I wonder if all this tragedy would have happened if his proposal of spontaneous formation of gamma particles in a vacuum was accepted instead of having to apply his genius to develop the biggest bomb ever. When I think about it, it would be incredibly similar to what Brian was researching! Maybe Banner would also have his contact with TOBA. fate, I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    God damn, I've never really loved any of the designs for Abomination before, but that is awesome.
    I admit I love this Abomination but tbh I think I would be more frightened of this "Blood" Harpy. She puts the fear of God into me for some reason . She is one scary lady.

09.jpg

what is behind the new form of the abomination? What is his (their?) agenda?

horrible way to go for the taxi driver. (spoilers)
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...immortal-hulk/

Man. Al and Joe would be a great creative team for my other fav green character over at DC.

Swamp Thing.

Can you imagine the Horror they could create there.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckdad View Post
    I admit I love this Abomination but tbh I think I would be more frightened of this "Blood" Harpy. She puts the fear of God into me for some reason . She is one scary lady.

09.jpg
    She is. But I guess I would piss in my pants If I saw the Abomination, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Man. Al and Joe would be a great creative team for my other fav green character over at DC.

Swamp Thing.

Can you imagine the Horror they could create there.
    Yeah, he could do a legendary run in ST too!

Immortal Hulk #19 variant by Mike Deodato Jr.

I have always loved Deodato’s Hulk.

I loved reading Abominable for the art alone.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by canuckdad View Post

https://community.cbr.com/attachment...3&d=1559176650
    It's interesting just how different this version of the Betty-Harpy is from the original. The original was basically the almost-unaltered head, shoulders and arms of a woman plonked on the body of a bird (basically, the only difference to the human parts, other than the green, was some vampire-style fangs).

Overall, this Harpy is much more humanoid... but the forearms and lower legs are both transformed (with the legs particularly birdlike), as is the neck, and the head... it's not birdlike, but with the distending jaw, no back teeth and some other changes, it's definitely not the unaltered face of Betty. The effect is less birdlike, but also less "half of this and half of this."
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 05-30-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    It's interesting just how different this version of the Betty-Harpy is from the original. The original was basically the almost-unaltered head, shoulders and arms of a woman plonked on the body of a bird (basically, the only difference to the human parts, other than the green, was some vampire-style fangs).

Overall, this Harpy is much more humanoid... but the forearms and lower legs are both transformed (with the legs particularly birdlike), as is the neck, and the head... it's not birdlike, but with the distending jaw, no back teeth and some other changes, it's definitely not the unaltered face of Betty. The effect is less birdlike, but also less "half of this and half of this."
    I wonder what the effect of the cosmic + gamma rays had on Betty, considering her colour now. Knowing Ewing, I'm sure He knows all the stuff.

I'm late to the party but damn this issue was so good!!!!!!!!!! Abomination's design is truly messed up and the way Ewing/Bennett revealed his "true face" was perfect. Also the way the Abomination killed his victims is just horrifying, pure horror.

The Harpy is really scary too and I love that little "talk" between Bruce and Hulk and Bruce's analysis of his personas. So yeah perfect issue for me

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    That was a very interesting point about his Immortality.

Btw, Abomination concept art by Joe Bennett!

Damn it...They are Rick Jones copies in agony!
    Thanks for the concept art, Abomination is really living up to his name lol but seriously amazing work by Bennett!

Kind of curious how Rick will be as a character going forward. The upcoming issue summaries seem to indicate that he might become a darker persona perhaps? He always seemed to be one of the lighter characters in Hulk and the other books he's been in.

Given that some of the new Gamma beings seem to be 'mixed' versions of the character's other gamma incarnations I wonder how the Leader would work. The last few years he's mostly been his usual "big forehead" self, but there was also the PAD version with the more brainy look and the Red leader from Thunderbolts.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-31-2019 at 02:13 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious how Rick will be as a character going forward. The upcoming issue summaries seem to indicate that he might become a darker persona perhaps? He always seemed to be one of the lighter characters in Hulk and the other books he's been in.

Given that some of the new Gamma beings seem to be 'mixed' versions of the character's other gamma incarnations I wonder how the Leader would work. The last few years he's mostly been his usual "big forehead" self, but there was also the PAD version with the more brainy look and the Red leader from Thunderbolts.
    Funny that someone mentioned the Leader to Ewing today:

@Al_Ewing
    is the leader under utilized ? also the rectangular head with pencil thin mustache or watermelon head version? Thoughts

@VictorVonZoom
    1) I think the Leader’s about as utilised as I want him to be right at this very moment. And 2) - whatever Joe’s version turns out to be.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...877932545?s=20

The idea that the Maestro is just the Devil Hulk organizing and conducting all the personalities was fascinating to me. Like we were finally getting an origin story to this alternate universe monster that conquered the world. More than that, we have a real feel of stakes, because if Bruce commits to the game plan as implied, he may just do it to the 616.

The way This story is blending old story arcs into the current tale is just effortless. Such an insane run.

We did sort of have a recent "Could this be the Maestro?" storyline during the Doc Green era.

Speaking of which, anybody feel that Duggan's run is underrated? It felt like a breath of fresh air after the Aaron and Waid runs, and I think was much better than a lot of Pak's more recent Hulk work.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth