Page 55 of 171 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Can't wait to see the preview for #19 later today!

Exclusive SDCCS Immortal Hulk #20 by Alex Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Never i guess, kinda depressing when you think about.
    Honestly, as somebody prone to depression I'm happier reading Hulk then a more upbeat book

Not sure why.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Honestly, as somebody prone to depression I'm happier reading Hulk then a more upbeat book

Not sure why.
    Me too man, probably because i honestly haven't enjoyed Hulk this much in a long time... Ewing is killing it.

Speaking of Ewing he is pretty chill he answers questions all the time, i saw him answer recently that he is considering bringing in U-foes and at least 1 villain that Hulk has never fought in the comics.

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Me too man, probably because i honestly haven't enjoyed Hulk this much in a long time... Ewing is killing it.

Speaking of Ewing he is pretty chill he answers questions all the time, i saw him answer recently that he is considering bringing in U-foes and at least 1 villain that Hulk has never fought in the comics.

Can't wait.
    I 'd love to see what he and Bennett could do with Galaxy Master, for example!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I 'd love to see what he and Bennett could do with Galaxy Master, for example!
    Or Madman, or Mercy.

...Half-Life...

There are a lot of old Hulk villains that would do great with a bit of the Ewing/Bennett Horror spitshine.

Madman is one with a lot of potential.

Exclusive SDCCS Immortal Hulk #20 by Alex Ross

simply stunning
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Madman is one with a lot of potential.
    I'd say he'd dead, but then gamma...

Incredible Hulk Suicide Page Pulled by Marvel From Print Edition of Last Call

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...pulled-marvel/

I honestly don't know how I feel about this.

Fantastic Member

Incredible Hulk Suicide Page Pulled by Marvel From Print Edition of Last Call

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...pulled-marvel/

I honestly don't know how I feel about this.
    I feel like they are overreacting on this. I understand the intent behind removing them but the comic did not show any new or elaborate way one can kill himself... Jumping off from a high altitude, swallowing pills, putting a gun to their mouth... Everyone already knows about this options. I feel like they are ignoring the message of the comic. Bruce is at an all time low, he lost Betty in fact he blames himself for her death, he is very suicidal but at the end of it, he still manages to find a will to live. I think the message of the comic is important.

Even then if we are just gonna censor suicides or even attempted suicides from all media as if such a thing doesn't exist in real life do we truly think we are doing any good here? Ignoring something wont make it go away and it's not gonna help those who struggle with it.

iMan 42s

The Hulk is a weird superhero in this regard because people are just more familiar with the smashing and "monster movie" tropes that we tend to forget that Bruce's life is awful. There is nothing fun about being the Hulk and it's frankly no wonder Bruce is on occasion suicidal.
    But that's a really hard sell to the mass audience and given that no multi-media depiction of Bruce ever made it that far, I'm not surprised people might be shocked over Bruce's mindset.

But considering the current incarnation of the character which has been astoundingly successful has eaten a guy and has to die to attain his powers, I'm more shocked Marvel took action with this as opposed to Immortal Hulk. Although it really makes me want an Immortal Hulk movie so this all balances out.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I'm glad that PAD addressed this topic both now and in the past. It doesn't get the attention, but suicide is more common than homicide in the US and likely other similar countries as well, though I didn't check.

Yet we seem to ignore it as a society, wanting to Bru's it under the rug and ignore the conversation.

Fantastic Member

Suicide is a no-no, but graphic depictions of Ares being ripped in half or Bruce having an arrow through the brain --perfectly fine!

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

#19 preview, looks like the Immortal Hulk might've met his match!

IMMORTAL-HULK-19-3.jpg
    IMMORTAL-HULK-19-4.jpg
    IMMORTAL-HULK-19-5.jpg

If these images aren't viewable, you can fine the preview here: https://graphicpolicy.com/2019/06/07...ortal-hulk-19/