Page 56 of 171 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Immortal Hulk Still Outselling Batman

In April, more comic book retailers in North America ordered copies of the ongoing series of The Immortal Hulk, than they did of Batman. This is the first time that an ongoing series has beaten Batman two months in a row that I can recall. Previously it’s only been high profile event mini-series, from Doomsday Clock to The Batman Who Laughs to Metal, or anniversary issues such as Amazing Spider-Man #800. But this isn’t the case for Immortal Hulk by Al Ewing, Joe Bennett and Paul Mounts who have built sales upon sales upon sales over one-and-a-half yearsand giving Marvel Comics a success story they could never have anticipated.

Last month’s issues orders were dismissed by some as reflecting a very fine tiered cover, one copy available to retailers for every 25 copies they ordered, bumping the numbers. But twice in a month is less easy to dismiss.

Amazing Spider-Man also gets an issue over Batman, courtesy of its Hunted event storyline and added discount from Marvel to retailers , but the subsequent issue was ordered with fewer copies. And, yes, Batman, like Amazing Spider-Man, is twice-monthly – but that won’t be true for 2020…

Here are those top tens again.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...elling-batman/

*So much for a 1:25 variant (which accounts for 2k-3k) being the only thing responsible for the great sales*

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Immortal Hulk Still Outselling Batman

In April, more comic book retailers in North America ordered copies of the ongoing series of The Immortal Hulk, than they did of Batman. This is the first time that an ongoing series has beaten Batman two months in a row that I can recall. Previously it’s only been high profile event mini-series, from Doomsday Clock to The Batman Who Laughs to Metal, or anniversary issues such as Amazing Spider-Man #800. But this isn’t the case for Immortal Hulk by Al Ewing, Joe Bennett and Paul Mounts who have built sales upon sales upon sales over one-and-a-half yearsand giving Marvel Comics a success story they could never have anticipated.

Last month’s issues orders were dismissed by some as reflecting a very fine tiered cover, one copy available to retailers for every 25 copies they ordered, bumping the numbers. But twice in a month is less easy to dismiss.

Amazing Spider-Man also gets an issue over Batman, courtesy of its Hunted event storyline and added discount from Marvel to retailers , but the subsequent issue was ordered with fewer copies. And, yes, Batman, like Amazing Spider-Man, is twice-monthly – but that won’t be true for 2020…

Here are those top tens again.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...elling-batman/

*So much for a 1:25 variant (which accounts for 2k-3k) being the only thing responsible for the great sales*
    Maybe thats why they are taking the writer off Batman and making his run a limited series.

Don't need sales tricks when you have a quality product.

Yeah, Ptrvc!

By the way, Joe sent me these pages (minus the first one) about two weeks ago. But seeing them with the dialogue adds so much!

This Abomination is a beast! Hulk can't even heal from the acid!

If it does that to the Hulk, who's as tough as it gets, I imagine what it could do to punier characters.

Yeah, Ptrvc!

By the way, Joe sent me these pages (minus the first one) about two weeks ago. But seeing them with the dialogue adds so much!

This Abomination is a beast! Hulk can't even heal from the acid!

If it does that to the Hulk, who's as tough as it gets, I imagine what it could do to punier characters.
    We'll see if it has some sort of specific anti-hulk anti-gamma properties. Because if not, Gah.

Obviously Hulk us going to recover as we see he has hands in other previews, but geeze.

I wonder whose voice in red is from. Harpy's?

Someone who is anger, rage, violence and fear.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I had to check to make sure, but Betty doesn't have a specialized red dialog box instead it's that scraggly type-- but it's possible. Though, I think it's likely that it's Abominaion's/whomever's controlling his body.

Fantastic Member

I was thinking about the red box dialogue myself. I personally think it's TOBA.

We know Hulks gonna have a round 2 with him fairly soon. And the way Al described him he should be pretty much omnipresent the way TOAA is, so he should be watching and following everything that is going on.

And i think he is always keeping an eye on Hulk or maybe in this case even Abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    I was thinking about the red box dialogue myself. I personally think it's TOBA.

We know Hulks gonna have a round 2 with him fairly soon. And the way Al described him he should be pretty much omnipresent the way TOAA is, so he should be watching and following everything that is going on.

And i think he is always keeping an eye on Hulk or maybe in this case even Abomination.
    Bingo.

I think he's puppeting Abomination on some level. Interestingly though he's Fortean's anger Hulk's Rage and Pain the woman's fear.

Creepy.

I was thinking about the solicits. It says that all it feels is hate. The voice has a lot of hate and rage. It could be TOBA, indeed. Powerful as Abomination is, it could be a great vessel. But isn't it too soon? I find it strange, and if it's not TOBA, who could it be?

I was thinking about the solicits. It says that all it feels is hate. The voice has a lot of hate and rage. It could be TOBA, indeed. Powerful as Abomination is, it could be a great vessel. But isn't it too soon? I find it strange, and if it's not TOBA, who could it be?
    I'm guessing it's not quite as cut and dry as when he was manipulating Sasquatch and Creel through Brian Banner. I think he still needs an agent like Brian to do that.

I’m thrilled to see the Hulk doing so well as this run is nothing short of a modern masterpiece!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Do you think that, much like when Brian Banner did in is gamma research, the SB took knowledge of TOBA? After all, they saw what happened to Burbank.