Page 57 of 171 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Some old and new pencils from Immortal Hulk #19 by Joe Bennett:

Fantastic Member

Those look awesome and damn... innocent people really be dying left and right in this book.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Those look awesome and damn... innocent people really be dying left and right in this book.
    it's an all-out warzone at this point lol

It's a horror book, after all.

iMan 42s

Just OMG I dig the new Abomination. Those panels just really make my day
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Something I forgot to post here:

I do have plans for the Hulk to face at least one villain I don't think he ever has before.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...612319744?s=20

I wonder who! Suggestions and/or one You would like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Something I forgot to post here:

I do have plans for the Hulk to face at least one villain I don't think he ever has before.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...612319744?s=20

I wonder who! Suggestions and/or one You would like to see?
    Mephisto maybe?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Mephisto maybe?
    Hulk has fought Mephisto in the past, so probably not. My personal guess is it's possibly Shuma Gorath, he feels like he would fit the horror theme and Ewing has written him in the past.

The problem is Shuma should be massively out of Hulks league, but than again TOBA should be way above Shuma, so it's not impossible, Al isn't the one to shy away from giving Hulk a challenge.

Looks like that first page (not included in the preview) is Ross, Betty, and Fortean, looks like Fortean's talking about the butterfly stuck in the Spider's web for some reason. Looks like it's set in the past, hence the "Now" on the later pages.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Y'know I don't think Hulk's ever fought a symbiote apart from some mail-away comic in the 90's with Venom. He's fought other Spidey rogues-Rhino being the most visible one (Rhino's even got a bit of gamma) Sandman, and Doc Ock a few times, and of course we met the Green Goblin in an issue where Hulk was the guest star....but I can't think of any major confrontations with Venom or Carnage.

Lizard could also be an interesting opponent, especially given both character's duality. Plus for some reason the Lizard also has purple pants.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 06-08-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I guess He'll meet Carnage in his event tie in. Anyway, I think more powerful characters should be a better fit, because none of those would pose a threat at all nowadays. Ewing likes to challenge the Hulk after all.

I'd search for powerful X-Men villains. Someone from Dr. Strange's enemies could also be cool!

About old/classic Hulk villains that should be reimagined by the brilliant Ewing/Bennett combo, I'd love to see Galaxy Master (people who know me are tired of hearing that; lol). I suggested that a Lovecraftian approach would be perfect, and a friend of mine posted an amazing picture that could be used as a template! It's incredible.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Y'know I don't think Hulk's ever fought a symbiote apart from some mail-away comic in the 90's with Venom. He's fought other Spidey rogues-Rhino being the most visible one (Rhino's even got a bit of gamma) Sandman, and Doc Ock a few times, and of course we met the Green Goblin in an issue where Hulk was the guest star....but I can't think of any major confrontations with Venom or Carnage.

Lizard could also be an interesting opponent, especially given both character's duality. Plus for some reason the Lizard also has purple pants.
    There's gonna be a 1-shot and a "after credits" for issue #20, for the upcoming Absolute Carnage event. I think they're gonna have him job out, but I ain't gonna lie and say I'm not excited.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Maybe thats why they are taking the writer off Batman and making his run a limited series.
    More like Harras took advantage of softening numbers ahead of City Of Bane to remove a writer he didn't like on Batman - off Batman. Couldn't do it when it was selling so high.

Top 100 Most-Ordered Comics and Graphic Novels For May 2019 – As Heroes In Crisis and The War Of The Realms Drop Out of the Top Ten

These are the 100 most-ordered comics and graphic novels in the North American direct market serviced by Diamond Comic Distributors in May 2019. We looked at top tens, marketshare and sales drops on Friday, here’s a slightly fuller picture. And while Immortal Hulk #17 did indeed outsell both Batman regular issues for the month, Immortal Hulk #18 did not. Had fewer variant covers. Still a remarkable acheivement for the series though, placing two issues in a crowded top twenty. Notably The War Of The Realms and Heroes In Crisis were both out of the top ten completely, as Walking Dead was also pushed almost out of the top thirty, with Uncanny, Action Comics, Star Wars and Flash, far better performers in previous months are now all out of the top thirty. And no one talk about Wolverine Infinity Watch… oh, no one is. Might be the problem.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...ealms-top-ten/

I'm so happy with all the success. Even with less variants, #18 still is still close to the top 10 (with 3 number ones, btw!), and outselling "biggest event evah" War of the Realms #4 and everything else; it doesn't matter if it's Cate's Venom, Snyder's JL, Aaron's Avengers, Bendi's Superman, Morrisson's Gl, etc.!