Page 59 of 171 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    I relate to the Hulk way too much. We both get upset a lot. However, I've been working on controlling my anger (although I remember Bruce Banner was doing that at the beginning of the 2008 Hulk film, which I saw at my aunt Margaret's house years ago.)
    Both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Both of us.
    Probably most of us.

Fantastic Member

Yea, i think a lot of Hulk fans relate to that specific aspect of the Hulk. One thing that actually makes me a little sad about Immortal Hulk is that the anger aspect is not really all that explored here, there were some moments but it almost feels like Devil Hulk persona does not even rely or get stronger with anger as almost every other Hulk persona does.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Yea, i think a lot of Hulk fans relate to that specific aspect of the Hulk. One thing that actually makes me a little sad about Immortal Hulk is that the anger aspect is not really all that explored here, there were some moments but it almost feels like Devil Hulk persona does not even rely or get stronger with anger as almost every other Hulk persona does.
    If he gets too angry it seems like the Savage takes over.

The anger is there, but it's colder, more focused. Look at the trash talk he's been handing out to everybody. He's got it under control but it's there.

Well said, Devil Hulk focus his anger to avenge the things He see as wrong. We can see that when He was introduced in No Surrender. Until He talks, after He destroys the vision, we thought he was an angry, almost mindless Hulk.

And, yeah, it seems the "Big Guy" comes out if he loses it. Maybe something even worse; mindless, perhaps.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    If he gets too angry it seems like the Savage takes over.

The anger is there, but it's colder, more focused. Look at the trash talk he's been handing out to everybody. He's got it under control but it's there.
    Yea i asked Al about this before, he told me it's not really the burning anger we are used to but more so the cold silent rage and he also told me Devil Hulk wont be able to get too angry because he would revert to Savage Hulk persona which is the failsafe.

The anger is there, but it's not really a big part of Hulk like it usually is, which is the one thing i slightly regret about this run.

Yea i asked Al about this before, he told me it's not really the burning anger we are used to but more so the cold silent rage and he also told me Devil Hulk wont be able to get too angry because he would revert to Savage Hulk persona which is the failsafe.

The anger is there, but it's not really a big part of Hulk like it usually is, which is the one thing i slightly regret about this run.
    But, for example, did you like the Grey Hulk, when he was writen (and somewhat introduced) by PAD?

iMan 42s

That's actually something I love about Devil Hulk. He's focused and anger with intent is far scarier than indiscriminate violence. In the first issue, he's angry. And all of that comes down on one guy and he might never have his normal life back even if he serves his time. That's anger that's f---ed.

BTW just finished the third trade,
    132672a5e5ceb2ac893841bdeafc4172b6825386fa73c60e8e764b82a78c1097_1.jpg

How do you guys deal with the wait, gah it's killing me
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The wait is terrible! Specially the one when we had a gap of 6 weeks between two issues.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    But, for example, did you like the Grey Hulk, when he was writen (and somewhat introduced) by PAD?
    I did like Fixit, yea. And i am not saying i don't like Immortal Hulk, i love Devil Hulk. Next to Green Scar he is my favorite Hulk personality. I love this whole book more than i can express into words but a small part of me is sad that we don't get that Hulk gets really pissed off moment where he just fucks shit up. We kinda do, but if he goes to overboard he turns to Savage Hulk which is the only decision from Ewing so far that i am not really a fan of.

I did like Fixit, yea. And i am not saying i don't like Immortal Hulk, i love Devil Hulk. Next to Green Scar he is my favorite Hulk personality. I love this whole book more than i can express into words but a small part of me is sad that we don't get that Hulk gets really pissed off moment where he just fucks shit up. We kinda do, but if he goes to overboard he turns to Savage Hulk which is the only decision from Ewing so far that i am not really a fan of.
    Knowing Ewing, the dynamics will change a lot, in unexpected ways. Banner just started to list "The Hulks" so far. I think we'll see that there more than those in the future. Devil Hulk mentions that huge Rage Mindless Hulk as being destroyed and locked in the same place He once was. Is it really true? Maybe things are not that simple! Not with the Hulk.

Some sketches by Joe Bennett!

Pretty interesting question by Subzero89 to Al Ewing (and how He answers it):

SubNero
    @NeroSub89

Hey Al i was wondering just a random question that hasn't been discussed much. Whats your opinion on how fast Hulk is? It's usually a part of him that isn't much explored, though i think Mark Waid did a fantastic job exploring it in his Indestructible Hulk run.

Do you think he is a slow lumbering brute capable of only explosive bursts of speed when he is jumping, or do you think he is capable of moving his arms and legs quite fast in combat situations when he needs to? Anyway, have a great day.

Al Ewing Writes Comics
    @Al_Ewing

Hmm - that's a toughie. I think he can move pretty fast if he wants to, but I'm not sure I could assign him a top speed or anything. I do think reaction time probably varies between the personas, though, and that's a big part of it.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...932895745?s=20

Killed and reborn, dismembered and reformed.

Hulk->Frankenstein->Dionysus->Osiris->???