Page 65 of 171 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Yeah, back in those days the Bendis rule of storytelling was in effect. Meaning, continuity wasn't as important if it got in the way of telling your story (mainly due to the fact Bendis wrote his issues months in advance) Events were the "continuity".

Now, events are less important, and Ewing stipulated when he took over the title, he didn't want to crossover or participate in events until he got his footing on the title.

Hopefully, Marvel sees that a love of the character, using continuity and not forcing crossovers results in a book like IMMORTAL HULK.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 16th June 2019

The Batman Who Laughs continues to make the beancounters chuckle, Event Leviathan and Silver Surfer Black have started strong, Immortal Hulk continues to rise and people are noticing Life Story. And Walking Dead makes it twice in two weeks with the same issue… a rare feat.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...ounters-laugh/

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    That's what I've got from Duggan's run.

But that time was extremely confusing for the Hulk. What we got from Hulk in Hickman's Avengers (Illuminatti) didn't seem to reflect what was happening in the Hulk book. Unless my memory is failing.
    I might be wrong but wasn't Time Runs Out sort of erased when Franklin and Molecule Man fixed everything?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I might be wrong but wasn't Time Runs Out sort of erased when Franklin and Molecule Man fixed everything?
    Yes and no.

The Incursions still happened and everything died up to Battleworld. But when Franklin and Molecule Man fixed things there was no Armageddon but the Incursions still happened. So Iron man and Captain America still got crushed by a crashing Helicarrier, but when things got reset they don't. The world still ended and everybody in-universe has no idea why everything was Armageddon and the next just fine.

Inconsistencies in depictions are really just that as the events of Hickman's Avengers run still exist.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Fantastic Member

Al Ewings answer about The One Below All

"Hey mr Ewing quick question regarding TOBA. Are we gonna get to see a hierarchy chart between him and other Marvel cosmic entities? Where does he fit in all that? How do other entities view him? How do they react to him trying to cross into our world and bring chaos?"

Al: I think charts kind of ruin things, tbh. I liked it when the cosmic heirarchy of the MU depended on whatever poetic notions were flowing through Starlin or Gerber or Nocenti's minds on a given day. Also, I'd rather these things were sorted out on the page, not on Twitter.
    Apologies if that wasn't the answer you wanted! I know there are writers who really enjoy the whole "charts and metrics" thing, I'm just not one of them.

"No worries at all, i appreciate the answer and respect your perspective on the whole thing. If there is one thing i would like to know and if it's possible to answer is, will we get to see other Marvel abstracts react in some way to TOBA? Once again, thank you for the answer."

Al: Maybe not in HULK - I don't know if we have the room - but I suspect once we wrap, we'll have contributed enough of a shake-up to that area of things that it'll get brought up again.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/1140618215128817665

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post

"Hey mr Ewing quick question regarding TOBA. Are we gonna get to see a hierarchy chart between him and other Marvel cosmic entities? Where does he fit in all that? How do other entities view him? How do they react to him trying to cross into our world and bring chaos?"

Al: I think charts kind of ruin things, tbh. I liked it when the cosmic heirarchy of the MU depended on whatever poetic notions were flowing through Starlin or Gerber or Nocenti's minds on a given day. Also, I'd rather these things were sorted out on the page, not on Twitter.
    Apologies if that wasn't the answer you wanted! I know there are writers who really enjoy the whole "charts and metrics" thing, I'm just not one of them.

"No worries at all, i appreciate the answer and respect your perspective on the whole thing. If there is one thing i would like to know and if it's possible to answer is, will we get to see other Marvel abstracts react in some way to TOBA? Once again, thank you for the answer."

Al: Maybe not in HULK - I don't know if we have the room - but I suspect once we wrap, we'll have contributed enough of a shake-up to that area of things that it'll get brought up again.

Love that there’s an end-game and he knows where he’s going with this. Makes the whole experience feel more worth it.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post

I was gonna ask why you posted this since he dismissed your question(s), but it's nice to know there'll be potentially be Universe-wide effects at the end.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Love that there’s an end-game and he knows where he’s going with this. Makes the whole experience feel more worth it.
    Oh yea i remember him saying in a interview that he has everything already planned out and that we have recently passed about the first quarter of the series, so there is about 3/4 more to go, which means we should have Al for at least another 2-3 years on.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I was gonna ask why you posted this since he dismissed your question(s), but it's nice to know there'll be potentially be Universe-wide effects at the end.
    Even if he dismisses my question completely it still gives us an answer on something, even if it's not sometimes the answer we were hoping for.

Still i liked his answer here which is why i posted it, i was hoping whatever he is planning will have greater ramifications for the rest of the MU and he seems to imply that it will.

Nice questions, Subzero89. But, really, Ewing hardly will answer this kind of question, specially if you want, let's say, a "quantitative" answer

As he said in his first interview, back in February 2018 (If I'm not mistaken), He doesn't care about power levels.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Nice questions, Subzero89. But, really, Ewing hardly will answer this kind of question, specially if you want, let's say, a "quantitative" answer

As he said in his first interview, back in February 2018 (If I'm not mistaken), He doesn't care about power levels.
    He said he doesn't care much but it hasn't stopped him from giving clear cut answers at times

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/1093977253992636416

Al still understands that power levels are important, but beyond power levels i was more interested in just the general reaction of other abstract beings with the introduction of a being that is suppose to be equal or close to The One Above All and if we were gonna get any kind of reaction in a Hulk.

Either way i got a pretty cool answer from Al, he kinda gave us a hint that by the end of this run he will have shook the Marvel universe in some way.

I wonder if they feel hum as threat. But, considering he's an opposite force to the biggest guy there is, I don't think they have much to say (or to do) about him.

More several amazing reviews for Immortal Hulk #19:

Do You Even Comicbook!? (5/5)

A good horror story allows you to forget it’s a horror story. Then, when you least expect, it reminds you in the most terrifying ways. This comic has done that in every issue leading up to one more horrific cliffhanger. It makes it worth every cliché scary description I used in this vague review. It’s vague because whenever I started to describe the book in more detail I thought, man these people need to read this series.

http://doyouevencomicbook.com/2019/0...ortal-hulk-19/

Comicon.com (9.5/10)

Immortal Hulk #19 once again hits the reader hard with another brutal, bloody, and shocking issue that chills the reader to the bone when they’re not struggling to keep their last meal down. It’s action-heavy yet pensive. It subverts your expectations and leaves you wondering where the next issue could possibly go. I can’t recommend this one enough. Give it a read.

http://www.comicon.com/2019/06/17/ab...k-19-reviewed/

EYG- Embrace Your Geekness

Sequential Planet (9.8/10)

If you can read, do yourself a favour and pick up this book. If you can't read though... Then everything here looks like gibberish to you.

https://sequentialplanet.com/comic-r...-hulk-2018-19/

Asked mr. Ewing about news at SDCC, and He answered me this:

Possibly! I won't be there, but if they need some Hulk-related news, we've got some newsworthy things coming up. Just a question of what they want to broadcast and when.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...934996993?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I LOVED Immortal Hulk #19! That was some brutal, horrific, disturbing stuff. And Blood Harpy is scary as ****! Her ripping apart the mercenaries and cleaving the Hulk's chest open to pull out his heart & eat it was disturbing!

Damn, what a cliffhanger! I'm excited to see where it will go from here. I wonder when Hulk comes back, healed and pissed off, if he would develop a resistance/immunity to Abomination's gamma acid?

And I've got a feeling he'll put the hurt on Rick & Betty before he turns his ire towards General Fortean and Shadow Base.
    I agree, I know it looks as if Hulk has been beaten BUT Let us not forget that it was only a few issues ago that he was chopped into little pieces and still came back. I think he is just going to be even more pissed off! Look out folks!