Page 66 of 171 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

I'm kind of reminded of the scene from HULK: THE END where Hulk was eaten by the cockroaches but still came back OK.

I haven't read the issue yet, but is Betty kind of stuck in this form permenantly? solitications for future issues seem to imply Rick might be able to change back to human, although maybe not entirely. The cover for #22-if that's him-seems to show that something's not quite right with his mouth.

Also, somebody at comicboards did make a good point about Betty and Bruce-she did actually shoot him once, eventually resulting in the creation of Doc Green.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 06-18-2019 at 12:46 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    ASPEN Partners With MARVEL For IMMORTAL HULK and BLACK CAT Variants

Aspen Comics is following up their past sell out Marvel Comics AspenStore.com exclusive variants with two new cover sets by superstar artist Dale Keown and Aspen founder Michael Turner, with colors by Peter Steigerwald, available for pre-order starting on June 17th at 10:00 am (Eastern standard time, 7:00 am pacific) and limited quantities will be available at the Aspen Comics Booth #2320 at Comic Con: International: San Diego 2019.

The publisher will debut The Immortal Hulk #20 Dale Keown and Peter Steigerwald www.AspenStore.com virgin variant cover limited to 1500 copies along with The Immortal Hulk #20 “Gray Hulk” virgin variant limited to 1000 copies, and only available in the cover set.

https://www.newsarama.com/45570-aspe...-variants.html
    I kind of find it a bit annoying/lazy that some drawings/action figures simply just change green to grey and purple to blue to create the Grey Hulk, because even when he's not Fixit he's somewhat visually distinct-shorter, bigger brow etc. (although Keown tended to draw him not quite as 'ugly' as Mcfarlane or Purves, but I think this was actually intentional, to set up for the merger by having him take on more of the features of Savage and Bruce. Betty even says he looks different.)

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm kind of reminded of the scene from HULK: THE END where Hulk was eaten by the cockroaches but still came back OK.

I haven't read the issue yet, but is Betty kind of stuck in this form permenantly? solitications for future issues seem to imply Rick might be able to change back to human, although maybe not entirely. The cover for #22-if that's him-seems to show that something's not quite right with his mouth.

Also, somebody at comicboards did make a good point about Betty and Bruce-she did actually shoot him once, eventually resulting in the creation of Doc Green.
    I only want to know how. In my mind, I am thinking of something bizarre ways he'll come back. Will, for example, this body decay and the Green Door open elsewhere?

Comixology's Immortal Hulk #20 cover a badge for Eisner Award Nominee for Best Continuing Series!

Fantastic Member

I only want to know how. In my mind, I am thinking of something bizarre ways he'll come back. Will, for example, this body decay and the Green Door open elsewhere?
    Going out on a limb here, but I see one of two scenarios..

1) Bruce sees his dad in Hell. He pisses him off enough to trigger his healing going into overdrive (Bruce looking like/becoming his dad; Rick and Betty killed him; Playing into his plan; "Dad" sends him back)

2) Given the talk of Butterflies in the issue and Ewing/Bennett's love of horror imagery.. the body cocoons and a new body emerges. Think Gremlins/Alien(s)/Body Snatchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post

1) Bruce sees his dad in Hell. He pisses him off enough to trigger his healing going into overdrive (Bruce looking like/becoming his dad; Rick and Betty killed him; Playing into his plan; "Dad" sends him back)

2) Given the talk of Butterflies in the issue and Ewing/Bennett's love of horror imagery.. the body cocoons and a new body emerges. Think Gremlins/Alien(s)/Body Snatchers.
    Man, this was the first thought that came to my mind as soon as #19 ended!

There's some artwork that shows Brian Banner again so it's possible.

I think Hulk briefly 'cocooned' after Onslaught, although that was sort of a man-made metal cocoon as he was sort of changing from his Professor/merged form to the "Grayvage" Hulk, which made him unstable and highly radioactive.

Fantastic Member

I think Ewing listed that moment as a time when Hulk died as well.

https://img3.looper.com/img/gallery/...1522345895.jpg

Yeah, it was one of the moments He displayed when he introduced the Immortal Hulk during No Surrender:

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m in a Bronze/Copper Age buying mood, and after I’m finished I plan on picking up Wein’s post Wolverine Incredible Hulk run (183-220, plus the Roger Stern stuff) up to my Mantlo holes. Now, I have a love/hate with Wein’s stuff, so I’m wondering how was it?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post

Y'know, he assimilated that scientist a number of issues back and it got me thinking, does Hulk even need his own body to come back? Even organs still do the Hulk transformation and he pulled an Alex Mercer on that guy. So what happens to something that consumes Bruce and he dies..., only to transform and regenerate using parts of the poor bastard who bit off more than they can chew. And we have Betty gnawing on Bruce's heart, and Abomination who vomits on people (but presumably needs to eat to use that power).

That's one Hell of a butterfly.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Less than 1 hour until September 2109 solicitations!

Less than 1 hour until September 2109 solicitations!
    Hopefully we'll get something juicy to discuss as we wait for the next issue.

Only 13 days away.

So basically forever...

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Immortal Hulk September 2019 Solicitations

IMMORTAL HULK #23
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    IMMORTAL WRAPAROUND Variant Cover by TBA
    • The war has come home – and Shadow Base is the battleground.
    • The stage is set for the final confrontation between the new ABOMINATION...
    • ...and the IMMORTAL HULK.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    MTU2MTA1ODM5Ng==.jpg

IMMORTAL HULK #24
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    WRAPAROUND VARIANT COVER BY JOE BENNETT
    • As the war with Shadow Base comes to a brutal, bloody end, Bruce Banner has a choice to make.
    • And the repercussions of that choice will have an effect on every single life on this planet...
    • ...including the IMMORTAL HULK.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    MTU2MTA1ODM5Nw==.jpg

Looks like 24 will be the closing of the arc.

Those covers though. Especially 24. Shades of World War Hulk, but while he was angrily smashing the world there, here...