Page 71 of 171 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2556
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Basically God's power.

Fantastic Member

The previews for IH are just as good as the issue itself, like seriously reading this is so awesome and i guess i am hungry for more information about the Hell and TOBA and whatever the hell is going on.

Also from a future issue

65318114_10215492980822324_3029931313718099968_n.jpg

I think this is a flashback to when Hulk wrecked McGee's and her fathers home.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Basically God's power.
    Or Devil's. I think we'll slowly discover about the nature of Hulk's power. If He does get it from the hidden Gamma form emanating from the Below Place, it's a great way to explain how he can attain his limitless physical power!

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    The previews for IH are just as good as the issue itself, like seriously reading this is so awesome and i guess i am hungry for more information about the Hell and TOBA and whatever the hell is going on.
    It's like Ewing and Bennett are always topping what They've already done. Also, I think the #19 issue was my favorite so far, which speaks volumes about it, considering the quality of every issue of this book. However, I have a strong feeling that #20 will top them all.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Or Devil's. I think we'll slowly discover about the nature of Hulk's power. If He does get it from the hidden Gamma form emanating from the Below Place, it's a great way to explain how he can attain his limitless physical power!

It's like Ewing and Bennett are always topping what They've already done. Also, I think the #19 issue was my favorite so far, which speaks volumes about it, considering the quality of every issue of this book. However, I have a strong feeling that #20 will top them all.
    My sentiments exactly. Issue 19 was my favorite too and issue 20 might just actually top it.

Fantastic Member

So.. Immortal Hulk 20 Preview

Time for speculation!

Delinquent - Rick
    Quack - Samson
    Old Goat - Ross
    Copycat - Sasquatch
    Sister's Idiot Child - She-Hulk
    Wife - Betty

----

The return of the omniscient narrator.

I'm starting to think it might be the One-Above-All or a representative despite initially thinking otherwise.

In this preview, note how he speaks of Thanos:
    https://imgix.ranker.com/user_node_i...cropu003dfaces

"Adam Warlock and Thanos of Titan.."

Now initially I dismissed it because the fonts didn't match.. but looking further, the TOAA has had different forms including Kirby. And looking back further at the transcript (https://www.comicboards.com/php/show...19020704050239) it goes into the following topics:

"What is Hell?"
    "What is the Devil?"
    "What is the Hulk?"

Ewing seems to be setting Hulk up as a potential agent of God and the Devil and he has to make a choice. This may be what future issues solicits are suggesting. The whole "Is he man or monster?" we got from issue 1. Bruce's choice - "And the repercussions of that choice will have an effect on every single life on this planet…"

In fact, it'd be interesting to see that the two are using the Hulk as their battleground. To see if Banner will succumb to evil after all the tribulations life he thrown at him or if the inherent good in him helps channel the Hulk as a force for good?

---

Also note, what the narrator says, 'Bruce Banner of Earth, can you hear me?"

Previously, I had thought it came from someone in Hell (Samson) but if Bruce is in Hell someone is trying to communicate with him and thinks he can't be heard. Ergo, someone not in Hell. Given the uncertainty, it can't be TOAA, so perhaps an agent of TOAA.
    Last edited by Cth; 06-27-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Fascinating post, Cth!

Actually, TOAA theory is one that I and some friends have thought about too.

September solicit update, one of the True Believers reprints has been changed. Instead of Hulk 2099, aka 2099 Unlimited #1 from 1993 by jailed paedo Gerard Jones, we get Hulk Returns instead, which is Avengers No Surrender #684 from last year.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...s-684-reprint/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Who's the 'copycat'?

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    So.. Immortal Hulk 20 Preview

Time for speculation!

Delinquent - Rick
    Quack - Samson
    Old Goat - Ross
    Copycat - Sasquatch
    Sister's Idiot Child - She-Hulk
    Wife - Betty

----

The return of the omniscient narrator.

I'm starting to think it might be the One-Above-All or a representative despite initially thinking otherwise.

In this preview, note how he speaks of Thanos:
    https://imgix.ranker.com/user_node_i...cropu003dfaces

"Adam Warlock and Thanos of Titan.."

Now initially I dismissed it because the fonts didn't match.. but looking further, the TOAA has had different forms including Kirby. And looking back further at the transcript (https://www.comicboards.com/php/show...19020704050239) it goes into the following topics:

"What is Hell?"
    "What is the Devil?"
    "What is the Hulk?"

Ewing seems to be setting Hulk up as a potential agent of God and the Devil and he has to make a choice. This may be what future issues solicits are suggesting. The whole "Is he man or monster?" we got from issue 1. Bruce's choice - "And the repercussions of that choice will have an effect on every single life on this planet…"

In fact, it'd be interesting to see that the two are using the Hulk as their battleground. To see if Banner will succumb to evil after all the tribulations life he thrown at him or if the inherent good in him helps channel the Hulk as a force for good?

---

Also note, what the narrator says, 'Bruce Banner of Earth, can you hear me?"

Previously, I had thought it came from someone in Hell (Samson) but if Bruce is in Hell someone is trying to communicate with him and thinks he can't be heard. Ergo, someone not in Hell. Given the uncertainty, it can't be TOAA, so perhaps an agent of TOAA.
    The voice of the Narrator being TOAA does make at least a bit of sense. But I'm putting my chips on a 'new' character for two reasons:

1. The Narrator's dialog reads like it's explaining the plot of the comic (the Hulk in Hell arc specifically) either to the reader or to the characters themselves. This can be also backed up by Walter Langkowski seemingly hearing it when he was passed out, and that first page in the preview.
    2. My second point is a bit flimsy, but TOAA doesn't really interact with the wider MU unless on special occasions like guidance or to set up his 'master plan'. Obviously Ewing can do whatever he wants with him in this story, but TOBA has been cast out for a reason.

I'm betting it's something akin to the Phantom Stranger in which it's a timeless being trying to stop Satan from claiming all of Creation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Who's the 'copycat'?
    Sasquatch, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    September solicit update, one of the True Believers reprints has been changed. Instead of Hulk 2099, aka 2099 Unlimited #1 from 1993 by jailed paedo Gerard Jones, we get Hulk Returns instead, which is Avengers No Surrender #684 from last year.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...s-684-reprint/
    That's a bit weird. I guess to catch people up? But that material is already included in Vol.1 of the Immortal Hulk TPB as far as I'm aware.

Who's the 'copycat'?
    Cth addressed it above. It's Sasquatch. After all, He wanted to have Gamma power just l like Banner.

Who's the 'copycat'?
    Walter Langowski most likely. He was specifically trying to replicate the event that turned Bruce into the Hulk.

Edit: Or maybe it's me.

Dun dun dun!

Ultimate Member

Never mind, I figured it out :P

Anyways, I've noticed that the resurrections of gamma seem to have focused on those of super strength variety. The Leader has died several times, yet remains unaffected/unaddressed. Hotshot and Jailbait were killed due to the One's influence. Perhaps the One is trying to conserve energy?

I'm reminded of Marlo's resurrection, back in the day. The priest (don't remember his name) survived Leader's gamma bomb and was hinted to be connected to a more divine power. PAD retconned that to Death itself slipping inside of Marlo, but I wonder of Ewing will revisit it.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    That's a bit weird. I guess to catch people up? But that material is already included in Vol.1 of the Immortal Hulk TPB as far as I'm aware.
    It's obviously a last minute replacement, they didn't have time to dig in the archives. They obviously didn't realise Jones was in the slammer until it was pointed out after the solicits were published.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Never mind, I figured it out :P

Anyways, I've noticed that the resurrections of gamma seem to have focused on those of super strength variety. The Leader has died several times, yet remains unaffected/unaddressed. Hotshot and Jailbait were killed due to the One's influence. Perhaps the One is trying to conserve energy?

I'm reminded of Marlo's resurrection, back in the day. The priest (don't remember his name) survived Leader's gamma bomb and was hinted to be connected to a more divine power. PAD retconned that to Death itself slipping inside of Marlo, but I wonder of Ewing will revisit it.
    I think the implication is that all gamma mutates share this connection, but Ewing is focusing on friends and associates of Banner for now.

Probably to up the horror. The Leader, Madman, etc. are already evil and antagonistic so it's less of a punch when they do what Rick and Betty have.