Page 72 of 171 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2556
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Talking about the Leader and a possible connection with TOBA, there some intriguing stuff, coming from Jenkins'& Sean M. nonetheless, with art by Joe Bennett (coincidence? LOL) that could be serve as material to be explored by Ewing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    September solicit update, one of the True Believers reprints has been changed. Instead of Hulk 2099, aka 2099 Unlimited #1 from 1993 by jailed paedo Gerard Jones, we get Hulk Returns instead, which is Avengers No Surrender #684 from last year.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...s-684-reprint/
    Hah, I called it

Btw, in Bennett's twitter, He talks about the Leader:

Joe Bennett
    @JoeBenn33636019
    In response to
    @FrazettaHulk

I have several ideas to create a new and creepying Leader concept design...I'll work on it on next weeks...

https://twitter.com/JoeBenn33636019/...492180992?s=20

Two interesting articles about the Immortal Hulk:

Immortal Hulk’s Incredible Run

http://blog.gocollect.com/immortal-h...ncredible-run/

Immortal Hulk #18-19: “This is Me”

https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...19-this-is-me/

Fantastic Member

All i can say is, thank god for Al Ewing.

Cause i remembered when Hulk was written by Aaron and it actually made me drop reading Hulk for years, after been enjoying it for a long time when Pak wrote it.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I'm surprised by the lack of sketch spoilers Joe has been known the put for the upcoming issues, lately

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I'm surprised by the lack of sketch spoilers Joe has been known the put for the upcoming issues, lately
    It's possible they told him to ease up on the spoilers, or maybe he just decide to tone it down himself. A shame honestly i really liked the sketches he teased us with.

So since discussion had died down for the time being, I'd like to revisit who might the Narrator be and I might've actually found the linchpin.

So I was scanning through the Hulk in Hell arc issues and I stumbled upon this:

To summarize, it states that the 'Chaotic Spirit' Angra Mainyu (One Below All representative) and the Lord of Creation (One-Above-All/Good representative) are actually brothers, born from 'Zurvan' who's the embodiment of Time itself. Obviously, Ewing takes inspiration from multiple sources of religion but this one seem pretty blatant. If this holds true, this means that Zurvan is possibly the Narrator and the entire Marvel cosmic landscape would be changed dramatically (actually, it would line up with Jim Starlin's 'Thanos: Infinity Conflict' OGN in which it brings up the question of there being an entity that's higher than the One-Above-All-Others).

Also, it should be noted that Angra Mainyu (TOBA) was born before the Lord of Creation so thus the universe/mutliverse is inherently evil.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I finally caught up on Immortal Hulk. Did Ross really die (again)? Heard he showed up in Captain America?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Two interesting articles about the Immortal Hulk:

Immortal Hulk’s Incredible Run

http://blog.gocollect.com/immortal-h...ncredible-run/

Immortal Hulk #18-19: “This is Me”

https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...19-this-is-me/
    The praise is well earned. What an incredible run. By far the best Hulk book in decades, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    All i can say is, thank god for Al Ewing.

Cause i remembered when Hulk was written by Aaron and it actually made me drop reading Hulk for years, after been enjoying it for a long time when Pak wrote it.
    Thank god, indeed. The difference of talent and writing from Aaron to Ewing is abysmal. Great to have such brilliant writer working with the Incredible Hulk!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post

Also, it should be noted that Angra Mainyu (TOBA) was born before the Lord of Creation so thus the universe/mutliverse is inherently evil.
    That would have immense implications for The Marvel Multiverse/Omniverse. Also, It's definitely something that Ewing will explore in details. It has so much depth, this whole duality (a concept which isn't quite as simple as some think), much like the Hulk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I finally caught up on Immortal Hulk. Did Ross really die (again)? Heard he showed up in Captain America?
    Yeah, He's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The praise is well earned. What an incredible run. By far the best Hulk book in decades, IMO.
    It is, no doubt. By Immortal Hulk #25 it might reach heights that no other run did, imho.

GEORGE PEREZ Revisits the HULK: FUTURE IMPERFECT Trophy Room

https://13thdimension.com/george-per...t-trophy-room/

Red Harpy's persona reminds me a bit of the earlier Red She-Hulk (around the time Pak and Loeb were writing her), where she was more unstable and pretty ticked at Bruce pretty much all the time.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

You know Reading Immortal Hulk triggered some musing in me, question and odd thought that I feel like sharing.
    I wonder the implication of this big change on the nature of gamma energy, in the context of MU at large, since not just "Hulks" get their power to radiation and oddly not just them got some supernatural link as well.
    Radiation was important factor in SPidey mythos forever, and now he is also an interdimensional totem avatar of a spider deity, The FF got their power form cosmic radiation, curiouosly the sky counterin the earth fo Hulk, and yet their power are very elemental to the point that at time tru elemental spirit call them little brothers(happen a pair of time that i remember), The X-men and mutant are called the childrend of atom for a reason and they have been involved in so much supernatural stuff that is too long to list, but is curious that amongst manyn notable mutant's ancestors there are many infamous spellcaster(yes Piotr and Ilyana descend from THAT Rasputin who was not just a powerfull mage but also big chum with sinister...). And then there is Wolvie that for all intent and purpose is as immortal as hulk is, "died" pretty much in the same way(no really, beheaded, shot, covered in molten metal..disintegrated...) and now has superhot claws that theoreatically could cause the HUlk cauterized wounds(but we need a practical test to see if it would work that way or not, nor is possible to know if this power up will last enough or not...). Also the defenders...I wonder if doctro Strange truly knew about Hulk's nature..
    Is interesting see how the discoveries and the changes that hulk mythos are undergoing in this cool series could...posibly...have a long butterfly effect on MU at whole...changing the point of view we see some past stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    You know Reading Immortal Hulk triggered some musing in me, question and odd thought that I feel like sharing.
    I wonder the implication of this big change on the nature of gamma energy, in the context of MU at large, since not just "Hulks" get their power to radiation and oddly not just them got some supernatural link as well.
    Radiation was important factor in SPidey mythos forever, and now he is also an interdimensional totem avatar of a spider deity, The FF got their power form cosmic radiation, curiously the sky counterin the earth fo Hulk, and yet their power are very elemental to the point that at time tru elemental spirit call them little brothers(happen a pair of time that i remember), The X-men and mutant are called the children of atom for a reason and they have been involved in so much supernatural stuff that is too long to list, but is curious that amongst manyn notable mutant's ancestors there are many infamous spellcaster(yes Piotr and Ilyana descend from THAT Rasputin who was not just a powerfull mage but also big chum with sinister...). And then there is Wolvie that for all intent and purpose is as immortal as hulk is, "died" pretty much in the same way(no really, beheaded, shot, covered in molten metal..disintegrated...) and now has superhot claws that theoretically could cause the HUlk cauterized wounds(but we need a practical test to see if it would work that way or not, nor is possible to know if this power up will last enough or not...). Also the defenders...I wonder if doctro Strange truly knew about Hulk's nature..
    Is interesting see how the discoveries and the changes that hulk mythos are undergoing in this cool series could...possibly...have a long butterfly effect on MU at whole...changing the point of view we see some past stuff
    Unfortunately, unless Ewing heads an event or something that includes these concepts he's introducing, I don't see it sticking outside of his run let alone the wider MU. That's the way it goes with these sorta 'meta' concepts writers introduce-- even with Grant Morrison. But perhaps there's more to this 'radiation source'. Obviously Gamma-rays are just highly energetic form of light, so this 'third' emanation of it is likely a variation of 'divine light' and in issues #22-#24 it's being hinted that all Gamma mutates might be affected by these revelations.

Whether or not this radiation source of powers has any wider meaning to other heroes it's impossible to say, we just to wait tell it gets flushed out more.