Page 74 of 171 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2556
    Fantastic Member

Ok this issue was insane... i mean just the end alone is... wow...

We are getting deeper and deeper into the lore.

Maybe "Devil Hulk" is more literal than we thought...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Another mindblowing issue. I adore this run.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Hulk is banner's puppet. Constantly controlled down to the last angle, force, velocity of any punch, even whether he uses his left or right hand he throws under bruce's calculations to save lives with no real control of his own.

But the devil hulk is free

Fantastic Member

I re-read some of the previous issues with that same voice that talked to Banner before and yea Banner is about to make a heavy decision that will have consequences on the rest of the Marvel universe.

16.jpg

Which option will Banner chose? Is he Khamael or Satan? Geburah or Golachab? Man or Monster??? Or is he both...

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Some thoughts:

-Some people are gonna be upset that Gamma is related to magic in a way despite the book itself telling you strait up (for the second time) that it's both magic and science. How how else do you explain how it turns people in Gamma monsters?
    -The third form of Gamma is likely a demon variation of holy light.
    -The "Abomination" was actually just a shell for Rick's body-- I love it and it makes so much sense.
    -After Bruce got resurrected everything turned into an all-out warzone.
    -It's really nice that Ewing didn't forget that it's been shown previously that on Bruce and Mr. Immortal would the only ones who could live long enough to see the end of the universe.
    -Oh. My. God. METATON???? This is a super fuckin' obscure character literally only mentioned twice and THIS is his first physical appearance!!!
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 07-03-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Hulk is banner's puppet. Constantly controlled down to the last angle, force, velocity of any punch, even whether he uses his left or right hand he throws under bruce's calculations to save lives with no real control of his own.

But the devil hulk is free
    They are Banner.

They are themselves but they are also him.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    I re-read some of the previous issues with that same voice that talked to Banner before and yea Banner is about to make a heavy decision that will have consequences on the rest of the Marvel universe.

Which option will Banner chose? Is he Khamael or Satan? Geburah or Golachab? Man or Monster??? Or is he both...
    Heh, I joke, but what if he's being positioned to take on both roles?

We saw Brian trying to bond Bruce to TOBA.. which would leave Hulk for TOAA.

Stuck in an eternal struggle, neither winning.

I'm kidding, right? That'd piss off a LOT of comic readers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post

No i am actually thinking the same, i think it might actually end up being both.

It's not gonna piss of just the comic readers it's gonna piss of all the good and bad guys in Marvel as well lol, this book is going to shake the Marvel universe.

Al did tell me personally on twitter by the time this run is over they will have done so much to the Marvel universe that it will have lasting repercussions(and he was specifically referring to the whole abstracts/multiverse thing, so he is aiming big).

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Theory based on prior Ewing history:

spoilers:
    That Superman-looking dude lying dead or near-as as Bruce's feet is Lifebringer One, the first hero in all of existence, as mentioned as the creation of the third incarnation of the multiverse at the end of Ultimates2.
    end of spoilers
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Theory based on prior Ewing history:

spoilers:
    That Superman-looking dude lying dead or near-as as Bruce's feet is Lifebringer One, the first hero in all of existence, as mentioned as the creation of the third incarnation of the multiverse at the end of Ultimates2.
    end of spoilers
    Nah, he is Mr Inmortal.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Nah, he is Mr Inmortal.
    Dang, you're totally right.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Dang, you're totally right.
    Oh.

Huh.

So that means that we really are seeing Banner at the end of all things.

Fantastic Member

Ok it took me awhile because the dude laying next to Banner threw me off, it's actually Mr. Immortal(i never even knew about this character until now). So here is the rundown i have for the last few pages of this issue, be warned it contains spoilers.

The Mr. Immortal dead body laying there is a nod to Great Lake Avengers #4 where it's revealed that Mr. Immortal will outlive everyone and everything and see the end of the universe itself because he is the one true immortal(until Banner/Hulk came about because they seem to be the last things to outlive him).

RCO008_1467111063.jpg

And in last issue Al told us Banner will get a glimpse of what the future might be based on his decisions.

Untitled1.jpg

So what we saw there at the end with Banner, Mr. Immortal and Metatron is the glimpse of that potential future and then Metatron lists all the decisions that lead him to this, at first it confused me because i thought he was talking about the past when he mention horseman of war but then i realized he was actually talking about the future, these are things that are yet to happen.

Untitled.jpg

- After the horseman of war in his nightmare armor
    - After the steel throne and your(Banners) awful decision
    - After the Beast of Myth and Hulk-that-was
    - After the thing in the tube and the thoughtful man

These are things that are yet to happen and will be instrumental in shaping the outcome of everything.

Man this is really heavy, this series just keeps getting better and better.
    Last edited by Subzero89; 07-03-2019 at 11:30 AM.

I'm betting Fortean is the Horseman with the Abomination skin as armor.

The Throne is probably some kind of throne for the King of Hell, figurative or literal.

Beast of Myth, Hulk-That-Was....Cu Chulainn? Not sure wha this is meant to be. Hope it doesn't tie back to Aaron's whole 'ancient avengers' thing.

The thing in the Tube and the Thoughtful.Man. I really don't know... Thoughtful Man sounds like a villain though.