Page 80 of 171 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2556
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    He has been to the afterlife actually.
    Not as Hulk.

UV light isn't as rare as kryptonite, so that comparison doesn't really work.

Anyone going after the Hulk would be dumb not to have some sort of artificial sunlight handy.
    I never said it is, i wasn't going for a 1:1 comparison to begin with, i was talking about how repetitive it would be in Supermans case, in fact that is the point.

UV light is actually fairly easy to come by, which means anyone facing Hulk and not having it is a complete moron, there is no excuse for it.

IMO Al should have just stuck with "divine/holy light" or something like that, make it more ambiguous and harder to come by, rather than just UV light.
    Last edited by Subzero89; 07-10-2019 at 06:51 AM.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

It's not like Hulk/Banner haven't found ways around it. Like when Joe took over Banner's body.

Fantastic Member

It's not like Hulk/Banner haven't found ways around it. Like when Joe took over Banner's body.
    Yea and i wouldn't mind seeing more of that, like perhaps other Hulk personalities taking over, but that's besides the point i was making.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Yup! And, as we've seen (and known) Hulk always find a way to adapt himself to extreme situations. That's what He does.

Someone suggested I post this here:

Hello. I'm working on collecting original prints of all of Hulk's individual issues barring the mega-expensive ones (Incredible Hulk 1-6, issues 180 and 181, etc.). I'm mainly collecting the Hulk books where the Bruce Banner Hulk is the main character (so I'm ignoring most of the Red Hulk book), but the Banner Hulk does feature prominently in some Red Hulk issues and in some other characters' books and some event books. Since it wouldn't be practical to collect every single appearance of his, what one-off Hulk books, guest starring appearances, and event books would you say are critical for the ongoing story of the Banner Hulk? Thanks in advance for the help. Just don't want to miss anything.

Twitter from Ryan Bodenheim, who'll be the guest artist on Immortal Hulk #21 next week

https://twitter.com/RyanBodenheim/

The guy is a great artist.

Fantastic Member

EDIT: Sorry misread the question.. not all of these are essential reading to understand the main title.. I'll try to bold the ones that do.

If I understand correctly, you want suggestions for good stories featuring Hulk (the Bruce Banner version, not necessarily the Banner controlled Hulk) that take place outside of the main title.

So here's some of my favorites/suggestions off the top of my head with comments..

- Secret War (1985 version; Huge feat; explains the shift from the Banner controlled Hulk to the mindless version that had to be banished from Earth; The comic before the crossover and after it skipped the 12 months, so it was jarring to see a happy Bruce come back injured and cranky -- basically this fills in those gaps)
    - Infinity Gauntlet (More of the Banner controlled Hulk; explains things going on it the main title.. again another change without explaining it much, it would help to read it)
    - Onslaught/Heroes Reborn (We see Bruce struggling with his new found control and make a big sacrifice to save everybody resulting in another status quo shift for the title, again without reading this you might be confused; Serves as a test run for the Ultimate Universe with the heroes presented in a new way; this is the start of the Bruce/Tony friendship)

-What If Issues - Volume one #2, 3, 31, 45 ; Volume two #50, 80, 91, 114 ; Vol 3 What if General Ross had become the Hulk? ; Vol 6 Planet Hulk ; Vol 7 What If Newer Fantastic Four - What if the New Fantastic Four had battled Thanos? ; Vol 8 What If? World War Hulk
    - Fantastic Four #347-349 (Joins Spidey, Wolverine, Ghost Rider as the new FF; Grey Hulk)
    - Avengers Annual #17 (Gray Hulk working with the Avengers)
    - Exiles: Days of Then and Now #1 (In this reality, the Hulk was picked up in space by Annihilus' Annihilation Wave, and asked to join his troops or die. Instead, he killed Annihilus and took over the Wave, aiming it at Earth, killing millions and leaving only a few young heroes to defend the planet.)
    - Age of X: Universe (More Gray Hulk; alternate reality)
    - THE INCREDIBLE HULK AND THE THING: BIG CHANGE (1987) TPB (Classic Dumb Hulk and Thing space adventure)
    - Old Man Logan (Post apoc future; Mark Millar version)
    - Future Imperfect (Post apoc future; intro of Maestro)
    - FANTASTIC FOUR #320 (Thing vs Hulk; Thing gets a strength boost and Hulk gets an intelligence boost)

- The Order (new take on the classic Defenders; Gray Hulk)
    - Ruins (not much Hulk just a dark depressing real take on Hulk's origin; may be expensive however)
    - Hulk vs Superman (Roger Stern/Steve Rude; fun classic matchup)
    - Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk (smarter gray ultimate Hulk; less cannibal, more Devil Hulk like)
    - Secret Wars Planet Hulk (alternate take on Planet Hulk)
    - Secret Wars Future Imperfect (Maestro vs Thing)
    - Marvel Zombies (Zombie Hulk)
    - Bullet Points (Banner becomes Spiderman; Peter becomes the Hulk)
    - Ultimate Hulk (novel; Peter David; anthology)
    - Marvel Fanfare 29 (John Byrne; all splash page issue; Scourge)
    - Avengers (Jonathan Hickman; Banner being treated like a respected member of the team for a change)

I'll try to add some "classic" issues if I can.. as you can tell I like alternate takes on the Hulk and change.. Maestro and Gray Hulk were two big changes that sparked a lot of creativity with writers who didn't want to write a dumb Hulk story. Seeing Hulk work on a team is interesting, even if inevitably he leaves said team
    Last edited by Cth; 07-10-2019 at 03:32 PM.

My favorite page from the Amazing Spider-Man #25 special issue today:

until we arrive at the world breakers

Fantastic Member

That's super cool, directly referencing Hulks World Breaker form.

I'm Jonesing for a preview.

It's almost worse than waiting for the book because you know when that's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I'm Jonesing for a preview.

It's almost worse than waiting for the book because you know when that's coming.
    Don't even mention it...

Would it be easier to buy the digital version of PAD's Hulk?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Marvel Unlimited Plus members and Marvel Mastercard cardholders will also have a chance to get an exclusive, ultra-rare variant cover of IMMORTAL HULK #21 for FREE!*Drawn by artist Todd Nauck, the cover features an epic showdown between Hulk and Thanos -– rendered in the inimitable style of Cosbaby by Hot Toys!

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    AJPyro, sorry for not updating my post with more comics. Might be a silly question, but do you any of the Epic Collections?

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Probably.
    As much as I prefer printed collections, the prices on the PAD Hulk Visionaries volumes 4-6 are starting to creep into "WTF kind of price is that?" territory. LOL! Don't have to worry about that for digital.
    The Epic Collections are probably going to finish up the PAD run in the next couple of years, and who knows if they'll go back to print and work in the start of his run into an Epic collection.
    Give me an Epic with the Byrne/Milgrom issues with a better-colored Hulk Annual #15 and I'll die happy....