Page 83 of 171 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2556

With the War Wagon also coming back, I'm kind of wondering if the brain powering the robot might in fact be Talbot's.

As for the art thing, Marvel has occasionally had artists copy stuff, especially robots. I think one sentinel design was literally an Evangelion, one of the new House of X/Powers of X designs looks like a Transformer from the "Prime" series, and Greg Land, in additon to his other criticisms, used Gundam mechs as HERBIE in Ultimate Fantastic Four.

There's also been a share of Dalek stuff (Doctor Who), going back to the 80s, although in that case they were mainly parodies and not exactly using the exact design (age of Ultron did this as well during the issue set in Britain). I'm pretty sure a lot of Chris Claremont, Walter Simonson and Alan Davis's work on stuff such as Excalibur and Avengers snuck in the ocassional Doctor Who references for fun. I mean, a paramilitary organization called W.H.O led by a guy called Alistair practically screams UNIT to me.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Immortal Hulk #22 Eastside Comics variant showcasing Grey Hulk/Joe Fixit!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post

Looks interesting. It always cracks me up to see people trying to shoot Hulk with bullets lol
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Funny...I love how a lot of people have issues with Hulk being so physically powerful (specially now, with Immortal Hulk, I believe.

In another thread someone talking about how there's only one top elite human on Earth, won't name the character here, while Hulk is only a brute.
    That’s idiotic to me. One of Hulk’s titles is literally “The Strongest One There Is”. I have a sneaking suspicion I know who that “top elite human” is and if it’s who I think it is all I have to say is lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s idiotic to me. One of Hulk’s titles is literally “The Strongest One There Is”. I have a sneaking suspicion I know who that “top elite human” is and if it’s who I think it is all I have to say is lmao.
    Couldn't agree more (if we go by the so called ",versatility"", I'm sure Iron Man is probably the most character powerfulest around, LOL) But, as I've seen, it's something that's pointless to argue about; it only leads to heated discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Immortal Hulk #22 Eastside Comics variant showcasing Grey Hulk/Joe Fixit!

Wow. Who's the artist for this...?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    Wow. Who's the artist for this...?
    Sorry! I forgot to post it. It's Alex Garner:

http://www.alexgarner.com/

The wait for the IH HC is killing me.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

To me, waiting until the wednesdays is always a torture.

I've never really been a Marvel reader - but I LOVE the old Kenneth Johnson Incredible Hulk TV show with Bixby and Ferrigno. I grew up with that and the saturday morning cartoon.

I also really liked the Ang Lee 2003 movie (I think I was the only one that did!)

Not too keen on the Edward Norton film but I LOVE what Mark Ruffalo has been doing with the character.

For the first time in my life I'm considering dipping into some Marvel titles mainly because my daughter is taking a huge interest (we're watching the old TV show together!). She wants to read Planet Hulk and World War Hulk so I'll probably check them out when she's done with them! Also considering getting her that Marvel Platinum TPB.

So yeah! The Hulk rules! From the limited amount I know about Marvel heroes, he's definitely my favourite.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post
    I've never really been a Marvel reader - but I LOVE the old Kenneth Johnson Incredible Hulk TV show with Bixby and Ferrigno. I grew up with that and the saturday morning cartoon.

I also really liked the Ang Lee 2003 movie (I think I was the only one that did!)

Not too keen on the Edward Norton film but I LOVE what Mark Ruffalo has been doing with the character.

For the first time in my life I'm considering dipping into some Marvel titles mainly because my daughter is taking a huge interest (we're watching the old TV show together!). She wants to read Planet Hulk and World War Hulk so I'll probably check them out when she's done with them! Also considering getting her that Marvel Platinum TPB.

So yeah! The Hulk rules! From the limited amount I know about Marvel heroes, he's definitely my favourite.
    Good taste for comics/heroes! I bet She'll love it and so will You.

Are you checking Immortal Hulk? It's already a classic run (and by the end it's gonna be a legendary run) and the best thing since Greg Pak's first run, with Planet Hulk and World War Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post

While I still love the Kenneth Johnson's 'The Incredible Hulk' television show, it's one iteration of the character that has long lived out it's time and should no longer be used as the standard.

I love Ang Lee's Hulk film. The problem was the Hulk's design and a few artistic liberties that Ang took with the character. In and of itself "Angry Man" was a solid flick.

Ed Norton's Hulk movie was really good, but Marvel and Universal missed the opportunity to make Hulk closer to his fan favorite Hulk characterizations.

Enjoy your new found pleasure.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 07-15-2019 at 10:58 AM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Hulk was within spitting distance of Spidey in June. Just goes to show, there's no sales gimmick quite like a quality product, and never underestimate the Hulk.

Edit:

Also Incredible Hulk: Last Call pulled in respectable numbers as well.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 07-15-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hulk was within spitting distance of Spidey in June. Just goes to show, there's no sales gimmick quite like a quality product, and never underestimate the Hulk.
    Well said. If Marvel Comics would stop playing games and just realize what the fan favorite characterizations of Hulk are, they'd realize he's as popular as Batman and Spider-Man. The problem is that for some strange reason they want to go back to a speechless version of the character.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

The other problem Marvel Comics was having with the Hulk is that instead of learning and drawing from the character's history, new writers were constantly trying to reinvent the wheel.