Page 89 of 171 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2556
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Things that caught my attention is this awesome issue:

1) I'm impressed about how ruthless and obsessed Fortean is. This issue shows that, but at the same time, shows how compelling he is as a character.

2)The art, which fit the tone of the story very well, specially with those colours.

3) The One Below All ( we see that green light!)using the Qliphoth to "capture" Fortean, after all, He feed on hate and anger, and Fortean has A LOT OF that. Now TOBA has a very powerful vessel to spread his influence in our world again! There will be immense consequences.

4) Fortean now wears his "Nightmare Armour" as alluded in the previous issue.

5) He sits in his throne now, and we know he'll have a fatal and definitive fight with the Hulk! Will Hulk take his throne (his Iron Throne!)? Will he take his place? Is this The awful decision He'll make (again, alluded in the past issue)? Is this the decision mentioned in #24 solicitation that'll have sever consequences for the world and for the Hulk?

So many interesting aspects to think about! Can't wait for the future issues. As usual, the wait is so hard!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Haven't read the latest issue, but from what I've read I've seen in these sketches and other things that the Abomination and zombie Rick are seperate entities, and Abomination is sort of a husk that might need a host to regenerate (as it seems clear it will be in later issues but seperate from Rick)? That adds a whole other body horror dimension to things in addition to the two faces, hand head and vomiting acid. Wonder if it's got Blonsky's mind in there too since it was partially built from his remains....
    Well, looks like I was kind of right, except for the Blonsky thing. So technically Abomination is a symbiote now (although not of the Venom type).

So it looks like "Devil Hulk" might become "God" Hulk from those previews....
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-17-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

As expected, some outstanding reviews for this book!

Comic Book
    (10/10)

The last several issues of Immortal Hulk have delivered some of the series most stunning twists and gruesome reveals, but #21 somehow makes them all look small by comparison. It’s a character study of General Fortean conducted with guest artist Ryan Bodenheim. The crisp linework provides lots of details for both his past and present endeavors, ones that revamp some highlights of Hulk’s history. Those two narratives construct a clear motive and arc for the character, one that tempts sympathy no matter how ugly the story gets. It’s an excellent single issue, one that perfectly encompasses why The Immortal Hulk is the strongest superhero comic there is.

https://comicbook.com/comics/2019/07...arvel-image/#1

Weird Science (9/10)

For an informative issue, Ewing still creatively told a powerful story that felt important, carried weight, and had twists that this reviewer didn’t see coming. This reviewer started the issue wondering about Hell, the Hulk, and Metatron… got no answers to any of those questions.. but still left eager for the next issue after a simple backstory of a character that never really existed until a couple of months ago. Ewing is smashingly good in this series and appears that he can do no wrong right now. The only problem with the issue was that there was practically no Hulk in the comic. But again, it was still phenomenal without him. What does that say about the writer? This reviewer highly recommends the issue and the series. If you’re hearing about THE IMMORTAL HULK now, you’re a little late to the party. Lucky for you, everyone’s welcome!

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...ulk-21-review/

AITP! (9/10)

Immortal Hulk is an impressive series as it seems to impress in so many different ways. This issue is no different. Witness the struggle of a man who wants to control chaos and pays for it.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ulk-21-review/

You Don't Read Comics (9/10)

Even though Ewing slowed down a bit to fill you in on the background of his chief antagonist, this issue still has plenty of excitement to keep your eyes glued to the pages. Hulk may be all but absent, but Ewing’s signature creepy storytelling, and attention to character, are still present, so you won’t want to miss this one.

https://www.youdontreadcomics.com/co...hulk-21-review

Beyond the Panel
    (8.5/10)

Immortal Hulk #21 was the perfect issue taken to allow everyone to reintroduce themselves to who General Fortean is, and the depths to his madness. One would have thought Thunderbolt Ross/Red Hulk was the greatest threat to anyone with gamma running through their veins, but then here comes General Fortean saying, “Hold my Beer”.

https://beyondthepanel.net/2019/07/1...ortal-hulk-21/

Fantastic Member

Still going strong, still kicking ass.

Love this book, easily the best ongoing series right now.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

I think the scientist likes Reggie. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Still going strong, still kicking ass.

Love this book, easily the best ongoing series right now.
    No doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    I think the scientist likes Reggie. Maybe.
    I think so, too! For a subordinate scientist who works in a place where terrible things are done all the time, She just cares too much about him!

I'm starting to wonder if the individual qliphoth will play a role. Listen to the descriptions to some of them:

"Harab Serapel. “Netzach is the openness of natural love. The Harab Serapel are the Ravens of Death who reject even their own. The outer form is Theumiel, 'The Fouled Substance of God'”.

Golachab: Burning Bodies
    “Geburah is a going forth in power to rule in righteousness, in an upright manner. The order of Golab is composed of those who burn to do destruction, enforce their will upon others through strength and not righteousness, in a non-upright manner --- even on themselves. The outer form is Usiel, 'The Ruins of God'.”

The former sounds like the Harpy, the latter either Red Hulk (who could expel thermal raditation) or Fortean himself. If this is on purpose, it makes me wonder what Samael- the qlipphoth representing the angel of death in Jewish tradiation- will represent...

I can't help but read into the usage of the Redeemer armor as well. Both Ross and Fortean used it before becoming Hulks. Needless to say, the word redeemed has a whole lot of religious connotations.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

I wonder if Rick will transform as was teased. Plus, Reggie got enemies within (heh) and without. Where's a time platform when you need one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if the individual qliphoth will play a role. Listen to the descriptions to some of them:

"Harab Serapel. “Netzach is the openness of natural love. The Harab Serapel are the Ravens of Death who reject even their own. The outer form is Theumiel, 'The Fouled Substance of God'”.

Golachab: Burning Bodies
    “Geburah is a going forth in power to rule in righteousness, in an upright manner. The order of Golab is composed of those who burn to do destruction, enforce their will upon others through strength and not righteousness, in a non-upright manner --- even on themselves. The outer form is Usiel, 'The Ruins of God'.”

The former sounds like the Harpy, the latter either Red Hulk (who could expel thermal raditation) or Fortean himself. If this is on purpose, it makes me wonder what Samael- the qlipphoth representing the angel of death in Jewish tradiation- will represent...

I can't help but read into the usage of the Redeemer armor as well. Both Ross and Fortean used it before becoming Hulks. Needless to say, the word redeemed has a whole lot of religious connotations.
    Interesting! And there are some deep discussions, much like yours, in another forum!

Another review, by the way!

The Super Powered Fancast (9/10)

The Story: Al Ewing gives the reader a deep dive into the motivations and making of the monster Fortean has become. With each step, we are witness to the systematic stripping away of the man’s humanity until there is nothing left but his mission and his devotion to his own vision of order. It’s a great story that fleshes out the character beyond a foot soldier of Thurderbolt Ross. He transcends the acolyte role most followers of Ross adopt and he becomes much more dangerous in both his philosophy and his methods. It will be interesting to see what happens when he and Hulk face each other.

The Art: Ryan Bodenheim does an excellent job with the art in this issue. It keeps the dark overall tone of the story and fills the page with glorious detail in both the characters and the backgrounds.

https://www.superpoweredfancast.com/...ulk-21-review/

Good issue. I think we all saw Fortean becoming the new Abomination but it worked well here. This is issue is mostly setting up what I think will be the finale of Act 1, Hulk vs. Abomination.

Interesting descriptions from Immortal Hulk #24 and the revealed Immortal Hulk vol 5 texts:

Immortal Hulk #24

As the war with Shadow Base comes to a brutal, bloody end, Bruce Banner has a choice to make.

• And the repercussions of that choice will have an effect on every single life on this planet...

• ...including the IMMORTAL HULK.

Immortal Hulk vol 5

It's the final showdown - Bruce Banner versus General Fortean, a man willing to do whatever it takes to destroy the Immortal Hulk once and for all, even if it means turning himself into what he hates the most. As Shadow Base declares war on anyone with a gamma mutation, Banner has to decide what kind of Hulk he wants to be - and what kind of monster he has to become.

Mighty Member

Very good issue. This story remind me more and more of the best Vertigo stories of the 80's, who take risks and slow-down their stories, if it's needed. This issue was slow, yes, but it was important and in a lot of way, It reminded me of the origin of Doctor Manhattan. It's these kinds of issues that will make this arc a masterpiece, even if for most of people it's not the best issue of immortal Hulk, it's a vital piece of the puzzle. The only thing I hope is that Ewing will know when to stop his story: if he has a real end-point in his head, and don"t stay more because of sales, his Hulk story will be a masterpiece for the ages.
    Last edited by lordozone; 07-17-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Looking at the cover for #23, it looks like the reveal was hiding in plain sight all along.

Ditto with issue #17's cover with Banner having a grey hue.....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ewing answered a question of mine at twitter, about Hulk being in Marvel #1000!

In response to
    @JasonVerve

Hulk will feature in a way I think IMMORTAL HULK fans will enjoy. Meanwhile, Joe, Ruy and Paul join me for a pretty significant page.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...633962501?s=20