Page 95 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2556

Cool. I overlooked it.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    It was in issue 13, it was mentioned in narration, not sure if it's TOBA/Brian it seems like it's jut your normal narration. It explains that gamma is science until it no longer is, until it basically becomes magic and makes metaphor people.
    Ah thank you.

I do love that definition for gamma Mutates.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I also love the potential that Banner has to tap into his Gamma might. I wonder whether other Gamma beings are able to do so.

That would be cool if they did.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

I just looked at Immortal Hulk #13 again. About Hulk being the embodiment of Khamael. It works out nicely as Khamael is the Archangel of strength, courage and war in the Judeo-Christian belief systems. We know Hulk is obsessed with strength and being the strongest one there is. His courage is at pinnacle as he is afraid of absolutely nothing, and the only person he has ever shown fear towards is his father Brian Banner. As far as war is concerned, Hulk hates it, but he will bring it to the doorstep of anyone that wants it. He has also been an incarnation of the Horseman War for Apocalypse, so all this makes sense.

With Ewing, everything is possible. I had never imagined He would use the concept of Qliphoth the way he did with the nightmare armor!

Speaking of metaphors, the Qliphoth or shell is quite literal in the last story. Excellent writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Speaking of metaphors, the Qliphoth or shell is quite literal in the last story. Excellent writing.
    Yeah, that what I was trying to say in the last post. LOL. It was basically literal.

Another thing to wonder: which other concepts, if any, he'll use in the same vein he did with Qliphoth?

Ewing seems to also be stating that the duality of natures is still prevalent in Hulk. Hulk too has a shadow side.

Where there is Qliphoth the other side is Sephirot.

Ewing seems to also be stating that the duality of natures is still prevalent in Hulk. Hulk too has a shadow side.
    Yeah, I believe this is true to the Hulk, which is very interesting. Also, if we think for a bit as TOAA being "God" and TOBA as the "Devil", would TOBA all be TOAA's Hulk? I don't see it like that, and that's a question Ewing asks once: Does God have a Hulk??

Where there is Qliphoth the other side is Sephirot.
    Exactly.

Some interesting things to ponder.

Who was Metatron, that was speaking to Banner in the future?

Some interesting things to ponder.

Who was Metatron, that was speaking to Banner in the future?
    He's considered the Voice of God (TOAA?), some times considered the mediator between man and God; described in some ways as being merciless.
    According to Marvel wikia, he was mentioned once:

Metatron, the Voice of God, was among the angels' names invoked by Morgan le Fay to harness the power of the Ebony Blade, along with Azriel.

Metatron appeared before Bruce Banner who was standing next to the apparent corpse of Mr. Immortal and asked Bruce what would he become at the end of all things.

He was described as cruel and merciless by Morgan le Fay.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Metatron_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    He's considered the Voice of God (TOAA?), some times considered the mediator between man and God; described in some ways as being merciless.
    According to Marvel wikia, he was mentioned once:

Metatron, the Voice of God, was among the angels' names invoked by Morgan le Fay to harness the power of the Ebony Blade, along with Azriel.

Metatron appeared before Bruce Banner who was standing next to the apparent corpse of Mr. Immortal and asked Bruce what would he become at the end of all things.

He was described as cruel and merciless by Morgan le Fay.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Metatron_(Earth-616)
    I too assume him to be TOAA.

Thanks for the link.