Page 99 of 171 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2556
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

INCREDIBLE HULK #1 FACSIMILE EDITION
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY
    Cover by JACK KIRBY

Meet the Incredible Hulk — for the first time! Re-experience the landmark issue that introduced the strangest being of all: Is he man or monster…or is he both? When puny scientist Bruce Banner’s gamma bomb experiment is interrupted by young Rick Jones, Banner charges onto the test site to rescue the reckless teen — and ends up caught in the blast! When the sun falls, a hulking new form rises — with gray skin, not green! A weakling no longer, the world is his — for he is the Hulk! But who, or what, is the Gargoyle? What are his plans for this newly-minted monster? And will it be the Hulk, or Bruce Banner, who triumphs over this Iron Curtain evil? It’s one of the all-time great Marvel comic books, boldly re-presented in its original form, ads and all! Reprinting INCREDIBLE HULK (1962) #1.
    32 PGS./All Ages …$3.99

ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: THE IMMORTAL HULK #1

AL EWING (W) FILIPE ANDRADE (A) Cover by KYLE HOTZ
    Codex Variant Cover by TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE

Before his untimely death, Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross was the Red Hulk and, for a time, bonded to the Venom symbiote alongside Alejandra Jones and Laura Kinney. Now, Ross’ corpse has been unearthed, though why and by whom remain shrouded in mystery. With the gamma material in Ross’ body possibly in nefarious hands, that’s just what Bruce Banner intends to find out – one way or another!
    40 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+ …$4.99

IMMORTAL HULK DIRECTOR’S CUT #5 (OF 6)
    Written by AL EWING
    Penciled by JOE BENNETT
    Cover by ALEX ROSS

The horror has a name — and now it is unleashed in full graphic detail! The monster inside Bruce Banner is fully unleashed — in a brutal, bloody battle with the monster who made him. And Sasquatch of Alpha Flight finds himself caught up in the madness. Blood will flow. The truth will come out. There can only be one winner — and it won’t be the Immortal Hulk. The critically acclaimed reinvention of one of Marvel’s biggest icons is re-presented in Director’s Cut form, complete with Joe Bennett’s savage pencils and more incredible behind-the-scenes bonus features! Reprinting IMMORTAL HULK #5.
    56 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

IMMORTAL HULK DIRECTOR’S CUT #6 (OF 6)
    Written by AL EWING
    Penciled by LEE GARBETT
    Cover by ALEX ROSS

The horror has a name — and now it is unleashed in full graphic detail! Bruce Banner is alive — and everyone knows it. Now he’s hunted by the government, Alpha Flight, the mysterious Shadow Base…and the Avengers. And someone’s going to find him first. But Bruce has bigger problems. Something terrible has infected him. Something with unspeakable plans for humanity. And the only one who knows about it…is the Immortal Hulk. The critically acclaimed reinvention of one of Marvel’s biggest icons is re-presented in Director’s Cut form, complete with Lee Garbett’s bombastic pencils and more incredible behind-the-scenes bonus features! Reprinting IMMORTAL HULK #6.
    56 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

IMMORTAL HULK #25
    AL EWING (W) GERMÁN GARCÍA with JOE BENNETT (A) Cover by ALEX ROSS
    MARY JANE VARIANT COVER BY KRIS ANKA
    VARIANT COVER BY JOE BENNETT
    VARIANT COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VARIANT COVER BY ANDREA SORRENTINO
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY Gene Colan and Rudy Nebres
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS

GROUNDBREAKING DOUBLE-SIZED ISSUE!
    You’ve never read a Hulk comic like this before. You’ve never read a Marvel comic like this before.
    The heat death of our universe has come and gone. The Hulk is finally dead. Now, billions of years later, the Ninth Cosmos cowers...
    • ...before the BREAKER OF WORLDS.

56 PGS./Rated T+ …$5.99

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Probably because they’re willing to do whatever editorial wants. Waid didn’t care about Hulk so he was less likely to push back against editorial mandates, making him easy to work with.

Don’t know about Cates but Snyder occasionally holds Q&A’s on Twitter where he has repeatedly said that he wants to do a Hulk run with Capullo that would be horror-ish but has also said it would be a different take compared to Ewing. Cates I’m kind of iffy about, he’s way too in love with his OC Knull and it’s starting to get on my nerves how Cates shoves Knull into all of his books. He’s done good work on Venom though so maybe a few years later he’ll win me over, but Ewing has some long term plans so hopefully we’ll get a long run from him.
    Cates mentioned that He loves the character too, and replied to a a question of mine saying he has a huge Hulk pitch that he was hiding in his pocket until He gets the chance to write the character!

But, yes, I too have some issues with Cates. Besides the fact that he needs to shove his creations everywhere, He can be a little "J. Aaron-ish" (as he is his biggest fanboy). And that's not good.

Fantastic Member

Oh lol, Immortal Hulk is appearing in a Gwenpool comic. Well it could be funny though it's probably going to be nonsensical.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I think he already made a reference to it: "there are two left on the Andromeda Galaxy. Each terrified of leaving the other alone."
    I was wondering if those are Hulk/Mr. Immortal possibly(or maybe just Hulk and Banner). But it's too vague and i have no idea what they are doing in the Andromeda Galaxy, we need something more concrete.

It seems that Al Ewing is making the case that Gamma Affected Beings are Seraphim i.e. fiery angels, only that most are operating on the shadow side of the Tree of Life.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Fantastic Member

It seems silly even to say, but it does seem like Al is making the case like Hulk himself is some kind of Angel, on the other hand light is his enemy, so he can't be a "good" angel, maybe a fallen angel? Honestly i love the story but i have no idea where Al is ultimately going with all this, it's so confusing. But that's kinda the charm of the whole book, it's unpredictable in the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    It seems silly even to say, but it does seem like Al is making the case like Hulk himself is some kind of Angel, on the other hand light is his enemy, so he can't be a "good" angel, maybe a fallen angel? Honestly i love the story but i have no idea where Al is ultimately going with all this, it's so confusing. But that's kinda the charm of the whole book, it's unpredictable in the best way.
    I don't think it's silly at all. Al's already revealed that Hulk is the Archangel Khamael, who may well be in his fallen state. The story itself centers around the Tree of Life teaching or by some Qabalah, through its Sephirot. It's a teaching for man to go within himself and master his mind (soul) through different spheres or worlds until they reach the highest world or Keter. Al has also introduced what he believes to be the shadow side of the Tree of life called Qliphoth, the lowest world. The story is about the relationship of Banner to Hulk and their connection to Gamma Radiation and what that is and does to certain Marvel characters. This is consistent with Hulk lore in that it introduces the dichotomy and the question of whether Hulk is man or monster or is he both? Is he an angel or is he a devil or is he both?

I wouldn't call it confusing. It's just a lot to take in because of the depth of it.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 07-25-2019 at 01:09 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Have Ewing explicitly stated Hulk is Khamael? I think He left a lot of questions to be answered.

Ewing talking about Absolute Carnage

@Ger_Downing

Is 'Absolute Carnage: Immortal Hulk' technically a part of 'Immortal Hulk' or is it like 'Immortal Hulk: The Best Defence' where it's more of a side mission that doesn't affect the main book? I was just wondering since this involves Thunderbolt Ross.

@Al_Ewing
    In response to
    @Ger_Downing

More of a side mission. It'll be a nice juicy read for IMMORTAL HULK readers in terms of character insights, but it's not part of the main plot. It's an optional extra - I think of this and Best Defence as being our Annuals.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...501722112?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Have Ewing explicitly stated Hulk is Khamael? I think He left a lot of questions to be answered.
    I think issue #13 and another issue, he pretty much stated it definitively. Now whether this is entirely what Hulk is remains to be seen.

Peep this.

https://youtu.be/FEAoc-RThrQ

Spectacular Member

Can anyone tell me inbetween which Immortal Hulk issue’s # or trade Volume,should “Avengers No Road Home” Trade be read?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Octagon View Post
    Can anyone tell me inbetween which Immortal Hulk issue’s # or trade Volume,should “Avengers No Road Home” Trade be read?
    According to Ewing, No Road Home happens between Immortal Hulk #13 and #14.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    According to Ewing, No Road Home happens between Immortal Hulk #13 and #14.
    Thanks for the info