Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

A decent monthly title that I could enjoy without purchasing several separate titles would be nice. Weekly series aren't my cup of tea, and I absolutely loathe the tendency of most X-Books wanting me to read all the others.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I asked Shenron to bring SSJB Ultra Instinct Brevoort to the X-Office.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

X-23 and Hellion in a book together with the writer using it for something MEANINGFUL and not as just as a bone tossed to the fans.

Better continuity between books:
    * Consistent characterization: No more different writers presenting the same character as if they're different people.
    * Establish clear and definitive model sheets, and MAKE SURE THE ARTISTS USE THEM.
    * Clearly establish when one book is set in relation to another
    * No more ignoring the events of one book because it doesn't gel with what's happening in another.

Events happen because they're built up to, NOT because they're mandated. If an event requires a certain character start in a radically different status quo than they occupy in the regular monthly books, DON'T JUST SHOVE THEM INTO THE ROLE. Actually SHOW US that transition.

Knock it off the the "Muh Nuhstalgiaz" rehashing of 30 year old stories. Give us NEW stories, not just repackaging something Claremont did.

Also, give the AU and Hero vs. Hero stories a rest, FFS.

Better balance in team building from across all eras. Don't stack the team rosters with 10 characters created before Clinton's presidency, and toss in a single token 20XX character. Teams should draw a mix of characters from across the franchise's ENTIRE history.

Yeah, we don't want a repeat of Laura in All-New X-Men. That book totally ignored Gabby's existence, even when they got to IVX and it had to be after Civil War II, which Gabby debuted prior to.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Integrate the New X-Men into senior X-teams and re-establish Surge, Prodigy, and Hellion as the leaders of the students.
    X office has no plans for Prodigy.
    spoilers:
    He's a reserve Champion.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-01-2019 at 06:19 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

1. A Wolverine ongoing with great art. Steve Epting, Ken Lashley, Adam or Andy Kubert, John Cassadey or Frank Cho come to mind.

2. Uncanny X-men to be monthly instead of weekly. It's good already but the quality would be better if it wasn't weekly.

3. Alpha Flight ongoing. Without being tied to Danvers.

4. Excalibur ongoing.

5. X-Factor ongoing. The Havok team.

6.Mutant X ongoing.

7. Cable back.

8. A second X-men book staring the members that aren't in Uncanny. I talking about actual X-men. Characters like Cyclops not supporting cast like Hellion. Think 90s X-men. Also monthly not weekly.
    Last edited by nnelg; 01-03-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Something new and creative that does not involve another decimation, hero vs hero or alternative reality and I'm already satisfied .

On the other hand I would really like to see the new X-mens or some title with students who are actually being prepared to be X-mens and nothing of "(un) lovable losers".

Please stop bringing copies of characters from other alternative realities. And if it is inevitable please make they not stay more than a year before disappear.
    Last edited by Knives; 01-01-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, we don't want a repeat of Laura in All-New X-Men. That book totally ignored Gabby's existence, even when they got to IVX and it had to be after Civil War II, which Gabby debuted prior to.

X office has no plans for Prodigy.
    spoilers:
    He's a reserve Champion.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    David can pull double duty just like Honey Badger. Especially since they aren’t full members, just reserves.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-02-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

1. Synch resurrected. (Not that he died. It was his "husk" that exploded, right?)
    2. Monet madly pursuing Synch.
    3. Jubilee madly pursuing Synch.
    4. Skin madly pursuing Synch...albeit for different reasons.
    5. Synch madly pursuing Dr. Strange, Blue Marvel, Shaman, Namor, Hulk, Snowbird and the Silver Surfer. Because what he saw while he was dead, but not dead, is nothing short of pure evil and it's coming for them all!!!
    6. X-Men/ Alpha Flight/ Defenders crossover by the end of Autumn delivering an epic denouement to the Synch resurrection arc.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

One major wish I would like to have in this 2019 is for each book to have characters that do not appear in other x-books. That way we won't have numerous wolverines, storms, or jean greys taking a space in the roster that could go to characters that aren't really used a lot like the new x-men, new mutants, or generation x.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

I just want more attention given to the New X-men kids from now on - Surge, Hellion, Armor, Pixie, Rockslide, Mercury, Anole, Dust ect.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    1. Synch resurrected. (Not that he died. It was his "husk" that exploded, right?)
    2. Monet madly pursuing Synch.
    3. Jubilee madly pursuing Synch.
    4. Skin madly pursuing Synch...albeit for different reasons.
    5. Synch madly pursuing Dr. Strange, Blue Marvel, Shaman, Namor, Hulk, Snowbird and the Silver Surfer. Because what he saw while he was dead, but not dead, is nothing short of pure evil and it's coming for them all!!!
    6. X-Men/ Alpha Flight/ Defenders crossover by the end of Autumn delivering an epic denouement to the Synch resurrection arc.
    Absolutely agree, They don't even have to provide details on how he is alive just bring Synch back, the world needs to see the synch aura.

Cyclops treated with respect.
    The x-men treated with respect.
    New ideas and storylines.
    A Summers family book.
    Team books that have their own missions.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Creative Team
    - Diverse talents as writers and artists (more female, women of color, and/or LGBT writers).
    - Consistent art throughout. A story tends to feel less put together when the art is always changing. Try to have one artist, or at least two similar artists on rotation
    - More editorial effort; it seems like the editors for the X-Office aren't really doing their job properly in keeping books cohesive.
    - New modern, yet what-would-become iconic costumes for everyone.

Stories
    - New and innovative stories that don't involve just nostalgia; if I want to feel nostalgic, I can just go read those old stories.
    - Less line-wide events and less crossovers. Keep big events in a weekly miniseries like Avengers No Surrender, so tie-ins don't effect books.
    - Keeps team books cohesive, but also give them very distinct mission statements so there's no question of redundancy

Representation
    - Polaris, Northstar, and Dani Moonstar among others need to get the spotlight over characters that always get it.
    - Pick a select few (6-8) of the students/Academy X kids to really laser focus on and give them development and growth (just like how the New Mutants got their time)
    - More risky satellite books that allow writers to tell the stories they want to write -- i.e. Starjammers, Mutant Liberation Front, Excalibur, Hellfire Club, etc.
    - More X-Men of color and LGBT X-Men in major roles, not just as wallpaper.
    - More miniseries for characters like Iceman and Nightcrawler got. Try out Psylocke or Bishop, for example.
    - No character overlapping in team books.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    1. A Wolverine ongoing with great art. Steve Epting, Ken Lashley, Adam or Andy Kubert, John Cassadey or Frank Cho come to mind.

2. Uncanny X-men to be monthly instead of weekly. It's good already but the quality would be better if it wasn't weekly.

5. X-Factor ongoing. The Havok team.

7. Cable back.
    I’m all for these. Especially that last one! And I say make that X-Factor book the place where Scott, Logan and Havok all reside. The government sanctioned X-team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Just copy & paste from other thread.
    1. Monet staying black
    2. Sabretooth NOT being used as a Wile E Coyote villain, and instead treated like an actual character
    3. Deadpool given to a writer who's gonna make him a character again. Not a MadTv parody.
    4. Wolverine not being over-saturated
    5. Mystique & Sabretooth not being in a book together
    6. More cohesive books & continuity
    7. Real team books where the entire team gets stories, development & shining moments. Instead of the so-called team books that are really solos for a pet character & the other members are just their accessories.
    8. No Wolverine vs. Sabretooth. It's gotten old.

All wishful thinking. But if Marvel lets me down (AGAIN), I have gotten good at making my own canon. Because chances are, i'm gonna get the opposite of everything I wished for here. lol
    THAT PART especially the Monet staying black thing