Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Default Your wish from the x-books for 2019

Saw it over on the dc threads and figured it'd be interesting here as well?

Me? I'd like to see a

Sunspot, Magick, Multiple Man Book.

Thats My trinity right there.

Yes I could add a couple more too it but the only character's Ive been guilty of shipping for a while now is Robert, and Illanya. Plus, just thinking that Bobby OWNs A.I.M, Magick "owns" Limbo", and Jaime... no matter how badass he is
    he could be moreso.

But to heck with what my wish would be. WHAT IS YOUR X-WISH for the new year?

SunMagick being an inevitable pairing after all.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED

I’d like to see more Alpha Flight characters.

I don't think any of the things that need to change can be changed within this year, so I'm just going to get a drink and look for Tabby. Call back in uhhhhhh, 2021?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Polaris solo, mini, oneshot or leading a team book, primarily to make up for how she was treated on Blue in Marvel's efforts to promote Havok before he got his own team book to lead.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

My Wish List:

I want to see Monet on a book where she is snide yet heroic and is consistently colored as a dark-skinned woman.

More Rictor/Shatterstar and more surprise miniseries like Shatterstar that give X-Characters a life outside of being mutant soldiers (repeat rant from other threads)

Good, important roles for Sunspot/Citizen X, Magik, and Moonstar

Updated, sleek costumes that are not nostalgia wank to the 90's. Have Wada/Dauterman/McKelvie create new iconic fashions.

Russell Dauterman on Uncanny X-Men with a writer ready to tell an epic tale

Interesting new characters (X-Men, supporting, villains, all of the above)

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

More work from Kelly Thompson, Christina Strain, and Leah Williams (preferably an Emma Frost series). Would love to see Al Ewing on an X-book. Maybe something from Rainbow Rowell. Would love Russell Dauterman on an X-book.

Rictor, Chamber, Sunspot, Monet, Surge, Winddancer, Hellion, and Indra to show up somewhere.

The New X-Men characters to be written by someone who's read up on their previous appearances, powers, and characterization.

Northstar to be more than a cameo character once AoXM is over.

For Sina Grace and Leah Williams to get more work in the X-Offices, Al Ewing to get an ongoing mutant title, and Christos Gage to return to the X-Books.

More character-focused mini-series.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Just copy & paste from other thread.
    1. Monet staying black
    2. Sabretooth NOT being used as a Wile E Coyote villain, and instead treated like an actual character
    3. Deadpool given to a writer who's gonna make him a character again. Not a MadTv parody.
    4. Wolverine not being over-saturated
    5. Mystique & Sabretooth not being in a book together
    6. More cohesive books & continuity
    7. Real team books where the entire team gets stories, development & shining moments. Instead of the so-called team books that are really solos for a pet character & the other members are just their accessories.
    8. No Wolverine vs. Sabretooth. It's gotten old.

All wishful thinking. But if Marvel lets me down (AGAIN), I have gotten good at making my own canon. Because chances are, i'm gonna get the opposite of everything I wished for here. lol

Sunspot leading a team
    Synch being resurrected
    Actual team books
    Hickman or Al Ewing writing a book, preferably both

BANNED

1. Cyclops, Surge and Sunspot on the same team.
    2. Wolverine by Al Ewing.
    3. New uniform designs by McKelvie, Cyclops and Wolverine being high on the priority list, with Magik coming after.
    4. Hickman writing the flagship book.
    5. Blacklist Greg Land from the X-Books, leaving him to ruin other franchises, if we can't ban him from the industry completely.
    6. More long-term planning and better coordination between the writers.

Wish List

A real direction for X-Books like the ANAD/X-Factor era or the Utopia era while simultaneously letting X-Books breathe and do their own thing.

Keep continuity loose but still respect the work that came before it.

For students to be important in X-Men mythos again and not just used for shock value (after Glob tragically dies, of course) or background fillers.

Leah Williams, Rainbow Rowell, Al Ewing, Vita Ayala, Seanan McGuire, Eve Ewing, Gerry Duggan, Ta-Nehisi Coates to all have a TON of X-Men work post-AoXM.

Mark Brooks, Paco Medina, Mahmoud Asrar, Michael Ryan, Pere Perez, Scottie Young, Pepe Larraz, Kris Anka, German Peralta, Yildiray Cinar, Randy Green Georges Jeanty, Yanick Paquette, Mike Choi, Clayton Crain, and RB Silva to grace the X-Books with their gorgeous art.

Craig Kyle and Chris Yost to make a resurgence in the X-Men.

To give the students individualistic costumes again and stop being lazy with the “yellow-and-blue” or, at the very least, bring back the advisor/advisees system so different groups of students can get their own specialized outfits. Let Kris Anka, Mahmoud Asrar, Jamie McKelvie redesign the X-Men because I’m tired of lookin at these crusty pirate boots and underwear.

Real diversity on titles and not just having to deal with a 1 or 2:10 ratio all the damn time. And having a gay character is not a replacement for a black character. Let intersectionality through and bring diversity of all kinds into the X-Books.

Kitty Pryde to finally get out of that dusty closet.

Integrate the New X-Men into senior X-teams and re-establish Surge, Prodigy, and Hellion as the leaders of the students.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    My Wish List:

I want to see Monet on a book where she is snide yet heroic and is consistently colored as a dark-skinned woman.

More Rictor/Shatterstar and more surprise miniseries like Shatterstar that give X-Characters a life outside of being mutant soldiers (repeat rant from other threads)

Good, important roles for Sunspot/Citizen X, Magik, and Moonstar

Updated, sleek costumes that are not nostalgia wank to the 90's. Have Wada/Dauterman/McKelvie create new iconic fashions.

Russell Dauterman on Uncanny X-Men with a writer ready to tell an epic tale

Interesting new characters (X-Men, supporting, villains, all of the above)
    *clap emoji*
    *clap emoji*
    *clap emoji*
    *clap emoji*

Just...kill off Beast already. He's become a ugly reminder of the hypocrisy of some mutants.

I would like to see the following characters get some spotlighting this year:

Cyclops
    Cannonball (It'd be cool to see Smasher and their kid also)
    Sunspot
    Rachel (If it were up to me, Scott would facilitate her freedom but Rachel would do all of the actual work)
    Emma Frost (She had Scott's back)
    Surge
    Magik
    Polaris

Some of these picks are bias and some are just general buzz by fandom.

Plus, I'd love to see Ruby show up.

Warlock being alive and not fused with another New Mutant

An X-team led by either Sunspot or Moonstar (or Cannonball, but only if he quits X-Force)

A New X-Men book, but not something with Glob, Meme Badger and Kid Omega.

A Magik ongoing. (preferably far away from muh brother and muh soul mate)

None of the current UXM writers on those series.

Mighty Member

Give Rachel some dignity.

Make me like Kitty again.

Not focus on any given love triangle.

Limit the amount of extinction/genocide plots.

Limit the amount of "powerful mutant begins wrecking stuff and causing trouble plots."

Limit Phoenix/DoFP wannabe plots.