Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

A slick Paul M Smith depiction of the Defenders.
    Look! Hulk has a hairy chest, lol!

I like the position of the characters here.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Look! Hulk has a hairy chest, lol!

I like the position of the characters here.
    I'm down with Hulk having hairy chest AND arms. ;p

I like how he gives most of the characters their own environment. Surfer is against a night sky, partially covered by the clouds which frame Namor. Strange has some sort of mystical bubble he's flying in. and everyone is moving FORWARD. Heck, Namor even has his hair sweeping back to a fin on the back of his head!

Beautiful work by Smith.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm down with Hulk having hairy chest AND arms. ;p

I like how he gives most of the characters their own environment. Surfer is against a night sky, partially covered by the clouds which frame Namor. Strange has some sort of mystical bubble he's flying in. and everyone is moving FORWARD. Heck, Namor even has his hair sweeping back to a fin on the back of his head!

Beautiful work by Smith.
    Yeah, me too. Plus, I like the bestial Hulk face and hair with sides shaved/fade.

You perfectly stated what I wanted to say about the characters in their setting!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like the Netflix Defenders are officially no more. The last two shows just got cancelled.
    Maybe now we'll have a chance of seeing the original team again.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Here, here!!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Peace
    It would be great to see Surfer, Strange, Namor, Hulk and Valkyrie together!

That would be difficult right now, as Surfer is a Herald of Galactus again, Namor has gone villainous, and Hulk is not in one of his team player forms right now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That would be difficult right now, as Surfer is a Herald of Galactus again, Namor has gone villainous, and Hulk is not in one of his team player forms right now.
    True. I don't know if Marvel ever does this, but they could put them all together in a Defenders book separate from their individual storylines in their own book.

From the first Marvel Handbook.
    Unfortunately, the arrival of the New Universe and X-Factor brought an end to the Defenders and they appear to have missed the second volume of the Handbook.

But they did return for the '89 Update:

Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-18-2019 at 06:56 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post

From the first Marvel Handbook.
    Unfortunately, the arrival of the New Universe and X-Factor brought an end to the Defenders and they appear to have missed the second volume of the Handbook.
    Luke Cage Power Man should have been in that mix. Y'know for me, the actual Defenders are ten.
    Doc Strange
    Hulk
    Namor
    Silver Surfer
    Val
    Clea
    Nighthawk
    Hellcat
    Son of Satan
    Gargoyle
    That's like the classic line-up for me (I probably could also include Devil Slayer, but prefer to make it an even ten).

Peace

Looks like the Netflix Defenders are officially no more. The last two shows just got cancelled.
    I haven't watched them, but it's not's surprising, considering Disney's new streaming service. But seems like I read somewhere that there's a chance they could be revived there?

Peace

There is that -- and something I would love to see. But it would be several years down the road, as a good number of the OG Defenders would have to be introduced.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-18-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I think Nomads1 meant in the comics. With the Netflix shows gone, there'll likely be no return of the Bendis team under the Defenders name (they should've been New Avengers anyway - the previous one had become U.S.Avengers by then and the book was a reunion of four members of his Heroic Age team). The classic team kind of took back the name already anyhow - in the Best Defense one-shots.

It's Hulu that might revive the shows, not Disney+. Disney+ will only have family friendly content.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, I think the chances of the original team getting the name back for good are pretty big now.
    I really liked the one-shots, so I'd like to see what Zdarsky could do with the whole team on a regular basis.
    Whatever they do, I hope they include Val. She's always left out, but she should be in the same level as the 4 "classic" guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, I think the chances of the original team getting the name back for good are pretty big now.
    I really liked the one-shots, so I'd like to see what Zdarsky could do with the whole team on a regular basis.
    Whatever they do, I hope they include Val. She's always left out, but she should be in the same level as the 4 "classic" guys.
    Yes, the 4 classic guys and Valkyrie should form the core.

Then others can be added like Kyle Nighthawk, Patsy Hellcat, etc.

I think Nomads1 meant in the comics. With the Netflix shows gone, there'll likely be no return of the Bendis team under the Defenders name (they should've been New Avengers anyway - the previous one had become U.S.Avengers by then and the book was a reunion of four members of his Heroic Age team). The classic team kind of took back the name already anyhow - in the Best Defense one-shots.

It's Hulu that might revive the shows, not Disney+. Disney+ will only have family friendly content.
    Ah, gotcha. It's sad how much of comics is now influenced by the shows / movies. However, I will take it, if we get a classic Defenders book.

I thought they should have been named Heroes For Hire, instead of Defenders.

Didn't realize that about the new Disney streaming ... so I guess they won't be showing the Deadpool or Punisher movies, either?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think Ewing did the last, Best Defense: Defenders book (as well as the Best Defense: Hulk). Zdarsky did the Namor the book. Though, given the books he's written, he might be perfect for a Defenders ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, the 4 classic guys and Valkyrie should form the core.

Then others can be added like Kyle Nighthawk, Patsy Hellcat, etc.
    I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some other Defenders coming on, like Nighthawk and Hellcat and Val. But in Val's case, she lead her own Defenders team with Fearless Defenders, so she isn't always neglected. I do think it would be nice to see her and Hellcat on a team with the original Defenders. It was nice to see her shake up the guys. Who could forget this classic panel?