Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Defenders #13 May 1974
    "For Sale: One Planet--Slightly Used!"
    Nighthawk drops in on the Defenders, and after a brief battle he informs them of the events that brought him to Dr. Strange's Sanctum:
    He and the rest of the Squadron Sinister were restored and gathered by the mysterious alien being known as Nebulon

who was seeing super-powered beings to "sell" the Earth to him.
    The Squadron then agreed to build a device that would melt the Earth's polar ice-caps and flood the planet as part of the conditions of sale.
    Finding such a plan too horrible, Nighthawk refused and was banished from the meeting.
    However Nebulon insured that he could not warn the Avengers, making Nighthawk invisible to Earth's mightiest heroes.
    Overhearing them speaking of the Defenders, Nighthawk would instead seek their aid.

Needing extra muscle on this mission, Dr. Strange teleports Namor to their side,
    and the group battle to stop the Squadron Sinister from activating the device.
    However in the course of the battle they are trapped in a mystic bubble by Nebulon.

Script by Len Wein, pencils by Sal Buscema, inks by Klaus Janson.

I love those four together--Valkyrie, Hulk, Namor and Doc Strange! I wish they had stayed together for a few years going on missions. The artwork was fantastic!

BANNED

Secret Defenders #15 May 1994
    "Strange Changes, Part 1: Strangers and Other Lovers" starring Dr. Druid, Cage, Deadpool and Shadowoman.
    Dr. Strange forcibly puts Doctor Druid in charge of the Secret Defenders.

Can this new team of Secret Defenders

keep the evil Malachi

from gathering the last two pieces of the shattered Moebius Stone of Agamotto?

Script by Tom Brevoort and Mike Kanterovich, pencils by Jerry Decaire, inks by Tony DeZuniga

BANNED

Secret Defenders #16 Jun 1994
    "Strange Changes, Part 2: Resurrection Tango" starring Dr. Druid, Power Man, Deadpool and Shadowoman.
    The Secret Defenders are unable to keep Malachi from collecting all the pieces of the Moebius Stone.

Even with the help of Agamotto's agent, Cadaver.

Script by Tom Brevoort and Mike Kanterovich, pencils by Bill Wylie, inks by Tony DeZuniga

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Some Defenders fanart from the previous thread:

[img]

by John Byrne
    I love Byrne, one of the all-time classics, but man I have always hated his Namor. I don't know what it is, but to me his Namor always looks like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I love Byrne, one of the all-time classics, but man I have always hated his Namor. I don't know what it is, but to me his Namor always looks like hell.
    Nice group shot.

A few minor complaints: Namor is drawn too thin here and Valkyrie is missing her upper arm bands, while her belt should be silver, and Nighthawk does not need a cable to glide or fly.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Always the to me lousy domino mask Where them cool cowl-mask that the comicbook character Helcat is sporting in the comcis at?

BANNED

Defenders #14 Jul 1974
    "And Who Shall Inherit the Earth?"
    With the Defenders prisoner of the Squadron Sinister and Nebulon, Hyperion explains how
    Nebulon recruited and rescued him from the sub-atomic world in which he was banished to by Thor.
    When Nighthawk tries to prevent the Squadron from executing the Defenders,
    he is placed in the prison globe with them, and Nebulon has it shot into space.

Freeing themselves, the Defenders battle the Squadron and Nebulon.
    During the course of the battle Dr. Strange blasts Nebulon with a mystic bolt that reveals the alien's true form.
    With everyone shocked by the true form of Nebulon,

Nighthawk uses the moment to fire the ray, used to melt the icecaps, at Nebulon.
    The resulting explosion seemingly destroys Nebulon and the other Squadron Sinister members.
    The device explodes seriously injuring Nighthawk.
    However he is healed by Dr. Strange and accepted into the ranks of the Defenders.

Script by Len Wein, pencils by Sal Buscema(layouts) and Dan Green (finished art), inks by dan Green.

I always wondered how the stories would have played out had Namor remained wth the group.

BANNED

Today in Marvel History: The Defenders First Appearance

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Today in Marvel History: The Defenders First Appearance
    Wow! 48 years ago today!

I wish our Titanic Trio plus Silver Surfer and Valkyrie Brunhilde would reunite as a team.

BANNED

Secret Defenders #17 Jul 1994
    "Strange Changes, Part 3: On Borrowed Time" starring Dr. Druid, Power Man, Deadpool, Shadowoman and Cadaver.
    While the Secret Defenders try to get the Moebius Stone from Malachi,

Strange shows up to claim the power of Agamotto for himself.

Script by Tom Brevoort and Mike Kanterovich, pencils by Jerry DeCaire, inks by Tony DeZuniga

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love those four together--Valkyrie, Hulk, Namor and Doc Strange! I wish they had stayed together for a few years going on missions. The artwork was fantastic!
    I hope we eventually get to see this team as the Defenders in the MCU -- maybe after Silver Surfer gets introduced.

-Pav, who hopes Namor is in BP2...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I hope we eventually get to see this team as the Defenders in the MCU -- maybe after Silver Surfer gets introduced.

-Pav, who hopes Namor is in BP2...
    Yes, I agree my friend. The Dynamic Defenders on the Big Screen!