Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Some Defenders fanart from the previous thread:

by Doc Shaner

by John Byrne

by John Byrne
    Great pics!! Where are they from?

I especially love that first one!

The second one needs work-Val isn't correct: she has upper arm bands, her belt is silver, not gold on that costume and Dragonfang should be all gold like in the first pic.

Some Defenders fanart from the previous thread:

by Doc Shaner

by John Byrne

by John Byrne
    Though I can't say I've been a fan of anything Byrne has written in the last couple decades, his art never gets old. In my own head, a lot of the marvel universe looks like it was drawn by Byrne. Him or Perez.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Great pics!! Where are they from?

I especially love that first one!

The second one needs work-Val isn't correct: she has upper arm bands, her belt is silver, not gold on that costume and Dragonfang should be all gold like in the first pic.
    I think Doc Shaner did the first one, the head shots, just for fun.

The other two I believe were commissions that John Byrne did.

Good eye, on Val.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I can't say I've been a fan of anything Byrne has written in the last couple decades, his art never gets old. In my own head, a lot of the marvel universe looks like it was drawn by Byrne. Him or Perez.
    I agree. Byrne's art, and George Perez's art, are wonderful. I can see that on the MU ... plus the Buscema brothers.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Some more Defenders fan art.

by Kevin Nowlan, who did several of those New Defenders covers.

Not sure who did this one. Will see if I can find more info.

by Artstripes on Etsy
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/6557592..._listing_top-3

I LOVE this idea. There's so many groups and characters you could do -- and they appear to have done so.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Wow, these are great! I wish that first one was in color!

BANNED

Wow those Byrne pics look really good.

I guess he never actually draw The Defenders during his time with Marvel?

Wow, these are great! I wish that first one was in color!
    I think Nowlan has just gotten better and better. He's done a few covers for Aaron's Dr. Strange run, and they great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Wow those Byrne pics look really good.

I guess he never actually draw The Defenders during his time with Marvel?
    Interesting question. I don't know. He never drew the book itself, I believe. I'm trying to think if he ever drew them as guests in any of his books? I don't think so.

Yes, while retaining their iconic looks, all of the characters look so powerful and dare I say it...beautiful!

Yes, while retaining their iconic looks, all of the characters look so powerful and dare I say it...beautiful!
    Nothing wrong with them looking beautiful.

For anyone not familiar with the Defenders, here's an article from last year that touches on pretty much every series.

The weird history of Marvel's Defenders, most of whom are not appearing on the TV show.

A commission this poor artist had do twice, since the first one went missing! I think the artist is Italian, and maybe a bit confused, cause he called this team the Avengers.

https://www.instagram.com/mdsartstudio/?hl=en

The Fantastic Foursome!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

A commission this poor artist had do twice, since the first one went missing! I think the artist is Italian, and maybe a bit confused, cause he called this team the Avengers.

https://www.instagram.com/mdsartstudio/?hl=en
    SWEET NEPTUNE! Can I just say I LOVE Namor's pose... the others are awesome too.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    SWEET NEPTUNE! Can I just say I LOVE Namor's pose... the others are awesome too.
    Yes, a very powerful Namor. But it looks like he is about to be crushed by the Hulk! And Doc looks like he's trying to ignore the bickering and send them both to another dimension -- which was a regular thing for him. LOL!

On the Defenders Fansite, he was talking about the British reprints of the Defenders comics. It was something called Rampage, and they had a Defenders story and a Nova story, EVERY WEEK! Most of the covers are reprints of the original US covers, but there are a few, especially the first ones, that they created especially for the comic, I think. I don't recognize them, at least.

They called them the Daring Defenders in the UK, not the Dynamic Defenders. The first issue reprinted Marvel Feature 3, of all stories. Then #2 started with Defenders #1.

Interesting! I never heard of these! Look at that rare pic of Executioner shooting energy blasts! That must be the Valkyrie origin ish.