Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

A lovely piece by Patrick Zircher.

https://twitter.com/PatrickZircher/s...16486186635264
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Yes, but...where is Valkyrie? She should be featured with that group!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, but...where is Valkyrie? She should be featured with that group!

Hmmm. I don't know. I would have put Val there instead of Hulk. She was part of the Defenders pretty much since #4, wasn't she?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Hmmm. I don't know. I would have put Val there instead of Hulk. She was part of the Defenders pretty much since #4, wasn't she?
    Yes, exactly!

Plus, I love the character of Valkyrie.

BANNED

Defenders #12 Feb 1974
    "The Titan Strikes Back!"
    Wandering in the woods, the Hulk is attacked by Xemnu the Titan, who has once again returned to Earth.
    Using it's vast mental powers, Xemnu knocks the Hulk out with a telekinetic barrage of debris from the forest.
    However before passing out, the Hulk is able to send out a mystic summons to Dr. Strange for help.

Back in New York, at Dr. Strange's Sanctum, Strange presents Valkyrie with a new sword
    -- Dragon Fang -- to replace the loss of the Ebony Blade which she relinquished to the Black Knight.

Receiving the Hulk's distress call, Strange and Val travel to the town of Plucketville, run by mayor Amois Moses.

Strange and Val then notice that the towns people are not what they seem, and soon discover that Moses is really
    a disguised Xemnu who is plotting to fly the people of Plucketville to be host bodies to a new race of Titans.

Freeing the Hulk, a battle erupts between Xemnu and the Defenders.
    In the aftermath, Xemnu's plot is foiled, and as Xemnu tries to escape,
    the Hulk throws the alien's rocket at him causing an explosion that seemingly kills Xemnu.

Afterwards, the thankful Hulk considers "dumb magician" his friend and the three Defenders walk depart for home.

Script by Len Wein, pencils by Sal Buscema (layouts) and Jack Abel (finished art), inks by Jack Abel

Nerdgasm!!

I love, love, love that ish (#12, if the ole memory serves) where Val is featured and Dragonfang is offered to her by Doc Strange!

Look at how well Dragonfang is drawn! And the blowing golden color!

Those definitely bring back some memories. I remember wondering how Val could fight with half her face covered by her hair. LOL!

Cool pages! Thanks for posting them 616!

Those definitely bring back some memories. I remember wondering how Val could fight with half her face covered by her hair. LOL!

Cool pages! Thanks for posting them 616!
    While I knew of Veronica Lake, even back then, I did Wonder if Val had 2 eyes!

While I knew of Veronica Lake, even back then, I did Wonder if Val had 2 eyes!

LOL! That's right. We were just making an assumption that she had two. ;p

I read somewhere online a few years ago, that the Dragon Tusk of that long-dead Dragon that Dragonfang was carved from, was really from Asgard!?!

I never read that anywhere, it certainly does not state that in the source material above, and I was wondering if that was true, where that story appeared/came from, or any other news, etc.

Nice. One of my favorite artists doing one of my favorite teams.

Peace

I read somewhere online a few years ago, that the Dragon Tusk of that long-dead Dragon that Dragonfang was carved from, was really from Asgard!?!

I never read that anywhere, it certainly does not state that in the source material above, and I was wondering if that was true, where that story appeared/came from, or any other news, etc.
    I hadn't heard that before. I thought the sword came through Dr. Strange and the Ancient One?

A slick Paul M Smith depiction of the Defenders.

I hadn't heard that before. I thought the sword came through Dr. Strange and the Ancient One?
    Yes and it originally came from the old Wizard Kahji-Da who "slew such a beast centuries ago"!

Looks like the Netflix Defenders are officially no more. The last two shows just got cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman