Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    One of the plot points for the book that they hinted at is whether Sue will have to kill.

I want her to be put in a situation where she has to kill and she actually does. Her finding another way would be predictable and miss out on potential character growth. Seeing how she reacts to having killed someone and how she grows from it has so much more potential for the future.
    Nah..they wont let her kill her goodie two shoe record and kill. Now if its Miss Sinister putting on the pressure and its life or death..maybe you can get away with a non mind controlled Sue Richards killing.

One of the plot points for the book that they hinted at is whether Sue will have to kill.

I want her to be put in a situation where she has to kill and she actually does. Her finding another way would be predictable and miss out on potential character growth. Seeing how she reacts to having killed someone and how she grows from it has so much more potential for the future.
    When looking at Reed, and his controversial choices through history as well as Ben and Johnny simpler assault modes, this would be a good way to expand on Sue's status as an independent character. I get the argument.

We've seen Sue go into Mama Bear mode on many occasions. And although it her kids, I feel she would kill if her kids were threatened. Her mentioning how she could create small bubbles in bloodstreams and such indicate it is something she's considered. Putting the need into a non-family related situation does pose different questions, though.

i personally don't need to see Sue kill anyone. i don't know that it would make her a better character. compared to the other Fantastic Four members, she's not even a goody-two shoes. i've seen her threaten to kill and/or maim several villains over the years. she also threatened those school kids she was teaching once.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i personally don't need to see Sue kill anyone. i don't know that it would make her a better character. compared to the other Fantastic Four members, she's not even a goody-two shoes. i've seen her threaten to kill and/or maim several villains over the years. she also threatened those school kids she was teaching once.
    Let's not forget about her indecent exposure arrest after pantsing some Supervillain's. Girl's walked on the wild side .

Fearless #2 was meh.

spoilers:
    Sue was brought to the camp to talk about STEM and that feels off. STEM is Reed's thing and Sue has shown no expertise or interest in it. It also raises the question of what makes her qualified to talk about it, unless Marvel has retconned her to finally have a field of expertise it's pretty random. Plus she shouldn't be in that field as it messes up her dynamic with Reed.
    end of spoilers

If Sue has any field/career, I think it should be in medicine.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Good point there.
    spoilers:
    I'd imagine it's due to her work with the Future Foundation - which is what her appearance fee is being donated to. Either of the Wasps would've made sense for STEM for the same reason - because of GIRL.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good point there.
    spoilers:
    I'd imagine it's due to her work with the Future Foundation - which is what her appearance fee is being donated to. Either of the Wasps would've made sense for STEM for the same reason - because of GIRL.
    end of spoilers
    Most likely.

spoilers:
    To me it highlights the fact she has no career or expertise. She doesn't have her own thing and this is basically an extension of what Reed does. If this wasn't for girls/women only, then Reed would be here instead of Sue and that's sad.
    end of spoilers

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We were just talking about Sue not needing to kill someone?

INVISIBLE WOMAN #5 (of 5)
    MARK WAID (W) • MATTIA DE IULIS (A)
    Cover by ADAM HUGHES
    In order to find and rescue her former espionage partner, Sue Richards will have to step over a line of conduct that would horrify her family if they were ever to find out. How will this leave the Invisible Woman changed?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

As I said before, it would be interesting if they went through with it. Make the book have actual consequences and ramifications that effects the character and have her develop.
    But this could be the typical solicit and she somehow finds another way in-story.

Well, Sue with a gun is definitely a very striking visual...

BANNED

Just to give a heads up, in case it hasn't been mentioned here yet, Sue fans should definitely check out this week's issue of The Invaders.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Sue with a gun is definitely a very striking visual...
    Uh-huh…

This is an alt-Sue from Dark Reign: FF BTW.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Uh-huh…

This is an alt-Sue from Dark Reign: FF BTW.
    I did not know I needed gunslinging cowgirl Sue in my life, but wow .

Putting this panel here from the Black Cat #4 preview:

Putting this panel here from the Black Cat #4 preview:

Sue getting her due .

(Also notice Black Cat puts the emphasis on her maiden name).