Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hmm... on the first page of IW #3, the CIA say that they have tabs on the other three and only Sue is nowhere to be seen. Was someone spying on Ben and Alicia as they left then?
    I'd assume intelligence agencies have tabs, or try to keep them, on many superheroes. Being public figures, the FF would be easiest to track most of the time.

Hmm... on the first page of IW #3, the CIA say that they have tabs on the other three and only Sue is nowhere to be seen. Was someone spying on Ben and Alicia as they left then?
    They flew off in the Fantasti-car and you most likely need permission to do that without getting shot down. So it was easy to keep tabs on him and Alicia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitlerwasbad View Post
    Hello
    Do you guys think susan cheated on reed in grand Morrison's FANTASTIC four.if you read issue 2 it seems likely she cheated.but in issue 3 the conversion they had it did not seem like she slept with him.where namor says my bio electric aura short circuits yours or something like that.where he was trying to convince her to be with him.
    No. Sue has said countless times that she's never cheated on Reed. Plus Namor's ego is huge, the nanosecond something like that happened he would have gloated to Reed instantly.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The reason I don't respond that often to Crimz is we agree an awful lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    They flew off in the Fantasti-car and you most likely need permission to do that without getting shot down. So it was easy to keep tabs on him and Alicia.
    Even if the honeymoon was during the IW mini, tabs might be a rough location as opposed to exact spotting and surveillance.

No. Sue has said countless times that she's never cheated on Reed. Plus Namor's ego is huge, the nanosecond something like that happened he would have gloated to Reed instantly.
    Seriously. There WAS an attraction early on, but that's cooled considerably for Sue. Namor OTOH is either still serious about it or keeping up pretenses for some reason. My hope is he's not that dumb to realize it ain't ever going to happen.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Great image Jack Kirby penciled of Sue from Fantastic Four Annual #2 (September, 1964).

My own take on Sue and Namor (and I really liked the 'idea' of their attraction, just not the actual implementation) {also, reader of FF consistently since 1968}

is that Sue and Namor feel deep bonds between each other, but for different reasons. Yes, on Namor's part it is more romantic/sexual. But Sue is a symbol to Namor of the best humans (1/2 of his own heritage) can be. Sue has consistently stood up for Namor (even when she shouldn't have) and for Atlantis and Atlanteans. Sue has always had a bigger heart than the average heroine, to me. She was sympathetic towards Dragon Man in the early years too.

Namor sees in Sue, his other half, the land dwelling humans. Perhaps she reminds him of Betty Dean, his mother or any other woman that he was close to. I think he loves her like an outdated king-type would love any woman who 'belonged' to some other man, but I also think he sees through some of modern 'man's conventions. I remember during either Civil War or Illuminati stories that Namor would have to tell Reed some very obvious things about his relationship, that he was not getting.

I was so focused on Sue's new application of her power that I forgot to mention how cool it is that she can speak multiple languages. It makes me want the earth ambassador thing to happen even more someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    My own take on Sue and Namor (and I really liked the 'idea' of their attraction, just not the actual implementation) {also, reader of FF consistently since 1968}

is that Sue and Namor feel deep bonds between each other, but for different reasons. Yes, on Namor's part it is more romantic/sexual. But Sue is a symbol to Namor of the best humans (1/2 of his own heritage) can be. Sue has consistently stood up for Namor (even when she shouldn't have) and for Atlantis and Atlanteans. Sue has always had a bigger heart than the average heroine, to me. She was sympathetic towards Dragon Man in the early years too.

Namor sees in Sue, his other half, the land dwelling humans. Perhaps she reminds him of Betty Dean, his mother or any other woman that he was close to. I think he loves her like an outdated king-type would love any woman who 'belonged' to some other man, but I also think he sees through some of modern 'man's conventions. I remember during either Civil War or Illuminati stories that Namor would have to tell Reed some very obvious things about his relationship, that he was not getting.
    This?

From New Avengers: Illuminati #4

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitlerwasbad View Post
    Hello
    Do you guys think susan cheated on reed in grand Morrison's FANTASTIC four.if you read issue 2 it seems likely she cheated.but in issue 3 the conversion they had it did not seem like she slept with him.where namor says my bio electric aura short circuits yours or something like that.where he was trying to convince her to be with him.
    No. If Sue slept with Namor in that min-series, then Doom's plan would have worked, wouldn't it?

That's in the 616, and FF1234 isn't 616.

Namor does have a healthy ego, but his attraction to Sue has nothing to do with Reed. He's not Doom. He never pursued Sue because he wants to show up Reed, but because he is interested in Sue. Reed was a speedbump and one does not gloat over speedbumps.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Seriously. There WAS an attraction early on, but that's cooled considerably for Sue. Namor OTOH is either still serious about it or keeping up pretenses for some reason. My hope is he's not that dumb to realize it ain't ever going to happen.
    Oh, it cooled plenty for Namor also. The guy went on to marry two other women. Namor isn't the problem. It is modern writers who keep digging up the corpse of that dead romance.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...s-august-2019/
    Looks like we will not see another mini.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Speaking of which, the What If? of Sue having married Namor on an alternate Earth was rather interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...s-august-2019/
    Looks like we will not see another mini.
    When most comments of a book is "I never knew this existed" I think that's really telling...

I'm still pretty optimistic as trades can be just as important for sales. I think it would be a huge mistake to attribute these low sales to the character rather than Marvel's mishandling of the book.

I'm now 100% behind the idea of Sue being an archaeologist like she was in Fantastic Four: The End.

1. It doesn't step on Reed's toes at all.

2. It would be a unique profession among the Marvel superheroes - so it would entirely her own thing that would be synonymous with her like spy work is for Black Widow.

3. Can be used in Fantastic Four stories - She could find something during dig that leads to an adventure or want to go to specific place to investigate a particular civilization

4. It fits her personality - Sue's a people person and a career that's about the history of various people from art to architecture matches what Sue is about.

5. As it's set in Marvel it would be very unique - Other than the usual things archaeologist find with this being Marvel there are bound to be magical and alien artifacts found. Plus she could even want to investigate cultures of aliens on other planets.

6. Suits her powers
    - Her powers are perfect for finding and handling ancient artifacts.

7. Can lead to interesting team-ups - Like Dr Strange would seek her out to help if he's come across an unknown ancient magical artifact.

I just think this fits her so well and it could even be the mystery degree she has. Just have it that being apart of the FF sidetracked that aspect of her life and she wants to get back into now the kids are more independent.

Last edited by Crimz; 09-17-2019 at 02:50 PM.

I'm now 100% behind the idea of Sue being an archaeologist like she was in Fantastic Four: The End.

1. It doesn't step on Reed's toes at all.

2. It would be a unique profession among the Marvel superheroes - so it would entirely her own thing that would be synonymous with her like spy work is for Black Widow.

3. Can be used in Fantastic Four stories - She could find something during dig that leads to an adventure or want to go to specific place to investigate a particular civilization

4. It fits her personality - Sue's a people person and a career that's about the history of various people from art to architecture matches what Sue is about.

5. As it's set in Marvel it would be very unique - Other than the usual things archaeologist find with this being Marvel there are bound to be magical and alien artifacts found. Plus she could even want to investigate cultures of aliens on other planets.

6. Suits her powers
    - Her powers are perfect for finding and handling ancient artifacts.

7. Can lead to interesting team-ups - Like Dr Strange would seek her out to help if he's come across an unknown ancient magical artifact.

I just think this fits her so well and it could even be the mystery degree she has. Just have it that being apart of the FF sidetracked that aspect of her life and she wants to get back into now the kids are more independent.
    I didn't know I needed cosmic Lara Croft in my life.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    I didn't know I needed cosmic Lara Croft in my life.
    That's kind of what made me love the idea more. That Marvel doesn't really have an Indiana Jones or Lara Croft type in their universe. Sue could be that and it fits both her and what her family does. It could be really cool.

Wish the artist didn't draw Sue looking like that...

That's kind of what made me love the idea more. That Marvel doesn't really have an Indiana Jones or Lara Croft type in their universe. Sue could be that and it fits both her and what her family does. It could be really cool.
    Closest equivalent I can think of is Elsa Bloodstone, and she's just a monster hunter.
    Wish the artist didn't draw Sue looking like that...
    I don't know if the artist is just trying to distinguish her more from Carol, but yeesh...