Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 471
  1. #391
    Spectacular Member karatattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Color changing with great effort I can deal with. I don't want to see her become an illusionist controlling light waves like an artist painting a picture. But stuff like hair and skin color are interesting and relatively minor enough to be OK with my fankid opinions of her powers.

    The FF all have one power or one change to their bodies which bestows powers on them. Sue's can become invisible herself or make other people and things invisible. This ability to adjust light somehow allows her to do force field stuff. it's a stretch (pun unintended), but I'll suspend disbelief for that. We've seen Sue turn Reed invisible from the outside in and making it seem as if he'd been disintegrated. The invisibility can be used as an illusion.

    The step of blocking/adjusting some colors of the spectrum seems perfectly natural and the more I think about it, the more I'm p!$$ed that I didn't think of it before this.
    Me too!!! Now that I've seen it, it's so obvious I can't believe we're only now getting this ability in a story.

  2. #392
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Color changing with great effort I can deal with. I don't want to see her become an illusionist controlling light waves like an artist painting a picture. But stuff like hair and skin color are interesting and relatively minor enough to be OK with my fankid opinions of her powers.

    The FF all have one power or one change to their bodies which bestows powers on them. Sue's can become invisible herself or make other people and things invisible. This ability to adjust light somehow allows her to do force field stuff. it's a stretch (pun unintended), but I'll suspend disbelief for that. We've seen Sue turn Reed invisible from the outside in and making it seem as if he'd been disintegrated. The invisibility can be used as an illusion.

    The step of blocking/adjusting some colors of the spectrum seems perfectly natural and the more I think about it, the more I'm p!$$ed that I didn't think of it before this.
    When I say illusion I mean little tricks of the light if she comes into a situation where her invisibility won't work (such as in rain or snow). I don't mean huge spectacles like conjuring a dragon or something.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  3. #393
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,374

    Default

    Putting this here because it's just really cool. From Invisible Woman #3:

    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  4. #394
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Oh that poor simple fool. Never sneak up on a professional spy, people who can turn invisible, or spies who can turn invisible.

  5. #395
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    When I say illusion I mean little tricks of the light if she comes into a situation where her invisibility won't work (such as in rain or snow). I don't mean huge spectacles like conjuring a dragon or something.
    I get it. But your backing a Sue power-up is always possible.

  6. #396
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SouthEast Tennessee
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    This book is just an absolute blast to read. I hope Narvel at least gives us a follow up mini if not an ongoing!

  7. #397
    Mighty Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Marvel has given Sue some love this year and it's made me really happy. She got her first mini book and a few guest appearances. It may not seem like much, but it's a lot better than they treated her before the Fantastic Four cancellation. One of my biggest problems was that she seemed attached at the hip to the team and rarely showed up away from the others. It's great to see that change.

    I hope this continues after her mini ends and that they give her a real push.
    I'm glad they went through with giving Sue a solo series since I really don't think she needs to be pigeonholed into being on the Fantastic Four all the time, as iconic as the original four are.

  8. #398
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Spoilers for Invisible Woman #3:


    I love the new application of her powers, it opens the door to what else she can do with light. Something that I've wanted to see for a very long time.



    Changing colors of things can be the beginning of more creative applications of her powers; Mirages/illusions, mirror-like reflections, light-based attacks, see in the dark. There are many cool and interesting things she could possibly do.
    How did Reed never think of that? Val's just earned her codename, Brainstorm!

  9. #399
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How did Reed never think of that? Val's just earned her codename, Brainstorm!
    Treating this in way too much detail, I'd say Reed would think color changing was a relatively unimportant But as people have said here, it seems to be a natural progression of her powers.

    I'm more concered with the "TEENAGE" daughter comment. The fankid inside me struggles to make this work out with his knowledge of current continuity.

    But the series has been extraordinary.

  10. #400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How did Reed never think of that? Val's just earned her codename, Brainstorm!
    in fairness, he wasn't really thinking of his wife as a potential spy. against the frightful four, going completely invisible would be a lot more effective than tanning.

  11. #401
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,374

    Default

    In my mind the conversation with Val came after this moment in the recent Fantastic Four #11:

    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  12. #402
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    In my mind the conversation with Val came after this moment in the recent Fantastic Four #11:
    It very well could have been. The timing fits. As to the idea from the writers' impressions, the stories seem too close together for Waid to have read this and worked it into his story. It's possible the idea had been floating around the Marvel Bullpen (is that term still used, get off my lawn!) for a while, though.

  13. #403
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It very well could have been. The timing fits. As to the idea from the writers' impressions, the stories seem too close together for Waid to have read this and worked it into his story. It's possible the idea had been floating around the Marvel Bullpen (is that term still used, get off my lawn!) for a while, though.
    I don't at all think Waid read this and used it for his story. I just think it's a nice coincidence that could be used to bridge things together in a nice inter-connective way.

    Like the Invisible Woman mini seems to be taking place within a week. It could easily fit during Fantastic Four #12 and 13 with the Thing vs Hulk fight timeline-wise. I don't believe Marvel would ever give it such a definitive timeframe, but I like to speculate and theorize.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-13-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  14. #404
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Like the Invisible Woman mini seems to be taking place within a week. It could easily fit during Fantastic Four #12 and 13 with the Thing vs Hulk fight timeline-wise.
    Hmm... on the first page of IW #3, the CIA say that they have tabs on the other three and only Sue is nowhere to be seen. Was someone spying on Ben and Alicia as they left then?

  15. #405
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hello
    Do you guys think susan cheated on reed in grand Morrison's FANTASTIC four.if you read issue 2 it seems likely she cheated.but in issue 3 the conversion they had it did not seem like she slept with him.where namor says my bio electric aura short circuits yours or something like that.where he was trying to convince her to be with him.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •